:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Uuuuuuuhhh boy, I just found out there's a new madoka magica series announced for 2019! I'm kinda hyped already, from what I heard it'll be REALLY interesting :D
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I saw a few previews for upcoming shows in fall season... I gotta say, I'm pretty excited for some of them. In particular, Goblin Slayer and the Slime isekai one (I just can't be assed to put the full name here). From what I can see in the previews, both seem to be pretty well made, but we can't really be sure about that just yet. I'm kinda scared about the latter one, the source material is quite nice, but isekai anime traditionally have a high chance of turning to utter shit if not handled carefully.

Also trigger once again got an original series (or even two it seems, but there's almost no information on the second one, except for director and I think script writer)... I'm not convinced. Let's just hope it'll turn out better than that other show they made that... turned out less than ideal.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Oh wow, S:G0 just surpassed the VN ten times over. What a perfect episode.

Once I saw you mentioning it here, I refrained from vommenting about it first to prevent me from spoiling anything by accident. I'm sadly quite good at that.
And while I haven't played the VN (likely never will), it was pretty damn fantastic in and on itself. It was damn amazing.

El. Psy. Congroo.
Okay that episode just made up for everything I was bitching about a few episodes ago.

STEINS;GATE IS THE GOAT.
In other news, I decided to give Asobi a go and ended up binging it. Fucking hilarious - don't be fooled by the cover art folks, this gives Grand Blue a run for it's money in the comedy department this season.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Vommenting. LOL. Just saw that. Kudos to you.

Wow... just how fucking tired was I when I wrote that comment... that's one hell of a typo right there.
I'm not gonna correct it though. It fits quite nicely with the amount of text I tend to put into a single comment. AND the frequency at which I tend to do that.
I managed to get one of the big ones off my backlog, or rather list of "series-I-started-but-have-not-yet-finished-watching", Katanagatari.

spoiler (if this isn't one, then I don't know what would count as spoiler)
That ending got me good. It didn't make me feel all that sad, but it made me hate the characters responsible for Togame's death (to me a proof that, while they were awful people, they were good characters).
Also, it was EXTREMELY satisfying to see the 13th blade, Kyotou Yasuri without any restrictions whatsoever. It showed quite nicely why he struggled so much during his previous fights. After all, telling someone to use a technique but in a way that contradicts it's purpose usually ends in failure.

I feel like I didn't get nearly as much out of this series as I could if I had some general knowledge about japanese history. Still, an amazing show.

I'm gonna get some lighter stuff now. Though a pure comedy wouldn't fit imo... I'll have to look for something I want to watch now. IM gonna edit in later what I ended up with.

Edit: Well, didn't take me too long. Still had this one on the same list that I also had Katanagatari on... ReLIFE. I heard it's good. Should be less heavy. I hope.
Last edited by FCK42 on Sep 13, 2018, 6:45:10 PM
^Relife is an excellent choice, it's a good show.

And katanagatari is amazing, that ending makes it all fit. It caught me by surprise but in a very "damn fine set-up and writing" kind of way.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
since she keeps looking at me and saying, 'Four fucking hundred episodes of Naruto. Four. Hundred...'...I'm not the subtlest of guys but I think she's trying to tell me something.

Eh, you might be reading too much into it :P

Enjoying ReLIFE so far, seems pretty good. I will try to work on this season's backlog after that... let's just hope that Asobi Asobase is the type of comedy that I can handle binging.
There's no need to doubt you about the quality of it and Starlight Revue, so I think I'll force myself through them if I have to (which I hope not to be the case).
It's just that some shows are giving me a much harder time to immerse myself than others. Oddly enough it's often the ones considered to be easier to get into that tend give me a hard time. And, well, comedy in general for whatever messed up reason. Sometimes I wish I knew why my brain works the way it does... probably some complicated biochemical reasons with maybe some physics and philosophy sprinkled in for good measure.
I'm still going strong on ReLIFE... but it's a lot heavier than I first suspected, a LOT more drama than it appeared to be at first. I reallyy have a talent for picking shows that look much more harmless than they actually are... maybe I'll rewatch a bit of madoka magica to cheer me up after this one :P

Well, a more serious (or less serious? It's confusing in this context) option to cheer me up would be a rewatch of Flying Witch or Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou. Speaking of... I don't recall you having ever said anything here about either of those, charan... then again, I wouldn't be surprised if I just didn't read or remember it. Remembering things really isn't something I'm all that good at. Like... at all. Especially when it comes to names.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info