All d3 fanboys wanting AH, Blizzard shutting AH down

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
yep, they know if they didnt remove the AH they wouldn't have a game to profit off in any form, the business model failed, just like the game failed, because they didnt understand the genre they were creating.

Theyre not stupid, they dont care about 12 million sales as much as their care about their companies reputation. Thats what shifted 12 million copies of D3 before people even had a chance to properly play it, the rep they had, and repairing that reputation now is what is going to sell 12 million copies of future games. If they cut and run, let D3 just die as a failed venture that dents confidence in blizzard games across the industry. You can bet by their maths Blizzard expects to make more money in the next 10 years by doing this than leaving the AH in the game.

I think you pretty much nailed it Snorkle
PoE launch next month with interesting changes.

D3. 2.0 with endgame,ladders,removed AH and drops balanced around that fact, loot 2.0,+all the other shit that comes.

ARPGers rejoice! :)

This truly is a great time to be an ARPG player.

And all you nerds acting like one of the two is jesus while the other is pure evil > wipe the foam of your mouth, hating on other games is so 2012.

I for once will play THE CRAP out of both games.

*Happy*
Last edited by Anelit on Sep 17, 2013, 9:22:50 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
IceM wrote:
What is GGG doing? Drops suck in this game to make people trade

This really isn't true. You can complete the game fine using the drops. People trade just because its easy to do so and you can make more currency that way. Trading is great but its really not required.

Blizzard is only further admitting that they didn't know what they were doing and are now trying to completely rework the game.

I don't know how anyone can keep saying this with a straight face.

Sure, my Level 81 Duelist "completed the game fine" Self-Found. His gear is mediocre, his DPS is crap for a lvl 81, and the best weapon I have ever found is 22 levels old and very ordinary. The last 10 levels have consisted of me picking up junk to sell for orbs that I throw into the gambling slot machine for little or no return, and zero character improvement.

This is PoE without trading, and I fail to see how even the most "casual" of players could be expected to find this enjoyable, let alone compelling.

Last edited by DijiGo on Sep 17, 2013, 9:36:43 PM
Going to post again what I posted in another thread related to this:

"
I was actually very, very shocked and surprised to hear that Blizzard was doing this to Diablo III. I thought that the AHs were there to stay and would end up being a cancer that would never be removed from the game and thus be a major obstacle in making it better...I am glad to be proven wrong. Now, that is not to say that Diablo III is going to suddenly become heads and shoulders better than PoE or whatever other game people will compare it to, but that along with their tentatively proposed 'Loot 2.0' talks are promising. I will certainly keep a very healthy dose of caution and not buy into the hype (the launch of the game as well as some poor patches burned and jaded me to the game), but thusfar it seems Blizzard is taking steps to correct flaws.

Granted, not everything so far is getting fixed, and there are still way too many details left unaccounted for, as well as (IMHO) too much reliance on weapon damage and gear being way too mandatory for skills to function properly...we'll see what happens. There needs to be more light shed on how in-game trading will be improved without the AH, if there will be more ways to customize characters, and potentially even skill trees (though I SERIOUSLY doubt this), but so far...steps in the right direction.
I honestly didn't like the D3 beta so much that I cancelled my CE preorder and never played the game.

No middle button skill, didn't like the graphical art (not dark or creepy enough), and playing the game felt so inferior to both sacred and torchlight games.

Is the expansion and the changes being made really going to make much difference? Will there be a demo of it again that I can try before purchasing?
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This may be evidence that Blizzard is taking GGG seriously.

It's much simpler than that. Blizzard made a calculated decision that if they cut the AH they would raise the sales of the expansion. A lot of people will look at the changes and decide the want to try the expansion thus making even more profit. I doubt they even care what GGG does, or else they would know that not having a good trading system will piss off a lot of people.

yep, they know if they didnt remove the AH they wouldn't have a game to profit off in any form, the business model failed, just like the game failed, because they didnt understand the genre they were creating.

Theyre not stupid, they dont care about 12 million sales as much as their care about their companies reputation. Thats what shifted 12 million copies of D3 before people even had a chance to properly play it, the rep they had, and repairing that reputation now is what is going to sell 12 million copies of future games. If they cut and run, let D3 just die as a failed venture that dents confidence in blizzard games across the industry. You can bet by their maths Blizzard expects to make more money in the next 10 years by doing this than leaving the AH in the game.

if this was the case. Why did they wait so long?
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

They got money off of each RMAH transaction.

Once the volume dried up from people quitting, there's no reason to keep it around if you can turn its removal into a selling point.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

Once the volume dried up from people quitting, there's no reason to keep it around if you can turn its removal into a selling point.

bingo.

Edit. And just to remind everyone of the bs they spew. Remember when they said the AH had nothing to do with how loot was designed? Kinda funny how theyre eliminating the auction house and changing loot drops in tandem eh?

One hell of corporation for sure. They constantly play everyone like a fiddle.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Sep 17, 2013, 10:54:16 PM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

bingo.

Edit. And just to remind everyone of the bs they spew. Remember when they said the AH had nothing to do with how loot was designed? Kinda funny how theyre eliminating the auction house and changing loot drops in tandem eh?

Really? Whats GGG's excuse? Why are drops in this game centered around people trading? Drops suck forcing people to trade to progress. How in the fuck can you people bash d3 and support GGG when they are doing the exact same fucking thing? [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Sep 17, 2013, 11:27:20 PM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

bingo.

Fair enough, corporations sometimes BS their customers, but removing both Auction Houses? Ballsy move, and can't see how removing the Gold AH is part of the "failed cash cow turned into a selling point".

Surely some existing customers are going to be annoyed with no AH at all.

edit: "They constantly play everyone like a fiddle" = case diluting hyperbole.
Last edited by DijiGo on Sep 17, 2013, 11:16:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info