Multiple Projectile Voidbearers

"
Sayyid wrote:

The problem is this: my computer can play 99% of the game without losing any frames. But the voidbearer's attack animation isn't just projectile-spam. It's a CPU-destroyer.

The way it generally worked was: See the first one, run out of its range while chugging fire resist and hunkering down. It shoots (missing), which causes some lag, and during that lag a second one runs into range and starts attacking -- which causes so many dropped frames I can't fight. "RESURRECT" appears.

completely agree. especially if there are also some archer ghosts present, who start to fire Ice Shots at you at the same time. absolute worst-rendered projectiles in the game.
when Piety's Ice Form appears, it is my screen that freezes solid.
and the same applies to the ****ing Alchemists: screen-freezer projectiles with Chaos Damage. just perfect. they'll also throw those DOT bombs so you'll die faster while you can't move.

but regardless of the soon-to-be-fixed technicalities, MP Voidbearers are unfair. you can't expect every build to have Arctic Armour or have a spare socket to put it in, without ruining the existing skill set. and you can't expect that AA gem to be of high enough level to counter these dogs on Merciless or maps.

once again, the answer to lags, badly designed overpowered monsters, damage spikes and everything is "stack a ****load of life/ES".
patch 0.11 didn't fix anything. it only made things worse now that it's twice as hard to get ~4k life, and you can't get elemental resistances past 77% without Purity or flasks.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 15, 2013, 3:36:01 AM
As others have said, the counter to voidbearers is arctic armor. Simple.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

dont get me wrong i hate voidbears but they are ok to deal with
AA needs a huge manareg or manapool most melee builds wont have either of those
decoy totem dies so fast thats not even worth casting it (often it tkaes nearly as much time casting it than it lasts)

what seems kinda strange to me is,that lmp/gmp projectiles normally split up atleast a bit as soon as they leave melee range
voidbears projectiles NEVER!!! do that
Enfeeble is your friend! You will still take damage, but at least you will not die instantly if you happen to have 75+ fire res and a good amount if life/ES regen on top of that as well.

Otherwise, fight em one at a time.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

People saying they are getting one shot... not possible since the flamethrower is lots of small attacks, which is why Artic Armour works so well.
"
Slider13 wrote:
+ spell block and laugh.

That's basically it, stand still using Tempest Shield and go make coffee or something, meanwhile you have been healed by Voidbearers and there's only voidbearer corpses on your screen, in maps, any mods, doesnt matter, they just heal.
Last edited by Juhazzz on Aug 15, 2013, 4:08:44 AM
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

dont get me wrong i hate voidbears but they are ok to deal with
AA needs a huge manareg or manapool most melee builds wont have either of those
decoy totem dies so fast thats not even worth casting it (often it tkaes nearly as much time casting it than it lasts)

what seems kinda strange to me is,that lmp/gmp projectiles normally split up atleast a bit as soon as they leave melee range
voidbears projectiles NEVER!!! do that

79% fire resist + level 7 Arctic Armor is enough to deal with merciless dogs.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
we can shotgun with freeze pulse, its only fair that some mobs can shotgun us back
your own fault for not looking at the mods. you had plenty of time to react as soon as they came onto your screen. you choose not to react.

if you can read, you can live against any multi proj voidbears. never ripped to one yet.
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"
This is where I chip in and repeat what I ALWAYS say...

Step 1) Hit and run, hit and run, even as a melee, if you run in a circle around them and pop a quicksilver you will outrun the damage from them turning to face you, or just run directly in the other direction to....

Stop 2) ALWAYS USE THE MOST POWERFULL SKILL IN THE GAME.....Decoy Totum ^^ link it with totum resistance support gem and you will have lots of prechous seconds to collect yourself from any engagement to subsequently win.

Yes im a melee mara, Heavy Strike and Groundslam :)

GL!!!
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info