All d3 fanboys wanting AH, Blizzard shutting AH down

"
"
Kagami45 wrote:
great news but this is poe :)

Yeah but all these people that wanted POE to have an AH always had the argument "well d3 has it why can't poe. Now that argument is invalid. :)

It still is for them. Forums are 99% of the time not about logical ratianal arguments that you would have in the Real World. Diablo fill flop again and than people will just say "THATS BECAUSE YOU REMOVED THE AH!"

just wait and see...
Why you should try Harcore http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/209310/page/1
Very good news!
I'm a firm believer that both games can co-exist. I played D3 only up to level 4 but didn't really like it that much. I was able to buy it for $10 when Toys R Us were blowing out their computer games but i haven't played it yet because POE is crack in binary form. I was totally against a AH for a game I would be playing single player, I saw it as a money grab so I'm happy to see it going away. I wanted to see what the community over there had to say and I read this over there:
"
About time!!! There is one other thing I would like to see happen, a mode or a level that you can enter that is just a small arena like map that you can pick your level of difficulty like Normal, Hell, Nightmare, and so forth and the Act level and you would fight in waves all the monsters of that act till you reach the end. While you are going through the waves you move up a number of ranks based on how you well you fought and if you die you have to start over. Each rank you get you get a reward rather its an item or exp you get them for each rank you make.

Well, he specifically said map and the rest sounds like races. It made me laugh.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
"
skinnay wrote:

why do people think the aspect of trading is so detrimental...? the problem comes when you can use real money to gain a trading advantage and it's accepted by the developers

It's not RMAH that is the problem, it's the gold AH and the abyssmal drop rates that comes with it. Most of that problem exists in PoE aswell. I'm glad blizz are taking really huge steps to try to fix it, and I can only hope that GGG will follow.
"
IceM wrote:
What is GGG doing? Drops suck in this game to make people trade

This really isn't true. You can complete the game fine using the drops. People trade just because its easy to do so and you can make more currency that way. Trading is great but its really not required.

Blizzard is only further admitting that they didn't know what they were doing and are now trying to completely rework the game.
Standard Forever
The bad news out of this development is, watch for the flood of D3 auction house flippers coming into this forum demanding that GGG add an auction house to PoE.

They'll take up precious real estate with their whining.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
sounds like a good reason to get the expansion

good job i'm one of the few people in the world to have a hard drive big enough to have poe and d3 installed on it at the same time

LOL.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Sacred 2 is still vastly superior in terms of gameplay than both D3 and PoE anyway.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This may be evidence that Blizzard is taking GGG seriously.

It's much simpler than that. Blizzard made a calculated decision that if they cut the AH they would raise the sales of the expansion. A lot of people will look at the changes and decide the want to try the expansion thus making even more profit. I doubt they even care what GGG does, or else they would know that not having a good trading system will piss off a lot of people.

yep, they know if they didnt remove the AH they wouldn't have a game to profit off in any form, the business model failed, just like the game failed, because they didnt understand the genre they were creating.

Theyre not stupid, they dont care about 12 million sales as much as their care about their companies reputation. Thats what shifted 12 million copies of D3 before people even had a chance to properly play it, the rep they had, and repairing that reputation now is what is going to sell 12 million copies of future games. If they cut and run, let D3 just die as a failed venture that dents confidence in blizzard games across the industry. You can bet by their maths Blizzard expects to make more money in the next 10 years by doing this than leaving the AH in the game.
At loooooong last...

A truly serious attempt at a Self-found ARPG, with loot designed for the SF playstyle.

If Blizzard can really pull this off, all past sins forgiven.

Can. Not. Wait.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info