:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
鬼殺し wrote:
The names are in my head. Thing is, I am bound by availability for the most part -- unless something is a crazy must-see, I'll pick something on CR that is on my list over something that isn't.

Hisotan coming to Netflix next week btw. Very much anticipating that one, for obvious reasons.

Alright, got it :)

A rant about availability, piracy and that stuff
I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I'm far less moral when it comes to availability, but seeing how some streaming services handle, heck, even just how they distribute the money they get (looking at you, Crunchyroll!), it won't keep me from sleep at night.

Kinda reminds of a quote from Gabe Newell: Piracy is not a matter of price, it's a service problem.

Though I think in this case, the problem lies in both aspects. On the one hand, the streaming services sometimes have incredibly stupid designs. I had amazon prime (and thus prime video) for a while and it was a nightmare to navigate through it. From what little I've heard and seen about netflix so far, that one's better, but better doesn't mean good.
And then there's licensing... if you want to pick up multiple series in a single season, chances are that you would have to be subscribed to two or three streaming services, which isn't cheap. At all.

I somewhat get the feeling that what I just wrote has the potential to piss of a LOT of people. That's not the intention, but this is the way I see it. If the companies running those services want to earn (more?) money, they should stop competing with each other and start trying to compete with the less legal sites. Similar what steam did in regards to gaming piracy.

Sorry, I just hat to get that out. It's one of the things that seems to have gotten worse, or at least gotten more attention again recently, with all that Crunchyroll drama... speaking of them, both series I mentioned should be available there... at least from what I found out in a quick google search. In case you need something relaxing, those two should be good.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Done with ReLIFE now.

Spoiler
That ending was emotional though. Everything went well in the end, but goddamn, that scene when An broke down after seeing what Chizuru wrote on her hand... I swear, it's ALWAYS the crying ones that get to me the most.

Well... since I'm done with ONE series that's about reintegrating social outcasts into society, it would only be fitting to also finish Welcome to the NHK.
If it's going to be anywhere near as emotional as ReLIFE was... I might actually end up catching up on Asobi Asobase in a single go. I get the feeling that I'll be needing that.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Welcome to the NHK

Fair warning, it's a great show and imho a must-watch, but I call it "Cringe: The Anime" since it can get "too real" at times.

But it's a good idea to have a feel-good show queued up, so it seems you're prepared.

PS: It was a bitch to quote this without reading the spoiler, since ReLIFE seems right up my alley.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Starlight

You've complimented this show so many times, I just had to add it to the pile of "Currently Airing" anime that I'll most definitely watch sometime in the next 100 years.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's an underdog story on all levels -- from the perceived main character's place in the show to the struggles behind the scenes to produce each episode. And like all good underdog stories, it fairly hums with rebellion and defiance.

But if well-animated girls singing their way through duels on a stage that defies physics bookended by slice-of-life high school drama isn't your thing, then there might not be much to hold onto.

You had me at "animated".

Last edited by NemoJr on Sep 16, 2018, 7:23:27 AM
Ok, I gotta admit, Welcome to the NHK is hard to watch. Not because it's bad by any means, but because the opposite is the case. I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it. That thing has a really strong emotional impact, in more ways than one. Heck, I might even have to resort to a Flying Witch rewatch after this one (sorry for mentioning that one again, it's just the most relaxing series I know).
Yup. Gotta be quite a trooper for that one...

Btw, out of curiosity, I wanted to see what the Japanese name was for "Flying Witch". Turns out it's "FuRaINGuUicChi". In hiragana.

Yeah that's not the first time I was blindsided by anime like that.

You mentioned watching The Tatami Galaxy...

NHK is similar to that in theme, but is slower, longer, and more depressing. Though I remember getting some genuine laughs out of it, too.

That damn song...
Puru Puru Puururin~

Welcome to the NHK is so far a lot less cringy than what little I saw of watamote. It goes more into a realistic direction and seems to be covering quite a lot of series issues with the main character. That guy has quite some problems and and probably a trauma or a dozen.

As for SAO... watch the abridged series on youtube. It's better than the original. FAR better. I have to admit, I DO watch SAO whenever a new series of it comes out, but only to see how much worse it can get. The recent GGO series was ok, and the first half of the first season of SAO itself was aswell, but it quickly turned into a trainwreck going off-rail to fall down a mountain into a nuclear power plant. I don't wanna go into more details than that.
I recently watched barakamon i think it's called, solid watch right before going to bed.

Don't think anybody mentioned it on here yet.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
I recently watched barakamon i think it's called, solid watch right before going to bed.

Don't think anybody mentioned it on here yet.

Peace,

-Boem-

It's been a while since I've seen that one... I liked it. It was nice and relaxed and... crap That just made me remember the fact that I have yet to finish Handa-Kun.
But yeah, Barakamon is is a nice watch, good sol. I feel like it somewhat created the whole "adult taking care of a child" type of series or at the very least made it more popular. We had quite a few of those the last two or so years iirc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info