[2.0.4]PewPewPews Official Flicker Strike build!

Rlly nice work.

Ill try to use this, but just 51 lvl.

For now i use this

And this buld

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABToFfQW1DPIOSBGWFfAWvxfYGdceGiT9JpUoKjBUNj02Qj7PTGBRR1VLVupW9V76YeJte3BScNV944Svh9uIa4w2jb-T_JfQmVedo6XLpzSoGq7PtMW1SLk-vebAUcXM0DnVANtu44TnVOd06f7rjvPq-WP8q_-T

Why i dont use Melee Splash, bcs really lose a lot of damage.

Mana Leach, have some problems ((

At 53 lvl i can use 6L armor with Weapon Elemental DMG oooor mb Wepon Melee Damage... dont no really for now (

Mb y can help me ))
After id ripped my Flicker Duelist in Nemesis, I made a 2h Flicker-Scion with Acrobatics.
I choose Scion beacause more access to LifeReg.

I play hardcore solo selffound and don't have any of the good items or Multistrike.
Buts it works up to Lvl 62 now.

tree in progress:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwFLQW1CGcY2xv6IWAl3zBxMHwxnjWSOkI7KD7PQKBHfkp9SshLeE2STeNRR1b6W69gS2EhZU1noGh0bmluqnRBdO108XfXeA16738rguSE2YTvh2qHdojxiq-NfY2_kBGUoKQZplepbqp_qrirxaxZtfK95r6Kvqe-vMAPxqLSTdQj1orYTdpi3Q3dqOLq-ej8xf6P

My Goal is something like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAB2E2UoNpiaHT56L68guSQEYqvSsg1kv6PTeOmVzGerFmI8aQZG_ol34TZZU1HfqvFvYGZK25pvqfSTcAPh2phIYTvdO1672BLBS1AoJ653Q38xWegh3ZKfVb6dEF3138r1oowfE2SUUequKp_jX2NvwW11CPdqMaiMHFLeDpC52M64fJF_gq18qlueA2-igHcW68Y23TxIWBuqj7PveYM8qXLLIVaGtBHiiLA83z1wKarC3LDzAaQbKmUypAa2abP

For hard mobs and bosses I use HaevyStrike (because the Knockback is very useful when surrounded) or Spectral Throw
I don't know if its possible to play maps with this char but I'll try.

"
Oldmancrost wrote:

Mb y can help me ))

We'll see :)
First off, you're going for a crit flicker strike, which is fine, but completely different from the one I am doing. As far as I understood the crit builds, it's all about about killing one mob with as high damage possible, so going with multi instead of splash might be better for your build.

You need way more life though.. Also, if you can pitch in a Powercharge of crit, you can get an easy 3(4)charges, which allows you to drop few of the crit chance nodes, and get some more life(or ES, if you're going CI)

As for your question: Give it a try when you hit 53. See what deals more damage. If I see your tree, I'd say pure phys, but if you have a lot of ele damage, WED might be better for the moment.

@Falke: If you get your hands on a clood dance, life regen won't be a problem at all. Since you are playing selffound, getting one is hard. But when you do, I'd remove the life regen nodes near the scion, and get some more life for it.
Speaking about life, I would recommend picking up the 2 life/damage nodes near Reaver, and the 2 12% nodes to the left of it(and while you're at it, maybe blood drinker as well?). You will pick up stun duration among the way, but since you are using a 2 hander, stun duration might actually help you out a bit(While we're on the subject, endurance charge on stun might be an option btw).

Lemme know how it turns out :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
this is the reason why. Check it's stats:

"
(100 to 140)% increased Physical Damage
Adds 10–20 Physical Damage
(20 to 25)% increased Attack Speed
+(20 to 25)% to Cold Resistance
Insufficient Mana doesn't prevent your Melee Attacks
Your Physical Damage can Chill

So even if I have no mana, I can still use flicker strike. Just not something else :)

If you dont got Soul taker is clarity good for fast mana reg to keep using flicker?

EDIT: i am also going for your build but i have been improvise some cause i got mana problems
Last edited by Tobbe127 on Nov 2, 2013, 7:28:01 AM
No way. If you don't have a soultaker, I recommend going with the Blood magic gem instead(Swap out added fire damage). If you really don't want to go blood magic, you need mana on kill. Soul Siphon is a few steps away from the build, a total of 25 mana/kill. If you combine that with mana leech, you might be able to sustain it.

There is no way you can regen it with mana regen for a simple reason. If you have the same Attacks/second as I have, you attack 16.7 times a second. We can divide it by 3 since we use multistrike, so about 5 attacks a second.

Flicker Strike: 14 mana
Multistrike: 180%
Melee Physical damage: 140%
Faster attacks: 115%
Melee Splash: 160%

so... a flicker strike will cost around 64 mana to cast. That times 5 is over 300 mana a second.

No way in hell you're ever going to support that with mana regen :D

So blood magic gem, or mana on kill+ Mana leech are my suggestions :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
hey, im also trying your build atm on nemesis. as tobbe said in lower levels you have like zero mana and very little int so you cant use most of the claws, i had to bypass that with an int amu. speaking of no mana, you have to use blood magic to use flicker strike which makes it pretty risky to use (hc) since you lose a lot of life, even more when using blood rage - you cant compensate that with life regen in low levels- i thought of using warlords mark to compensate the lack of life regen druing leveling?

i just think this build is extremly gear depended. why do you say soul taker is the least important. after playing a bit i think its the most important because you can swap your blood magic with an offensive support which boosts your damage and your survivability at the same time...

this build isnt half as fun as it could be when you dont have blood dance and soul taker i guess. will try to get to level 35 for the unique dagger and 44 for the boots to see if its a bit smootehr then. but thx for sharing your build anyways (:
Last edited by paleface on Nov 3, 2013, 10:41:55 AM
Thanks Appels_Zijn_Gezond for the tip with the Reaver-Node, didn't see that in the new tree.

I reached level 74 and got Multistrike as Quest Reward (very nice), but it feels some kind of out of control, have to be careful to not flicker into death.
I don't know if this is a good build for hardcore...

And my pupils flicker after playing, its hard to read text, is there any way to avoid brain damage, this can't be very healthy.
Even though I only died to me doing stupid things, I'm not sure if this build is the best build to do on hardcore. Also the reason why I state the soultaker as the least important: for standard/dominion the usage of life will barely ever kill you. Plus, now the new soultaker has a max dps of 205, instead of the 350+. Any decent one hander will give you more damage even with a blood magic gem socketed.

I still think you should be careful with the multistrike gem, maybe drop that one out while playing nemesis. I don't have to much experience playing HC, but control over your char will always stay important, and by removing multistrike, you will keep the control over your char. The flicker will be slower, but still fast enough to enjoy it imo :)

As for the eyes.. I heard more people complain about it. Especially those who watched my video's. For some reason, it never has been an issue for me. Maybe my eyes are already beyond repair, or maybe it's because I don't really look at my screen. I watch my HP bar, my buffs, amount of charges, overall monster life, location of the mobs, my map, etc.

Also, I'm using an LED screen, maybe that helps as well.
I am a nice guy.
Been wasting the last 4 days of my life dedicating to this build and it has payed off I am 70 and melt everything on the screen :) approved
BEST GAME EVER
After leveling a 2 handed flicker strike scion i decided to try that one, i missed the block from dual wield so i found it was perfect.

Currently lvl 53, however so far it's not as effective overall as the 2 handed version. I find the higher attack speed a lot of fun, however it also means the frenzy charges are consumed much faster. Even with 6 frenzy charges right now and good weapons i run out of charges whenever i hit some blue mobs or bosses, the fast speed also makes for a much higher cost to keep flickering around the map.

That said, i'm worried on the survivability side as well. My main issue with the 2 handed version was heavy hitters, like brutus/kole, blacksmith map boss, etc... i hoped this build would do better but it's pretty much the same, while the block helps, i spend more than half the fight spaming frenzy and trying to get some charges up, leaving me more vulnerable in the process.

Either way i'm still trying to figure out the best way to go, while both builds are fun, they still have some issues of their own... trying random stuff, what about acrobatics ? The build alrady brings us up there so, why not taking it for the dodge and spell dodge bonus ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info