Multiple Projectile Voidbearers

you seem to be very aware of my many posts, Jsn006 - but I suggest you actually READ some of them occasionally.
though I understand it's much easier for you to just attack me and my playing style/skills personally, then say which of my claims you agree/disagree with, and why.

let us begin, shall we:

For the love of all things holy, is there a SINGLE post where you dont complain about how badly designed the monsters are?
read the post above yours.

After so many posts, havent you figured out a counter to each of these 'hard' monster mechanics yet? Don't you enjoy a challenge every once in a while?
yes I did. doing quite well actually, both in HC and SC. thanks for asking :)
and not once did I say I have a problem with the game being hard. I have a problem with the method used to make it hard: cheap "damage through the roof on a single attack". "hard" and "fun" don't contradict. I played the hell out of the Median Mod for D2. it kicked my ass and I loved every minute. I played the hell out of Torchlight 2 in Elite and HC Elite. same.

monsters that attack for 50 physical damage and attack at a 0.2 attacks / second rate in merciless? Will that make you happy?
no. see above. numbers have nothing to do with it. amount of different attacks and how monsters use them (AI) - does.

If they had 2 attacks, you would just be whining twice as hard
maybe. because I want 3+, not 2.

What do you define as good AI? Monsters that kite you and annoy the living shite out of you? Have you played diablo1? Do you want succubi AI? God forbid ... there is no place for that shit in an arpg.
really? D1 isn't an ARPG then. man I'm sorry but you're full of it. and for the record, I loved the Succubi and Teleporting Warlocks.
good AI? play TL2. or f***ing read my posts describing what I think "good AI" means. or do both.

He likes vaal though ... easy boss, go figure. He calls it a well designed boss. Yeah, because his attacks are telegraphed a 1000 years before and its thus sooooo easy to avoid them...
sure he's easy. so please go ahead and solo him in Hardcore/Onslaught

thinking about it, I really shouldn't have bothered writing this reply. you won't read it anyway and will just keep on attacking me with that "scrub why u not quit?" attitude.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
My melee character with Tempsest shield= they kill themselves on me while healing me :D. gz Aegis aurora.
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?
"
johnKeys wrote:
personally, I have two "Beta feedback battles" I'd like to "win" before release day:

(1) the "battle" to limit RNG's dominating stranglehold on the game - putting it in it's place, and making the game more ARPG and less "MMO farm-and-trade simulator".

(2) the "battle" to make mob and boss difficulty a function of AI and multiple ways to "surprise" the player, rather than a dumb gear check (which only adds to the dominance of RNG and trade).

I'd likely "lose" both, but meh.

And this is why we have discussions... differing opinions etc.

Regarding your 2 above "battles"..

1. I like the RNG is this game. I do believe improvements could be made (specifically with things like wand/dagger rolls and some other examples) but i would NEVER change the RNG aspects of either socketing or Linking. Absolutely no-go as far as im concerned. I would change RNG in terms of drops though, and maybe crafting to an extent but nothing major on that front. Your description was funny to me. This is an "ARPG farm-and-trade" game, which is exactly what it should be.

2. Well, I cant argue. Everyone and his dog should always be hoping for better AI but so long as it doesnt stand in the way of waves upon waves of mobs drowning you. I would far rather a group of 20 mobs chase me down, than 6 mobs with unique AI running after me. But thats because this is a ARPG and its my preference.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Zanixx wrote:

And this is why we have discussions... differing opinions etc.

Regarding your 2 above "battles"..

1. I like the RNG is this game. I do believe improvements could be made (specifically with things like wand/dagger rolls and some other examples) but i would NEVER change the RNG aspects of either socketing or Linking. Absolutely no-go as far as im concerned. I would change RNG in terms of drops though, and maybe crafting to an extent but nothing major on that front. Your description was funny to me. This is an "ARPG farm-and-trade" game, which is exactly what it should be.

2. Well, I cant argue. Everyone and his dog should always be hoping for better AI but so long as it doesnt stand in the way of waves upon waves of mobs drowning you. I would far rather a group of 20 mobs chase me down, than 6 mobs with unique AI running after me. But thats because this is a ARPG and its my preference.

1. well, I actually though about it in another way: have both RNG and lesser/no-RNG ways to get things done. the latter should be entirely player-skill based instead of luck-based.
it adds depth to the game, making it even more addictive. adds a layer of risk/reward.
RNG is an important aspect of ARPG, but GGG took it too far.
(try saying the above sentence 10 times fast lol).
the key point I'm trying to make here, is trade in an ARPG (as opposed to an MMO) is not a necessity. you can trade if you want, but no one is forcing you to do it. and consequently, there is no need to ruin anything in the game for the sake of balancing "the economy". f**k the economy.

2. good AI =/= less mobs. sure, it is easier to have less mobs when you designed them to synergise and support each other - but that's a "lazy" solution. a good algorithm should handle a 20-mob pack almost as well as it does a 6-mob pack.
truth be told, I don't really expect GGG to do this in this game. I do however, expect them to do it in Path Of Exile 2.
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 16, 2013, 9:56:43 AM
There isnt ANY problem at all getting 2 rubyflasks and the whole thread is a waste of time then!
Dear Johnny

Alchemists dont really have any special AI besides 'lol throw bombs in group phalanx formation derp', they barely ever run for cover and let me whack them in the face till they are dead or explode (explosion has nothing to do with AI btw), and its REALLY ironic you use them as an example of not-too-much-damage but interesting-mechanic mob, because you stand for 1-2 seconds in their poison cloud and you're close to dead. (Im ok with it, just saying your example is flawed)

and not once did I say I have a problem with the game being hard. I have a problem with the method used to make it hard: cheap "damage through the roof on a single attack". "hard" and "fun" don't contradict. I played the hell out of the Median Mod for D2. it kicked my ass and I loved every minute. I played the hell out of Torchlight 2 in Elite and HC Elite. same.

Invariably connected, you are essentially saying the same thing. The game is too hard for you because you are used to faceroll mechanic games. The devs always stated (and I am so tired of repeating this) that this game is not suited for casuals and its full of 'wtf just happened to my health bar' moments. A lot of hc arpg fans love that. And the fact there is an easy counter to everything in the game, just not every build has it - is awesome. Spell block making fun of -res shrine piety / crematorium for example. Did i mention dual boss too? Armor stacking with regen and enfeeble making kole hit for <500 hp? Ezzzzzzzz

no. see above. numbers have nothing to do with it. amount of different attacks and how monsters use them (AI) - does.

Same old same old. You want AI play an rts or maybe a tactical fps, lol. I will bet my kidneys if all the mobs in the game had succubus from diablo 1 AI you would STILL CRY about that and how frustrating it is to kite them 24/7 as a friggin melee, because I know you just want to whine.

If they had 2 attacks, you would just be whining twice as hard.

3x the whining then!

really? D1 isn't an ARPG then. man I'm sorry but you're full of it. and for the record, I loved the Succubi and Teleporting Warlocks.
good AI? play TL2. or f***ing read my posts describing what I think "good AI" means. or do both.

Hey stop swearing at me, or I will report you. Very rude of you.

Succubi and Mages were the worst monsters in an arpg ever, there is no place for them in an arpg. It could take you 10 minutes to clear a small pack of them in a room as a warrior in d1. Meanwhile, mage and rogue were like 'no fucks were given that day'. Every mob has to be a swarmer to a full or some extent. Same with diablo 2, uniques with the teleport mod would tele and heal 24/7 upon release (if you played d2 vanilla you would know exactly how stupidly hard and frustrating it was to take down the sewer bat quest boss, because it was beyond any of your skill as a player) and that was quickly fixed. These 'mechanics' dont belong in arpg.

Whats so hard about vaal? Its easier on hc because you are by nature building tankier. By now if you havent figured out how to yawnfight your way through vaal, it means you havent been paying attention. His smash - telegraphed a year before in the mail. His laser - cant one shot you, ever. Unless you have 0 resist and 800 life / es. All you have to do, if you take first hit, IF you take it, is just run around in circles till its over. His falling rocks? On hc you wont feel them that much at all, again unless you are building a glass cannon or shitty sporker there, lol. They barely even tickle my tank, I just stand there eating them while endurance crying or IC'ing his smash. But anyway, im a boring tank mara, not everyone plays my build, and thats another story.

thinking about it, I really shouldn't have bothered writing this reply. you won't read it anyway and will just keep on attacking me with that "scrub why u not quit?" attitude.

Im glad you replied. I never called you a scrub or told you to quit, btw.
"
jsn006 wrote:
Spoiler
Dear Johnny

Alchemists dont really have any special AI besides 'lol throw bombs in group phalanx formation derp', they barely ever run for cover and let me whack them in the face till they are dead or explode (explosion has nothing to do with AI btw), and its REALLY ironic you use them as an example of not-too-much-damage but interesting-mechanic mob, because you stand for 1-2 seconds in their poison cloud and you're close to dead. (Im ok with it, just saying your example is flawed)

Invariably connected, you are essentially saying the same thing. The game is too hard for you because you are used to faceroll mechanic games. The devs always stated (and I am so tired of repeating this) that this game is not suited for casuals and its full of 'wtf just happened to my health bar' moments. A lot of hc arpg fans love that. And the fact there is an easy counter to everything in the game, just not every build has it - is awesome. Spell block making fun of -res shrine piety / crematorium for example. Did i mention dual boss too? Armor stacking with regen and enfeeble making kole hit for <500 hp? Ezzzzzzzz

Same old same old. You want AI play an rts or maybe a tactical fps, lol. I will bet my kidneys if all the mobs in the game had succubus from diablo 1 AI you would STILL CRY about that and how frustrating it is to kite them 24/7 as a friggin melee, because I know you just want to whine.

If they had 2 attacks, you would just be whining twice as hard.

3x the whining then!

Hey stop swearing at me, or I will report you. Very rude of you.

Succubi and Mages were the worst monsters in an arpg ever, there is no place for them in an arpg. It could take you 10 minutes to clear a small pack of them in a room as a warrior in d1. Meanwhile, mage and rogue were like 'no fucks were given that day'. Every mob has to be a swarmer to a full or some extent. Same with diablo 2, uniques with the teleport mod would tele and heal 24/7 upon release (if you played d2 vanilla you would know exactly how stupidly hard and frustrating it was to take down the sewer bat quest boss, because it was beyond any of your skill as a player) and that was quickly fixed. These 'mechanics' dont belong in arpg.

Whats so hard about vaal? Its easier on hc because you are by nature building tankier. By now if you havent figured out how to yawnfight your way through vaal, it means you havent been paying attention. His smash - telegraphed a year before in the mail. His laser - cant one shot you, ever. Unless you have 0 resist and 800 life / es. All you have to do, if you take first hit, IF you take it, is just run around in circles till its over. His falling rocks? On hc you wont feel them that much at all, again unless you are building a glass cannon or shitty sporker there, lol. They barely even tickle my tank, I just stand there eating them while endurance crying or IC'ing his smash. But anyway, im a boring tank mara, not everyone plays my build, and thats another story.

Im glad you replied. I never called you a scrub or told you to quit, btw.

I just read in another thread about the most efficient "weapon" in forum posting: understanding but deliberately ignoring the point of the person you are arguing with, and picking on minor details in his post just to piss him off.
it's "the next generation" in trolling, and you seem to be very good at it.

but not good enough.
what "blew your cover" was replying "you are used to face-roll games" when I mentioned Median XL and HC Torchlight 2 on Elite Difficulty.
good trolls would just ignore (not reply to) that obvious "troll trap" - so improve 'yer trolling, young one.

I won't be replying to you any more. I won't be repeating myself and explaining again because you clearly did understand me, although you try very hard not to show it.
not worth my time really.
this argument is over. consider yourself "the winner".
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 17, 2013, 5:14:17 AM
Oh look its johnny's usual backup card 'I have nothing intelligent to say, so I'm gonna pass you off as a troll and I wont be replying to you anymore herp derp'

Because you know, a troll bothers to give a detailed reply in separate comprehensions like I did.

I think you're the troll and im the idiot who took the bait, because everytime I want to debate this with you, you just run away from the argument by calling me a troll.

Whatever, I have honestly no idea why you still play this game if the enemies are so bad and the pvm so uninspiring. Every post of yours ... 'loathe sucks, crem boss sucks, piety sucks, hybrid widow sucks, kole sucks, voidbearers suck, titty bitches suck, MORE VAAL'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_MO_sX-AOQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgxU7NNzLdc
Last edited by jsn006 on Aug 17, 2013, 5:18:08 AM
"
jsn006 wrote:

videos are impressive, and I'd really like to see the build and gear of these. although I have a strong feeling I'd never be able to obtain said gear.
for the record though, people exploiting the mechanics will always be the most powerful ones - but that's not how the game is meant to be played.
I once saw a video of a guy one-shotting the final campaign boss in Torchlight 2. same thing.

"I exploited to have a shitload of auras, instant ES regen and the best gear, so I can just face-tank all of Piety's forms and take Megaera Firestorms and Vaal Slams like candy" isn't how it's meant to be played.
still, very impressive nonetheless.

rest of your claims are irrelevant.
"
jsn006 wrote:
Oh look its johnny's usual backup card 'I have nothing intelligent to say, so I'm gonna pass you off as a troll and I wont be replying to you anymore herp derp'

Because you know, a troll bothers to give a detailed reply in separate comprehensions like I did.

I think you're the troll and im the idiot who took the bait, because everytime I want to debate this with you, you just run away from the argument by calling me a troll.

Whatever, I have honestly no idea why you still play this game if the enemies are so bad and the pvm so uninspiring. Every post of yours ... 'loathe sucks, crem boss sucks, piety sucks, hybrid widow sucks, kole sucks, voidbearers suck, titty bitches suck, MORE VAAL'

Sorry, but two videos prove nothing of worth. Shield-melee is the easiest no-brain melee build out there. I rather uninstall the game than play a shield-melee.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info