Multiple Projectile Voidbearers

"
LeHeup80 wrote:
This is where I chip in and repeat what I ALWAYS say...

Step 1) Hit and run, hit and run, even as a melee, if you run in a circle around them and pop a quicksilver you will outrun the damage from them turning to face you, or just run directly in the other direction to....

Stop 2) ALWAYS USE THE MOST POWERFULL SKILL IN THE GAME.....Decoy Totum ^^ link it with totum resistance support gem and you will have lots of prechous seconds to collect yourself from any engagement to subsequently win.

Yes im a melee mara, Heavy Strike and Groundslam :)

GL!!!

as a melee myself (Infernal Blow), I think hit-and-run and circle-running is the only viable strategy really. it's a function of MP Voidbearers or bosses like Kole being so cheap and so overpowered.
not saying melee should be able to downright face-tank such heavy-hitters, but it's ridiculous when my evasion bow Ranger can stand face to face with these things longer than my Marauder.
she has lower resistances and half as much life btw.

didn't really think about increasing Decoy Totem survivability like this, so thank you for the advice.

P.S: love the ring. awesome creation :)

"
fsg wrote:
we can shotgun with freeze pulse, its only fair that some mobs can shotgun us back

grab your shotgun and head to battle, then!
oh wait - the enemy has an army of guys armed with the exact same shotgun you use. they outnumber you like 1000:1. and some of them use a modified shotgun stronger than yours.
the game has a ton of cheap mechanics you can use, but they are a heck of a lot cheaper when used against you.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 15, 2013, 7:21:38 AM
One of the very few mobs, outside of maps, that does a massive amount of damage at an incredible speed. I'm really suprised there is so much talk of nerfs-needed and a 'lack of creativity' etc. Imo, the melee hammer guys in this area hit for WAY more but ofcourse it depends on your armr/resists.

Theres only 1 reason to go to docks, so stay away if you're not happy with these evil dogs. Personally, i see it as a gear check. nothing more, nothing less. I think I've died to dogs twice in docks ever and thats because i didnt approach with caution.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Zanixx wrote:
One of the very few mobs, outside of maps, that does a massive amount of damage at an incredible speed. I'm really suprised there is so much talk of nerfs-needed and a 'lack of creativity' etc. Imo, the melee hammer guys in this area hit for WAY more but ofcourse it depends on your armr/resists.

Theres only 1 reason to go to docks, so stay away if you're not happy with these evil dogs. Personally, i see it as a gear check. nothing more, nothing less. I think I've died to dogs twice in docks ever and thats because i didnt approach with caution.

lack of creativity = mobs that have one attack, and are programmed to just dumbly rush you the moment they see you, like in good old D2 days.
don't get me wrong, but D2 was long ago. TL2 proved "AI" today isn't a swearing word.
and when most bosses are the exact same thing only with harder hits and more life, you realise something is wrong. especially when GGG proved they can do a lot better (with Vaal Oversoul).

the inevitable way to increase difficulty and the "hardcore" aspect of the game given the above, is just push mobs' damage output through the roof, and Multiple Projectile Voidbearers are just one example.
not to mention - as always - being a lot more dangerous to us idiots who decided to play melee, than to ranged characters who can safely take them out given enough DPS.

there are strategies to take them out without dying - given good enough FPS and sync - but that doesn't make them even a bit less ridiculously overpowered.
and please don't get me started about gear checks.
the whole damn game is one giant Fing gear check.
"
LeHeup80 wrote:

Stop 2) ALWAYS USE THE MOST POWERFULL SKILL IN THE GAME.....Decoy Totum ^^ link it with totum resistance support gem and you will have lots of prechous seconds to collect yourself from any engagement to subsequently win.

Yes im a melee mara, Heavy Strike and Groundslam :)

GL!!!

You need Decoy Totem, as melee?....
My current main is a lvl 79, 17k dps cleaver and I've never once used Decoy Totem. So I'm gonna have to object to this "always use the most powerful skill in the game" bit.
Dogs are nothing, even in maps. They have the potential to be dangerous with fires additional projectiles , but that's when I circle and wait for a opportune moment to pounce with Leap Slam.
Multi-projectile voidbearers are bugged. Their projectiles have no spread and just stack on top of each other. So not only do they deal 3X more damage there is no visual clue that they are using multi-projectile.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
"
wrathmar wrote:
Multi-projectile voidbearers are bugged. Their projectiles have no spread and just stack on top of each other. So not only do they deal 3X more damage there is no visual clue that they are using multi-projectile.

i can tell the difference between a multi-proj voidbearer and a regular one by the look of the projectiles alone.

you can tell. the multi-proj one definitely has a denser appearance.
Arctic armor works wonders against voidbearers and tentacle bitches.

Even only using a level 8 aa lets me tank the torture chamber map boss for a few seconds with 79 fire res and 4k life.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Zanixx wrote:

lack of creativity = mobs that have one attack, and are programmed to just dumbly rush you the moment they see you, like in good old D2 days.
don't get me wrong, but D2 was long ago. TL2 proved "AI" today isn't a swearing word.
and when most bosses are the exact same thing only with harder hits and more life, you realise something is wrong. especially when GGG proved they can do a lot better (with Vaal Oversoul).

the inevitable way to increase difficulty and the "hardcore" aspect of the game given the above, is just push mobs' damage output through the roof, and Multiple Projectile Voidbearers are just one example.
not to mention - as always - being a lot more dangerous to us idiots who decided to play melee, than to ranged characters who can safely take them out given enough DPS.

there are strategies to take them out without dying - given good enough FPS and sync - but that doesn't make them even a bit less ridiculously overpowered.
and please don't get me started about gear checks.
the whole damn game is one giant Fing gear check.

Wow, my post sounded really "stop QQ" which wasnt my intention. Thanks for the reply.

The reason i mentioned about being surprised to hear "lack of creativity" is because I think the dogs arent a case of lacking anything. Sure, their damage can be incredible if you get LMP + crit + other crazy stuff but once geared/levelled sufficiently, ofcourse they become no problem. You said that Voidbearers are "just one example" of lacking creativity... im curious how many more mobs you think lack creativity and do just as much crazy damage(outside of maps)? I cant think of anything really, except snakes and tittie-bitches. My argument is that its ok for a strong mob-type to lack creativity sometimes, your argument seems to be that there are too many that lack creativity?

I should probably mention that i play melee characters too (although i like FP builds alot which is quite easy against dogs) and yes, sometimes i just either run away or i reroll docks. That isnt a sign that something is wrong with the mobs, thats the fact my character cannot deal with them comfortably yet - i play HC so 'risking' death is not cool lol.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Last edited by Zanixx on Aug 15, 2013, 12:19:22 PM
It's easier for me to write down the mobs that have creativity, than the rest who don't, Zanixx.

for example, the mobs I hate the most in the game - Alchemists - are pretty creative and with above-zero AI.
they will plant bombs on the ground to limit your movement, run for cover when you get too close, and can explode in your face upon death.
crazy OP, evil anti-melee, downright sinister design - but still extremely creative on GGG's part.

personally, I have two "Beta feedback battles" I'd like to "win" before release day:

(1) the "battle" to limit RNG's dominating stranglehold on the game - putting it in it's place, and making the game more ARPG and less "MMO farm-and-trade simulator".

(2) the "battle" to make mob and boss difficulty a function of AI and multiple ways to "surprise" the player, rather than a dumb gear check (which only adds to the dominance of RNG and trade).

I'd likely "lose" both, but meh.
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 15, 2013, 12:57:14 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Sayyid wrote:

The problem is this: my computer can play 99% of the game without losing any frames. But the voidbearer's attack animation isn't just projectile-spam. It's a CPU-destroyer.

The way it generally worked was: See the first one, run out of its range while chugging fire resist and hunkering down. It shoots (missing), which causes some lag, and during that lag a second one runs into range and starts attacking -- which causes so many dropped frames I can't fight. "RESURRECT" appears.

completely agree. especially if there are also some archer ghosts present, who start to fire Ice Shots at you at the same time. absolute worst-rendered projectiles in the game.
when Piety's Ice Form appears, it is my screen that freezes solid.
and the same applies to the ****ing Alchemists: screen-freezer projectiles with Chaos Damage. just perfect. they'll also throw those DOT bombs so you'll die faster while you can't move.

but regardless of the soon-to-be-fixed technicalities, MP Voidbearers are unfair. you can't expect every build to have Arctic Armour or have a spare socket to put it in, without ruining the existing skill set. and you can't expect that AA gem to be of high enough level to counter these dogs on Merciless or maps.

once again, the answer to lags, badly designed overpowered monsters, damage spikes and everything is "stack a ****load of life/ES".
patch 0.11 didn't fix anything. it only made things worse now that it's twice as hard to get ~4k life, and you can't get elemental resistances past 77% without Purity or flasks.

For the love of all things holy, is there a SINGLE post where you dont complain about how badly designed the monsters are? Why dont you just quit, seriously? After so many posts, havent you figured out a counter to each of these 'hard' monster mechanics yet? Don't you enjoy a challenge every once in a while? What do you want, monsters that attack for 50 physical damage and attack at a 0.2 attacks / second rate in merciless? Will that make you happy?

"
johnKeys wrote:
you should really meet the Unique Voidbearer map boss then.
dead in 5 seconds unless your resists are at truly ridiculous levels (see Inexium's 103 thread).

I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it again: when your monsters/bosses lack good AI and you lack the creativity to give most of them more than 1-2 attacks, the only way to make them "hardcore" is make them 1-shot the **** out of you.

If they had 2 attacks, you would just be whining twice as hard.
What do you define as good AI? Monsters that kite you and annoy the living shite out of you? Have you played diablo1? Do you want succubi AI? God forbid ... there is no place for that shit in an arpg.

Its an arpg, you want monsters to run at you and swarm you and just bash you with their main attack. This isnt an rts or turn based rpg...

"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
you should really meet the Unique Voidbearer map boss then.
dead in 5 seconds unless your resists are at truly ridiculous levels (see Inexium's 103 thread).

I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it again: when your monsters/bosses lack good AI and you lack the creativity to give most of them more than 1-2 attacks, the only way to make them "hardcore" is make them 1-shot the **** out of you.

Are you SERIOUSLY complaining about the cells boss? Seriously? When the crematorium boss exists?

He complains about EVERY boss LOL ... crem, shrine, loathe, weaver ... EVERY boss.

He likes vaal though ... easy boss, go figure. He calls it a well designed boss. Yeah, because his attacks are telegraphed a 1000 years before and its thus sooooo easy to avoid them...
Last edited by jsn006 on Aug 16, 2013, 7:01:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info