Multiple Projectile Voidbearers

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
jsn006 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_MO_sX-AOQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgxU7NNzLdc

videos are impressive, and I'd really like to see the build and gear of these. although I have a strong feeling I'd never be able to obtain said gear.
for the record though, people exploiting the mechanics will always be the most powerful ones - but that's not how the game is meant to be played.
I once saw a video of a guy one-shotting the final campaign boss in Torchlight 2. same thing.

"I exploited to have a shitload of auras, instant ES regen and the best gear, so I can just face-tank all of Piety's forms and take Megaera Firestorms and Vaal Slams like candy" isn't how it's meant to be played.
still, very impressive nonetheless.

What exploit? Cant you accept the fact that it is a build that works? You dont need AA for this to work. You need spell block (SOL is so cheap LOL), armor nodes, and stacked res / max res gear / flasks. Having AA is like the holy grail of it though. But even when he gets hits by piety's ice archer form, he takes 800-1200 dmg wheres other ppl would be 1 shot with 4k. AA has nothing to with that.

You will just never admit there is a counter to everything. Instead you prefer to go 'its the gear and I will never obtain it'. Like you just did now.

"
johnKeys wrote:
rest of your claims are irrelevant.

How so? Vaal is challenging? Alchemists are really well designed? I would like an intelligible answer instead of 'because I said so'

"
mazul wrote:
"
jsn006 wrote:
Oh look its johnny's usual backup card 'I have nothing intelligent to say, so I'm gonna pass you off as a troll and I wont be replying to you anymore herp derp'

Because you know, a troll bothers to give a detailed reply in separate comprehensions like I did.

I think you're the troll and im the idiot who took the bait, because everytime I want to debate this with you, you just run away from the argument by calling me a troll.

Whatever, I have honestly no idea why you still play this game if the enemies are so bad and the pvm so uninspiring. Every post of yours ... 'loathe sucks, crem boss sucks, piety sucks, hybrid widow sucks, kole sucks, voidbearers suck, titty bitches suck, MORE VAAL'

Sorry, but two videos prove nothing of worth. Shield-melee is the easiest no-brain melee build out there. I rather uninstall the game than play a shield-melee.

Videos dont prove nothing? lol its right in front of you to see /facepalm

I'd rather uninstall the game than play sporker or discharge. Does that make their strong points nonexistent or any less worthy of mention? What fail logic is that? Total ad absurdum

PS Still having difficulties at temple piety? looool
Last edited by jsn006 on Aug 17, 2013, 5:51:18 AM
"
jsn006 wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
(...)

videos are impressive, and I'd really like to see the build and gear of these. although I have a strong feeling I'd never be able to obtain said gear.
for the record though, people exploiting the mechanics will always be the most powerful ones - but that's not how the game is meant to be played.
I once saw a video of a guy one-shotting the final campaign boss in Torchlight 2. same thing.

"I exploited to have a shitload of auras, instant ES regen and the best gear, so I can just face-tank all of Piety's forms and take Megaera Firestorms and Vaal Slams like candy" isn't how it's meant to be played.
still, very impressive nonetheless.

What exploit? Cant you accept the fact that it is a build that works? You dont need AA for this to work. You need spell block (SOL is so cheap LOL), armor nodes, and stacked res / max res gear / flasks. Having AA is like the holy grail of it though. But even when he gets hits by piety's ice archer form, he takes 800-1200 dmg wheres other ppl would be 1 shot with 4k. AA has nothing to with that.

You will just never admit there is a counter to everything. Instead you prefer to go 'its the gear and I will never obtain it'. Like you just did now.

"
johnKeys wrote:
rest of your claims are irrelevant.

How so? Vaal is challenging? Alchemists are really well designed? I would like an intelligible answer instead of 'because I said so'

"
mazul wrote:
"
jsn006 wrote:
Oh look its johnny's usual backup card 'I have nothing intelligent to say, so I'm gonna pass you off as a troll and I wont be replying to you anymore herp derp'

Because you know, a troll bothers to give a detailed reply in separate comprehensions like I did.

I think you're the troll and im the idiot who took the bait, because everytime I want to debate this with you, you just run away from the argument by calling me a troll.

Whatever, I have honestly no idea why you still play this game if the enemies are so bad and the pvm so uninspiring. Every post of yours ... 'loathe sucks, crem boss sucks, piety sucks, hybrid widow sucks, kole sucks, voidbearers suck, titty bitches suck, MORE VAAL'

Sorry, but two videos prove nothing of worth. Shield-melee is the easiest no-brain melee build out there. I rather uninstall the game than play a shield-melee.

Videos dont prove nothing? lol its right in front of you to see /facepalm

I'd rather uninstall the game than play sporker or discharge. Does that make their strong points nonexistent or any less worthy of mention? What fail logic is that? Total ad absurdum

PS Still having difficulties at temple piety? looool

Melee should not be balanced around how shield meleers perform. So whatever a shield melee can do (which happens to be to faceroll all content in the game at a cost of some dps) it not interesting for me:P. (That's why I didn't say "prove nothing", but rather "prove nothing of worth")

Temple piety is easy of course (given that you as a non-shielder have good reflexes and use lightning pot :D), but all other bosses in that level range are far easier (including blacksmith), which makes temple piety overpowered. Two solutions appear: buff all other bosses, or nerf temple piety.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Aug 17, 2013, 5:58:49 AM
"
mazul wrote:
Temple piety is easy of course (given that you as a non-shielder have good reflexes and use lightning pot :D), but all other bosses in that level range are far easier (including blacksmith), which makes temple piety overpowered. Two solutions appear: buff all other bosses, or nerf temple piety.

i saw a thread of you crying your eyes out about her, now shes easy ? ... hypocrite :P :P

There is nothing op about temple piety, she has low hp and inferior damage to shrine piety and is on par with the other same map level map bosses. Nerfing her would be catering to your badly built toons that have trouble with her.
"
jsn006 wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

i saw a thread of you crying your eyes out about her, now shes easy ? ... hypocrite :P :P

There is nothing op about temple piety, she has low hp and inferior damage to shrine piety and is on par with the other same map level map bosses. Nerfing her would be catering to your badly built toons that have trouble with her.

I said that she is not balanced, not that the boss itself is not doable. I can "cry" my eyes out about imbalance as much as I want to. Just like I cried my eyes out when Kole was nerfed (I prefer his ground slam to be guaranteed 1-hit ko).

I repeat: buffing all other bosses in the level range is another way to go too. So evidently, it isn't about the difficulty per se, but rather the relative difficulty.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
@Jsn006
you are right.
no exploits there

except running like 7 (8?) auras including percentage ones, when I can barely run 3 (2 percentage).
and using that-unique-potion-I'll-never-get, which Inexium already proved can make you immune to everything except Chaos (and that can be "fixed" with CI).
and using a broken unique that makes you able to attack with that thousand-linked Double Strike despite having no mana.
and instant ES regen....

I can go on if you want, but you get the point.

and despite this and the fact the game isn't meant to be played like this "exploit-face-roll-fest", this disproves nothing of my claims.

maybe I did give you too much credit. maybe you really didn't understand the point.

AI can be both good (Vaal) or annoying (Lunaris\Shrine Piety). creatively-designed monsters can still be overpowered and annoying as hell (Alchemists, D1 Warlocks).
I have a problem with one/two-OP-attack-spammers like Voidbearers, and Snakes and Fidelitas (Loathe), and Blacksmith, and Brutus (Kole), and Merveil, and Megaera and the rest of the bunch - because they lack creativity. they lack good AI and a multitude of attacks. like portal-jumper Piety.
I F*ing hate portal-jumer Piety, but at least she has more than one or two ways to kill you, and she's almost equally annoying as melee and ranged.

games like Torchlight 2 proved that with today's technology, ARPG enemies can do more than just swarm you and/or spam you to death. they can team-up to take you down, with each doing it's part to "help" others. some non-bosses can still have a multitude of attacks to throw at you, and for bosses it's just a required feature.

I hope now I made my position on this clear.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 17, 2013, 6:29:51 AM
"
jsn006 wrote:

I like my build and all, and how it synergies well, but this screams "what the heck is this?" Rainbowstrides is not the issue (despite not having much a drawback, yes it does have one, but some will not care) nor Aegis Aurora (since I use Saffell's Frame alternating with my main shield). I even got a couple of Stone of Lazhwar sitting on my stashes. Soul Taker is the issue here.

The rest of the gears that I didn't mention from the video I saw just means that it is great.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 17, 2013, 6:47:46 AM
"
Are these really fair? Level 68, 3.4k health, 77% resists, died in half a second to a pack of these. No desync or lag, just dead before I could possibly react. Think I'm done here for a while...

These guys can be hard like a rock. There was a time when I felt exactly the same way than you do now. But then I improved my gear and my skilltree and today these mobs are just as easy as every other mob for my char. There are a few ways to handle them. The easiest way is to use high spell block (with saffels frame for example). Another way is high dps in combination with high lifeleech and high life regenaration. If you are able to get yourself an aegis aurora these mobs can't even kill you when they come in dozens as long as you have some spell block. The combination of spell block and tempest shield make them kill themself fast. The anvil is another good item to combine with spell block. Don't give up, there are many ways to handle these mobs.
Yes they are hard, but hey, at least one kind of mob shouldn't be easy for everyone!
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Soul Taker is the issue here.

Can you please tell me why I am speaking about helicopters, and you start talking about spiders?

That build has been around for aaaages before ST came out. He used to run blood magic gem in his 5/6 link. I am going to use cleave, and run a 4 link with cleave - multistrike - loh/life leech - blood magic. Why? Because you dont need a 6 link, its NOT an infernal blow/double strike build and its also not called 'soul taker' build. Any dps it might have is a luxury suited for the min maxers. He take a considerably long time to down those bosses compared to a discharge or spork build, and so what he can tank for 5 mins he can tank for an entire year. Its a TANK build, and thats what we are discussing here. Why did you jump to speaking about his weapon / its dps output? If you cant afford AA, all you have to do is get SOL and saffells on swap. Which is what I am doing.

@johnny keys: This 'LOL AURAZ EXPLOITZ' nonsense has to stop. The maker of that video has informed me he is not even going to reserve anything else to life so he can use melee on full life gem and run just 2 or 3 auras on mana following the new patch. Oh no, its so impossible to run with all these AURAZ GLITCHEZZZ Again, all you need is purity grace and determination and those can be reserved to mana with RM gem and you can run a blood magic gem for your attack. When I wanted to show you how this build can tank everything in the game, I didnt expect you to pick on some nonsense about auras and soul takers.

Monsters and bosses need to be balanced around the 'tankiest case scenario' (lol sorry if it sounds cheesy), not around the glass cannons that are going to die to a bloody leaf rustling in the wind. Besides, a lot of people dont carry a counter to certain situations in their stash, because as I said, they expect a one button wonder faceroll game, which poe isnt.

Look, before Soul Taker axe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjfsy-Kc910

No AA, no soul taker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4c6XlzohcQ

Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Aug 18, 2013, 10:14:30 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:

people exploiting the mechanics will always be the most powerful ones - but that's not how the game is meant to be played.

this is exactly how the game is meant to be played
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Monsters and bosses need to be balanced around the 'tankiest case scenario' (lol sorry if it sounds cheesy), not around the glass cannons that are going to die to a bloody leaf rustling in the wind. Besides, a lot of people dont carry a counter to certain situations in their stash, because as I said, they expect a one button wonder faceroll game, which poe isnt.

so, no one-button face-rolls right? players have to adapt to each individual situation?

*looks at build in the video, where character can face-tank anything in the game by only clicking right mouse-button*

right.....

balanced around tankiest? good idea! let's one-shot everybody who didn't build like in the above example.
because if you can't eat Vaal Slams/Megaera FS/Shrine Piety GMP Lightning spheres like candy, that makes you a puny glass cannon.

but here's a serious answer: I wasn't talking about difficulty, but rather on the design methods used to achieve it.
you missed the point. completely.
in case you troll me without reading my posts first, I enjoy a good challenge - but not a cheesy one.

and stop with the "Johnny" crap.
my name is John Keys and I'm probably your father's age, or at least that of your much-older brother.

@fsg, using exploits is how it's meant to be played? really? it's not even a matter of opinion. just NO.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info