:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
FCK42 wrote:
Heck, I might even have to resort to a Flying Witch rewatch after this one (sorry for mentioning that one again, it's just the most relaxing series I know).

I am not really an avid anime watcher. I've seen some of the movies. I mostly read mangas.

I am kind of surprised Flying Witch got an anime. It is a cute story, but doesn't seem like it would be a good transition to anime.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The product placement was a little distracting for me but I said nothing in case it was just me. :)

It felt quite forced imo. Still, I think it was a great show overall. There's just something about bones doing some sort of mech (ish) + a bit of romance anime. They seem to handle those quite well.

I have to say, I'm having a hard time trying to motivate myself to watch welcome to the NHK, it's just so damn heavy and poe currently eats a lot of my time... maybe I'll throw in another series. We'll see.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Thanks for mentioning ReLIFE. It was great in a lot of ways, and a nice change of pace among the run-of-the-mill mildly-ecchi action-romance shounens I've been binging on lately.

Make sure to watch the 4-episode specials if you haven't (and if you want a proper ending); they're basically the last 1/4 of the story. Alternatively, I hear the manga is pretty good.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I've heard that's Happy Sugar Life in a nutshell.

Spoiler
TEEHEEEFUCKINGTEEHEE

are you threatening my happy sugar lifwe?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Hanebado:...Goku might not be the worst parent in anime after all.

I'm pretty sure I know at least 1 or 2 that would easily beat Goku in a "Worst parent" contest. And also another one that has kinda-but-not-quite-yet made it into anime.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Oh, sure. But Goku's the gold standard when it comes to wtf parenting in 'mainstream' anime. I'd say Ging and Kiritsugu are worse, and there's no coincidence they're both voiced by go-to seiyuu for dick-dads, Koyama Rikiya.

To be fair, Kiritsugu didn't really have a choice there. He was kicked out as far as I know.
I think a certain Shou Tucker would beat both of them easily.

And then the one I was refering to earlier...
The sovereign of dawn, Bondrewd the novel from Made in Abyss. Yeah, fuck that guy. Heck, he's one of the VERY few people in any kind of entertainment media whose actions actually made me sick (as in, made me feel nauseous). And he WILL get his time in the spotlight. Probably a large part of the 2nd season will be about him. I REALLY wonder how they wanna make that whole part tame enough for a tv broadcast. Just about everything that series has thrown at us is NOTHING compared to what is yet to come.
Note to self: anime is full of shitty parents. Or dead ones. Or a combination.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Nanatsu no Taizai or Magical Index next?

Somewhat difficult one to answer... but I heard that index is gonna get continued this fall, so catching up on that one would be worth it. You should also throw in railgun then while you're at it.

Or go Nanatsu no Taizai if you're more into fantasy. Both are good choices with pretty amazing fights/action scenes.
True, Nanatsu no Taizai has its fair share of fanservice. A lot more than the Toaro series for sure. It's still a really great show though.

Ever since bones got mentioned a bit ago, I've once again got a craving of something similar to Eureka Seven. The MAL recommendations eventually brought me to a series called "Fractale" (since I watched quite a number of the other recommendations already). So far it's a bit weird and I don't know where it'll go yet, bit I guess I'll keep watching.
There's a shitstorm atm on overlord fansites about the latest episode and overall this season quality of animation. Everyone saying how they will buy light novel after this and not bluray and dvd releases. My guess is that mission is accomplished, series will bolster LN sales lol, but not in expected way.

Well, guess I have to see the bad to know good.
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info