Multiple Projectile Voidbearers

Had a few problems with voidbearers for a while. Then I figured out some counters, got a lot more cautious in the docks, and was off to the races again.

Then I met the devil spawned multiple projectile version.

The problem is this: my computer can play 99% of the game without losing any frames. But the voidbearer's attack animation isn't just projectile-spam. It's a CPU-destroyer.

The way it generally worked was: See the first one, run out of its range while chugging fire resist and hunkering down. It shoots (missing), which causes some lag, and during that lag a second one runs into range and starts attacking -- which causes so many dropped frames I can't fight. "RESURRECT" appears.

I stopped playing hardcore because of those. All I can do in softcore when I see multishot devil-toads is log out and re-instance. You can't fight a mob whose attack strikes your computer itself and kills your UI for just long enough to kill your character.

These things seem to be deliberately designed to weed out people who don't have the absolute most up-to-date-est computer, and mock them for trying to play hardcore.
My mara(80 fr & fire potion) can stand in a pack of like 5 3-head hellhounds, but falls rather quickly if they have haste aura on them(either provided by champion ghosts aside or a champion hound amongst them). Better to quit and regen map.
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Voidbearers have multiple hard counters available. You have to be playing pretty poorly not to have access to at least one of those counters when youre running a zone where voidbearers always spawn.
IGN: KoTao
"
Sayyid wrote:
Had a few problems with voidbearers for a while. Then I figured out some counters, got a lot more cautious in the docks, and was off to the races again.

Then I met the devil spawned multiple projectile version.

The problem is this: my computer can play 99% of the game without losing any frames. But the voidbearer's attack animation isn't just projectile-spam. It's a CPU-destroyer.

The way it generally worked was: See the first one, run out of its range while chugging fire resist and hunkering down. It shoots (missing), which causes some lag, and during that lag a second one runs into range and starts attacking -- which causes so many dropped frames I can't fight. "RESURRECT" appears.

I stopped playing hardcore because of those. All I can do in softcore when I see multishot devil-toads is log out and re-instance. You can't fight a mob whose attack strikes your computer itself and kills your UI for just long enough to kill your character.

These things seem to be deliberately designed to weed out people who don't have the absolute most up-to-date-est computer, and mock them for trying to play hardcore.

My comp is about 5 years old, seems to run everything just fine. Even with all the extra dust installed, side missing and fan that somegimes doesnt work.But hey I guess we all need something to complain about ;)
Stay out of the shadows
"
Are these really fair? Level 68, 3.4k health, 77% resists, died in half a second to a pack of these. No desync or lag, just dead before I could possibly react. Think I'm done here for a while...

You got to level 68 before you realized what voidbearers do ?
"
Poprocker wrote:
My comp is about 5 years old, seems to run everything just fine. Even with all the extra dust installed, side missing and fan that somegimes doesnt work.But hey I guess we all need something to complain about ;)

I play from a three year old laptop with not-too-shabby specs. Work-related purchase, so I didn't have an option to go with anything but on-board graphics, but it's got a beast processor that normally makes up for it. The result is that there are only two things I've come across so far that it can't handle: (1) too much poison arrow crazy AOE clouds cause moderate missed frames, and (2) multi-shot voidbearers melt the processor while they melt my character.
My girlfriend runs a GMP Ice Spear Summoner, it took 5 LMP Voidbearers + Full compliment of summons + Several Ice spears per second to make my machine start losing noticeable frames.

Now the sewers with 3+ Alchemists, (one a LMP Rare) plus the woman's creations, and spears running full speed made my GPU melt. But only for a couple of seconds. I think the particle loads are killing our systems.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Are these really fair? Level 68, 3.4k health, 77% resists, died in half a second to a pack of these. No desync or lag, just dead before I could possibly react. Think I'm done here for a while...

Im 67, 1,5K HP, 78 Resist All.
I can kill them.

Granite Flask - Frostbite - Leap Slam (Hatred Aura) - Spam Splash Glacial Hammer

There are other mobs that will Faceroll me.

If you want to Faceroll PoE.. you're gonna have a bad time, its designed to prevent that.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
The only thing you need to know to beat multiple projectile voidbearers
Treat one of them as if it's three of them. If you saw nine Voidbearers coming at you, would you charge straight at them? I thought not.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Aug 15, 2013, 1:29:02 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The only thing you need to know to beat multiple projectile voidbearers
Treat one of them as if it's three of them. If you saw nine Voidbearers coming at you, would you charge straight at them? I thought not.

i do with lvl 15 arctic armor on =o tbh lvl 11 is more than enough for most of them(aside from maps) but if u get a haste one ur gonna need a secondary tactic.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Aug 15, 2013, 3:11:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info