The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

Well, last night I switched from the hammer to Facebreaker with Abyssus ... and suddenly my meager 6k dps was 17.5k without even optimizing it... plus its got a shield now. Just missing the leap slam, that is really fun about this build. A little harder to sustain the endurance charges.
Hello
I try to go with this build generally copy it and so far not so bad:
I'm currently 52 lvl and just started 3rd act cruel I make solo everything so far.
However I begin struggle now a bit at 1st mini boss in quest for Tolmans - boss you don't kill yet and have to try it several times.
I think I struggle with mana pool 288 only and life 1890 (I think not so bad - I have some live in armor), so if I want to use aura - determination my mana pool is 115 only :(
I use determination as I don't have other auras yet and want to increase survivability.
I think to remove some mana passive and use it for blood magic?
I don't know what to do now and don't want to just try...
Any advise?
Last edited by woytas on Nov 12, 2013, 5:51:08 PM
"
woytas wrote:
Hello
I try to go with this build generally copy it and so far not so bad:
I'm currently 52 lvl and just started 3rd act cruel I make solo everything so far.
However I begin struggle now a bit at 1st mini boss in quest for Tolmans - boss you don't kill yet and have to try it several times.
I think I struggle with mana pool 288 only and life 1890 (I think not so bad - I have some live in armor), so if I want to use aura - determination my mana pool is 115 only :(
I use determination as I don't have other auras yet and want to increase survivability.
I think to remove some mana passive and use it for blood magic?
I don't know what to do now and don't want to just try...
Any advise?

Yeah. Blood Magic Until 70
Hi ZiggyD,

I really love this build but as you probably already know 1.0.1 killed Cast when Damage Taken gems. Is there any thing we need to know? How will this build change as a result? I'm so surprised to know how much I relied on the CwDT gems. At level 80 (and with pretty shoddy gear I should add ...) I died 5 times on the way to Piety. Piety was an easy fight but I find it's very easy to get very quickly overwhelmed with pack of mobs we once had a great time with.

Can you offer an advise? Should we bite the bullet and level those CwDT gems? I only have 3.2k life so I know it'll get pretty damned dicey but I think it might be better than not using it.

"
Jayaa wrote:
Hi ZiggyD,

I really love this build but as you probably already know 1.0.1 killed Cast when Damage Taken gems. Is there any thing we need to know? How will this build change as a result? I'm so surprised to know how much I relied on the CwDT gems. At level 80 (and with pretty shoddy gear I should add ...) I died 5 times on the way to Piety. Piety was an easy fight but I find it's very easy to get very quickly overwhelmed with pack of mobs we once had a great time with.

Can you offer an advise? Should we bite the bullet and level those CwDT gems? I only have 3.2k life so I know it'll get pretty damned dicey but I think it might be better than not using it.

The CoDT needed the nerf and it's a fair one at that. Purity on the other hand, was a little to much.

Could have one lvl 1-4 or whatever with aura(s)
I replace one "Cast on damge taken" gem for Determination. Two Auras (Determination, Hatred) with "Mana Reduce" gem is ok.
level 1 Cast when Damage taken + level 5 Enduring Cry + level 7 Molten Shell.

Charges are still easy to keep up with Mark and Leap stun, the armor is what hurts.
This build is absolutely fantastic!
Great job!

My first time playing this game got me to level 71 with alot of fun.

But now they nerfed Cast when Damage Taken and I am still to noob to know what to do now.
I tried to solo my Piety run again but I died when the first rare mob hit me.

Previously I would stomp every enemy ( even exiles ) without any problem, but now I cannot do anything anymore.

Can you please update your build as soon as possible,

Greetings,

A beginner.
What shakka said. Just put a low level enduring cry to the Codt. Works just as well since this is more for keeping and adding charges. Immortality and molten shell are kinda broke though because they suck a low level. Could try a high level Codt with immortality.
"
Teutonne wrote:
What shakka said. Just put a low level enduring cry to the Codt. Works just as well since this is more for keeping and adding charges. Immortality and molten shell are kinda broke though because they suck a low level. Could try a high level Codt with immortality.

Actually I figured out a way that makes Immortal Call still work well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info