Multiple Projectile Voidbearers

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

Monsters and bosses need to be balanced around the 'tankiest case scenario' (lol sorry if it sounds cheesy), not around the glass cannons that are going to die to a bloody leaf rustling in the wind. Besides, a lot of people dont carry a counter to certain situations in their stash, because as I said, they expect a one button wonder faceroll game, which poe isnt.

so, no one-button face-rolls right? players have to adapt to each individual situation?

*looks at build in the video, where character can face-tank anything in the game by only clicking right mouse-button*

right.....

balanced around tankiest? good idea! let's one-shot everybody who didn't build like in the above example.
because if you can't eat Vaal Slams/Megaera FS/Shrine Piety GMP Lightning spheres like candy, that makes you a puny glass cannon.

but here's a serious answer: I wasn't talking about difficulty, but rather on the design methods used to achieve it.
you missed the point. completely.
in case you troll me without reading my posts first, I enjoy a good challenge - but not a cheesy one.

and stop with the "Johnny" crap.
my name is John Keys and I'm probably your father's age, or at least that of your much-older brother.

@fsg, using exploits is how it's meant to be played? really? it's not even a matter of opinion. just NO.

I'll stop calling you johnny if it offends you so much, lol

facetank =/= faceroll

And as usual, of course, I missed the point. Thankyou for an intelligent reply, as always, John.

All multiple projectile mobs should have blanck point aswell.
(= -50% damage at close range and 100% at a medium distance)

The fact that a multi proj mob deals 300% damage to melee just furtens the disbalance between range and melee and it serves no purpose.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Also a multi-proj mob deals 300% damage to any character it gets close enough to.

Obviuesly this was not ment specificly for void bearers but for all multi proj mobs (including full ranged mobs, also taking into consideration ranged characters can "down" a mob from a screen's distance...)

I almost thought u where BerMalBerIst2 just because you write such a comment.

Spoiler
Shame on you

Spoiler
furtens : a very intens messuring of distance in an international gaming forum comprising of both "far" and "intens" to transpire a sense of distance where there is in reality none.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
All multiple projectile mobs should have blanck point aswell.
(= -50% damage at close range and 100% at a medium distance)

The fact that a multi proj mob deals 300% damage to melee just furtens the disbalance between range and melee and it serves no purpose.

doesnt matter, the mitigation works on a per hit basis

so if you can mitigate to 0 or very little with fire res / armor / AA a normal voidbearer, you can mitigate an LMP one with a 1000 attacks / second.
Use Arctic Armor. Problem solved. I can just sit there and take no damage from the cells boss even in minus max maps.
Standard shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911509
"
Cookie_Puss wrote:
Use Arctic Armor. Problem solved. I can just sit there and take no damage from the cells boss even in minus max maps.

yeah AA really is that op vs voidbearers / titty bitches lol
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Cookie_Puss wrote:

I really like your tips guys.

sure, I'll use this:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Armour

with this:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_Magic

can I have a shield (Aegis/Safarell) with that for my 2h Marauder :D

lessons to learn:
1) giving tips to people you have no idea what their build is, is the epitome of stupidity.
2) being pretentious enough to "know better" than others is the epitome of arrogance.
3) saying "meh those are easy" only because your specific build deals with them - is both.

maybe I should just give-up and exploit the **** out of this game, to face-tank anything and face-roll everything? maybe Fsg's post about "exploits is how it's meant to be played" is correct?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Cookie_Puss wrote:

I really like your tips guys.

sure, I'll use this:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Armour

with this:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_Magic

can I have a shield (Aegis/Safarell) with that for my 2h Marauder :D

lessons to learn:
1) giving tips to people you have no idea what their build is, is the epitome of stupidity.
2) being pretentious enough to "know better" than others is the epitome of arrogance.
3) saying "meh those are easy" only because your specific build deals with them - is both.

maybe I should just give-up and exploit the **** out of this game, to face-tank anything and face-roll everything? maybe Fsg's post about "exploits is how it's meant to be played" is correct?

Why on earth did you take the blood magic keystone? You dont reserve any auras to mana? Wait, you dont use any auras like purity / determination as a melee and a marauder? Also, you can leap slam and avoid its moving cost, (AA), most of the time you are not moving as melee anyway, so you could use with blood magic yes. You dont need a max level one, and with some regen / leech, you can even pay for the mobile cost with hp.

And you know, there are also granites, endurance charges, ruby flasks and enfeeble.

If you have a 2hand marauder, all of a sudden your complaints seem to make sense. Then again, dont blame the game for choosing a class / build that is glass cannon by idea / design.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Aug 19, 2013, 3:24:53 AM
@ancalagon3000 you fell right into the trap I laid out.

this isn't about me. I have no special problems with Voidbearers.
it's about how bad monster design is in most parts of the game.
cheap, uninspired, and at times downright lazy methods to ramp-up the difficulty.

this guy?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pb8a7ql9g7rf90/screenshot-0001.png
dead half a minute after the screenshot was taken.

how - given my ridiculously low life - did I do it? skill. strategy. APRG experience.
also, yes: Granites, Endurance Charges, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains.

did I exploit anything in the game? no.
will I consider doing so after watching the videos you and Jsn posted? hell yes. because if there is a way to FACE TANK ANYTHING in the game casually clicking one button, then why the f**k do I bother with things like strategy and mouse/kb-reflexes?

what is the point I'm trying to make?
- don't think the game is perfectly balanced, only because your build works.
- don't give "advice" to people who didn't ask for any.
- respect other people's opinion. you might learn something. I know I do. every day.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 19, 2013, 4:22:39 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
@ancalagon3000 you fell right into the trap I laid out.

WTF are you, 2 years old?

"
johnKeys wrote:
this isn't about me. I have no special problems with Voidbearers.
it's about how bad monster design is in most parts of the game.
cheap, uninspired, and at times downright lazy methods to ramp-up the difficulty.

You seem to have big problems with titty bitches and voidbearers, you had made topics crying your eyes out about them. Do I need to fetch them?

The monster design isnt bad, the monster design is actually perfect for an arpg. I have never seen such a good mix of anti melee and anti caster mobs in the game, in any map or level at any given time. D2 and D3 fail in this comparison, most areas seemed to have an overly just anti melee or just anti ranged mob packs grouping. I don't remember their monsters doing anything else besides using mostly 1 attack, spamming it and swarming the player whenever and wherever they could. And some of those attacks were insane too. Game was able to be solo'd anyways. (remember beetles? gloams? tomb vipers poison tail attack? Nihlathak CE?) You seem to want rts / turn based arpg elements in the adversaries, which just doesnt belong to this game.

"
johnKeys wrote:

this guy?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pb8a7ql9g7rf90/screenshot-0001.png
dead half a minute after the screenshot was taken.

how - given my ridiculously low life - did I do it? skill. strategy. APRG experience.
also, yes: Granites, Endurance Charges, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains.

lol that pos is your mara right? is that merciless difficulty? i could get more hp than that without putting half a thought into it. yeah you enfeebled and tc'd a curse immune rare.

skill. strategy. APRG experience. --> its funny you want to sound all old, wisened and veteranish and then complain about monsters being too difficult when they really arent provided you dont go full retard glass cannon.

"
johnKeys wrote:

did I exploit anything in the game? no.
will I consider doing so after watching the videos you and Jsn posted? hell yes. because if there is a way to FACE TANK ANYTHING in the game casually clicking one button, then why the f**k do I bother with things like strategy and mouse/kb-reflexes?

maybe you built horribly? just saying, its you.

Stop your obsession with this LOL EXPLOITZ bs. Its just a way for you to try fetch a hole in the argument which just ISNT THERE

I dont need soul taker, AA, or 10 auras. Armor, life, resists, block I can get from passives and normal rare items. Saffells / SOL / Lioneyes / Rainbowstrides I can get for the price of 1/50 of a ST and AA. That is the bulk of the build. If min maxers want to turn it into a 20k dps fest using a 1000 auras and soul taker, good for them.

"
johnKeys wrote:

what is the point I'm trying to make?
- don't think the game is perfectly balanced, only because your build works.
- don't give "advice" to people who didn't ask for any.
- respect other people's opinion. you might learn something. I know I do. every day.

Who said the game is perfectly balanced? LOL. I wasnt trying to give advice to you, only to OP. I know giving advice to you is like beating a dead horse.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Aug 19, 2013, 5:03:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info