Multiple Projectile Voidbearers

Another example of why bosses are considered OP when they aren't, and why devs shouldnt balance around glass cannons.

Take this video and go to the 3:27 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hemrNv3iqw

Look at Oak doing 1700-1800 damage per hit ... 3x in a row, leaving the cheesy glass cannon siphoner down to 1xx es from 5400es.

Now, do you see what I see? Enfeeble... no. Endurance charges ... no. Grace, determination ... no. Has granite but baddie doesnt even press it. Armor? None at all I am pretty sure, since casters rely on granites and IR+grace, which this guy didnt put to use. Block? Shield is some crappy 20%ish chance one.

That is the kind of player who would be on the forums crying about how op loathe and kole and hybrid weaver are, while investing NOTHING into defensives.

What if he had enfeebled and granited him and used IR and 3 endurance charges?

1800 x 0.65 = 1170 (enfeeble),
lets say 10k armor - easy from granite and IR, 10000 / 24040 = 41.5% reduction + 12% from charges =
0.465 x 1170 = 544 damage taken ... a whopping 65-70% reduction overall.

How much would I get hit for if I used my 50k armor tank with 6 endurance charges, assuming I get hit that is, with 70+% block? And on top of that 7%+ life regen, 4k life, life leech?

1170 vs 50 k armor (with granite) brings this to 50000 / 64040 = 78% reduction + 24% reduction from charges = 95% cap reached = 0.05 x 1170 = 58 damage taken lol ... if all bosses were like oak, I might as well throw away my block, leech and regen, but alas, this wasnt a crit and there were no boss damage / monster damage mods on top of that.

See what I am getting at here? You dont need to be a tank marauder to have some defensive edge in this game, but playing like a total glass cannon and then complaining 'lol boss damage sux' is just lame and your own undoing.

"the trap", Ancalagon3000, was more of a test to see if you can read and understand the meaning of text, and the message the writer is trying to get across.
you failed. miserably. despite me stating the point directly more than once.
you either didn't "get it", or just chose to ignore it, because you had tons of petty stuff to harass me about like a true basement troll.
if your aim was to get me angry - which I'm sure it was - you sure as hell did.

"
lol that pos is your mara right? is that merciless difficulty? i could get more hp than that without putting half a thought into it. yeah you enfeebled and tc'd a curse immune rare.

you can. I didn't. and I'm fine with that. glass-cannon? no. not a cannon, and not really glass. but you seem to think anything less tanky than your mega-aura-stacking shield-wielding beast is a "glass cannon".
Enfeebled a curse-immune rare? sure. I also use a Granite and Amethyst Flask to counter Piety's lightning attacks. why? because you think everyone but yourself is a Fing idiot, when you really should be looking in the mirror, and learning not to read text a** backwards.
I meant the tools I typically use as part of a strategy for a given situation. Flasks. Charges. Curses. learn to read 1.

"
You seem to have big problems with titty bitches and voidbearers, you had made topics crying your eyes out about them. Do I need to fetch them?

I made a post long ago about the combination of Whipping and Tentacle Miscreations being OP. and no, it wasn't "crying my eyes out" - it was feedback. learn to read 2.
a lot of time passed since then, and not much HP has been added to this character's pool. and yet I figured out strategies to overcome both, given good enough sync and no lags.
any mistakes I made in my own custom build, I either fixed myself (occasionally with the help of friends), or learned to work around them.

this is really getting on my nerves to be honest, so instead of going through all of your trolling - I'll just skip to the important part of your post. the only valid one:

"
Spoiler
The monster design isnt bad, the monster design is actually perfect for an arpg. I have never seen such a good mix of anti melee and anti caster mobs in the game, in any map or level at any given time. D2 and D3 fail in this comparison, most areas seemed to have an overly just anti melee or just anti ranged mob packs grouping. I don't remember their monsters doing anything else besides using mostly 1 attack, spamming it and swarming the player whenever and wherever they could. And some of those attacks were insane too. Game was able to be solo'd anyways. (remember beetles? gloams? tomb vipers poison tail attack? Nihlathak CE?) You seem to want rts / turn based arpg elements in the adversaries, which just doesnt belong to this game.

D3 fails compared to Pong. let's not go there.
D2 is a great game, but look at the time of it's release. I'll repeat this for the 1000th time just for you: today, ARPG monsters and bosses can be a lot smarter than this. case in point - TL2. as one example out of many.
still, I cannot argue with your opinion that monster design is fine. it's an opinion. you have yours, and I have mine. but boldly saying good enemy AI doesn't belong in ARPG? that's where I need to send you off to play more games in the genre, and see otherwise.

P.S: the OP didn't ask for your advice either.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 19, 2013, 8:37:30 AM
Again, what trap? Stop acting like you're a harvard graduate in top grade social psychology. You showed me a screenshot and I asked you why would you ever use such a build?

"
johnKeys wrote:
you can. I didn't. and I'm fine with that. glass-cannon? no. not a cannon, and not really glass. but you seem to think anything less tanky than your mega-aura-stacking shield-wielding beast is a "glass cannon".
Enfeebled a curse-immune rare? sure. I also use a Granite and Amethyst Flask to counter Piety's lightning attacks. why? because you think everyone but yourself is a Fing idiot, when you really should be looking in the mirror, and learning not to read text a** backwards.
I meant the tools I typically use as part of a strategy for a given situation. Flasks. Charges. Curses. learn to read 1.

Sorry, but if its a glass cannon without the cannon then its absolutely worthless imo. The glass part is clearly there. 2hander without block since not staff and superrrr low hp. This is my opinion, dont get angry and rage at me. I havent directly insulted you once, just criticised your opinions on monsters and choice of builds and yet you have to throw all this rage at me which is kinda frustrating. Meanwhile you throw sentences at me like ''because you think everyone but yourself is a Fing idiot, when you really should be looking in the mirror, and learning not to read text a** backwards.'' ... why?

I told you already, I DONT mega stack auras (I use 3) or use soul taker or aegis aurora. Lets be clear on this once and for all.

"
johnKeys wrote:

I made a post long ago about the combination of Whipping and Tentacle Miscreations being OP. and no, it wasn't "crying my eyes out" - it was feedback. learn to read 2.
a lot of time passed since then, and not much HP has been added to this character's pool. and yet I figured out strategies to overcome both.

dude you were crying your eyes out - everyone was giving you suggestions and you were ignoring them or basically just going 'monster sucks, game sucks, none of that will help'. I remember clearly.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Aug 19, 2013, 8:46:49 AM
let's just cut the bullshit Ancalagon3000: when you are ready to get into a serious discussion on the topic of monster design in Path Of Exile - without insulting me, trolling me, pulling out "L2P"-type arguments when you have no idea of how I or anyone else plays, or thinking you are better than me, OP or any other player in the game - let me know.
until then, you will be ignored.

maybe I expect too much out of a General Discussion dweller, but maybe you are capable of smarter, more respectful behavior than what you have shown thus far.
I sure hope so.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I use saffels frame, tempest shield and the anvil amulet. Multi projectile voidbearers die in 1-2 seconds from the reflect. So easy.
"
johnKeys wrote:
let's just cut the bullshit Ancalagon3000: when you are ready to get into a serious discussion on the topic of monster design in Path Of Exile - without insulting me, trolling me, pulling out "L2P"-type arguments when you have no idea of how I or anyone else plays, or thinking you are better than me, OP or any other player in the game - let me know.
until then, you will be ignored.

maybe I expect too much out of a General Discussion dweller, but maybe you are capable of smarter, more respectful behavior than what you have shown thus far.
I sure hope so.

Once again, Im not trolling you

I didnt insult you, actually YOU insulted me (your fing idiot and a$$ backwards comments, remember?)

Where did I use the word l2p? kindly quote it

Why are you raging at me? is it another ploy to walk away from the argument?

'When I am ready to enter a serious discussion' ... we are in one!

"
Muldeh wrote:
I use saffels frame, tempest shield and the anvil amulet. Multi projectile voidbearers die in 1-2 seconds from the reflect. So easy.

havent tried the anvil yet ^^ its got 400 base armor, 40 life on block and 3 max block chance, gotta be sweet ^^

saffells is so cheap and you can keep it on swap, makes such short work of these dogs. Its even easier than using AA or bothering with enfeeble as far as 'setting up' goes, but you can still take some damage from the physical part, but since you block so much, its not really an issue.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Aug 19, 2013, 9:11:32 AM
"
doesnt matter, the mitigation works on a per hit basis

so if you can mitigate to 0 or very little with fire res / armor / AA a normal voidbearer, you can mitigate an LMP one with a 1000 attacks / second.

Obviuesly my sugestion of blanck point was for EVERY mob that has multi proj, rendering your example useles.

Fact : not all mobs have to "dedicate" to attack with multi proj
Fact : AA only blocks fire/physical damage
Fact : not all multi proj ranged units have only fire/physical damage
Fact : not all multi proj mobs have a medium to small range like voidbearers
Fact : melee takes 300% damage from every multi proj mob

Fact : a reply written after using 30 seconds of brainpower is usualy meaningless, and full of argumental flaws
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
People need to start using things like freeze mine beartrap frost wall minions conversion trap temp chains etc, these guys are easily countered if you use a dynamic bunch of skills or just get aegis aurora and spellblock and fall asleep infront of the cells boss, tempest shield and spell block also owns these guys

I have been playing a squishy crit archer with only 1600 es and 750 life at level 66 in maps and have had no problems with these guys, bear trap and frist wall then spam and kite 1 or 2 crits take care of them and my res are all below 30 atm lol
"
Boem wrote:
"
doesnt matter, the mitigation works on a per hit basis

so if you can mitigate to 0 or very little with fire res / armor / AA a normal voidbearer, you can mitigate an LMP one with a 1000 attacks / second.

Obviuesly my sugestion of blanck point was for EVERY mob that has multi proj, rendering your example useles.

Fact : not all mobs have to "dedicate" to attack with multi proj
Fact : AA only blocks fire/physical damage
Fact : not all multi proj ranged units have only fire/physical damage
Fact : not all multi proj mobs have a medium to small range like voidbearers

Fact : a reply written after using 30 seconds of brainpower is usualy meaningless, and full of argumental flaws

the topic is about voidbearers

blanck point? u mean point blank? l2spell, and point blank is currently +50% at close range, not -50%, so you want the opposite of it. either way its retarded as then ranged would be at a huge disadvantage. Leave it as it is, 100% at all range. Its not like we cant mitigate damage enough in this game.

The most dangerous lmp/gmp enemies are in fact fire / physi, titty bitches and voidbearers

melee takes 300% damage from every multi proj mob ---> again, in theory but not necessarily in practice. and i believe only spells shotgun, not attacks
"
Boem wrote:

wrong, only spells can shotgun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info