All d3 fanboys wanting AH, Blizzard shutting AH down

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
This may be evidence that Blizzard is taking GGG seriously.

It's much simpler than that. Blizzard made a calculated decision that if they cut the AH they would raise the sales of the expansion. A lot of people will look at the changes and decide the want to try the expansion thus making even more profit. I doubt they even care what GGG does, or else they would know that not having a good trading system will piss off a lot of people.
"
boof wrote:
Blizzard going in for the PoE kill.
After D3 I wasn't going to buy anything Blizzard again, but all these updates combined with PoE's desync are rendering me weaker by the day.

People still falling for all the hype. Same shit over and over. All sorts of people were saying that the release of D3 would kill off PoE. Now the D3 Expansion is apparently going to kill PoE. You'll buy the expansion and be back to PoE within two weeks complaining about how greedy Blizzard is and how you'll never buy another Blizzard game. Again.
Forum Sheriff
"
BuDiu wrote:
you know whats funny....

blizzard delayed D3 rease for a whole year JUST SO THEY COULD FINISH IMPLEMENTING THE AH / RMAH instead of PvP.
There was a decision made by blizz / activision to either work on pvp or AH/RMAH. Needles to say Activision clearly wanted the mass profit option aka RMAH.

So now they decide to remove AH/RMAH and left everyone witha half ass non finished crappy pvp.

mad funny.

despite the sales and amazing profit the game got blizzard / activision, it is still considered the BIGGEST FLOP IN ELECTRONICS GAME EVER IN HISTORY OF HUMANITY.

but its actually a good change for the future of the game.. specially with the expansion announced and loot 2.0

Do you think that any of the Blizzard board members think it was a flop ? You know, those older ladies and gentlemen that don't play videogames and just invest lots of money in companies to get a positive return on investment ?

Does calling a screaming financial success a flop make the profits devalue ? Those thousands of bad reviews ? each earned the right to give that bad review after giving Blizzard 60 - 100+ dollars, depending on the game package.

Flop. Oh you guys..... :)
"
Powertrip wrote:
Do you think that any of the Blizzard board members think it was a flop ? You know, those older ladies and gentlemen that don't play videogames and just invest lots of money in companies to get a positive return on investment ?

Does calling a screaming financial success a flop make the profits devalue ? Those thousands of bad reviews ? each earned the right to give that bad review after giving Blizzard 60 - 100+ dollars, depending on the game package.

Flop. Oh you guys..... :)

Why are you looking at it from an investors view point? From a gamer view point, D3 was a massive flop/failure/etc. Also, they didn't make anywhere near as much as they thought they were going to.
"

Why are you looking at it from an investors view point? From a gamer view point, D3 was a massive flop/failure/etc. Also, they didn't make anywhere near as much as they thought they were going to.

So I should look at it from the the point of view of the kind of person that can't spot a pyramid scheme when it takes a squat on their face ?

Real world ? people make games to make money. Even GGG. D3 made a ton of money, and will have a refresh of purchase influx with the removal of the auction house, and that my friend, is an extremely successful business venture, bad game or not.

Calling it a failure of gameplay, an unworthy successor to D2 and other such things may make some feel warm inside, but at the end of it, it's about money and not much else.
Last edited by Powertrip on Sep 17, 2013, 5:52:06 PM
the auction house costs a fuckton of money to maintain

the database is huge, people demand high performance from it, and a lot of people are botting it, which means constant spam querying of this giant database.

then, on top, the RMAH requires additional overhead in terms of support personnel since when Real Money is on the line people are going to want to be able to bitch/etc when things don't work out right.

i'm 100% certain that the main reason they are killing it is financial.
PoE has the same problem tho. Trading (flipping items) is way more efficient at getting richer than playing the game.
"
otinanai2 wrote:
PoE has the same problem tho. Trading (flipping items) is way more efficient at getting richer than playing the game.

They're fixing this
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
"
Malzarius wrote:
kill monsters to get cool loot

The relevant part for the PoE forums.

Maybe GGG will read it.
Casually casual.

"
otinanai2 wrote:

You are not seriously comparing a in beta game to one that is out for more than a year?

GGG has plenty of time making things better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info