[2.0.4]PewPewPews Official Flicker Strike build!

Desync and attack speed are not connected directly. As far as I know, it's mostly stuns that desync a lot. And you stun a mob when you hit him for more then 10% of hit max HP a hit. Since you deal so many little hits, you stun less, thus desync less. At least, that is how it feels for me anyways.

If you have any 3 slot left for your cyclone, just Cyclone + BM + Lifesteal/LGOH should be fine :) You can see in my vids how I use it to finish of those few mobs, to keep my charges up high. Not a must, but it helps a lot though :)

Quill rain on second hand is a good one. Might try that one myself ;P
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
Maybe it is in your case. I just feel that you need the Bringer of Rain for that extra bit of damage. But perhaps the DPS will be enough due to the crits alone.

Have you seen this build >> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287
A really popular build for shadow crit flicker strikers. You might want to get some help there, since that guy has way more experience on doing flicker strike on a shadower ;P

I see this build but i need then more currency and time to respec and new items.... and that was expensive ((
Lvl 68 now and doing much, much better. BoR + some new weapons and it's a whole new game, i'm at 10776 dps with only hatred and no frenzy charge, and 3100 hp. Stomping lvl 66 and 67 maps now.

As a side note i made this build on a Scion so it works well with it, though i'd say it needs more gear than the 2 handed version to achieve a good pace.

And the blind is handy for sure, but didn't work too well on Dominus at lvl 67, i died 3 times in there, mainly because i didn't have enough damage to one shot the totems and sustain my frenzy charges on them like i used to do on the 2 handed. That was before the new weapon so, i'll give it a try after the next lvl.
I took your build and made some modification on it !! for the gear i will stick to the BRINGER OF RAIN ( cuz i dont have money for a 6 Linnk and a Alhpa Howl )

MY GEAR RIGHT NOW
Spoiler
]

I had those 2 sword before and i had 20 k dps buffed and now with the 2X bloodseeker i lost 4-5 K DMG FULLY BUFFED but i gained 18 lifesteal so now im at 33% Lifesteal Unbuffed ( without warlord mark! )

My passive tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAA4cEsQUtBbUM8hIgFHUVIBXwFr8Y2xutHcohYCT9JpUotSjbKk0shSzpNJM2PTiWOu0-zz8nQKBHfkp9SshMYFFHVUtW-loaW69ei2BLYeJjcGVNZ6Bte25pcFJwcnRBdO108XrvguSE2Yd2h9uKr4w2jX2Nv5AKkBGT_JVmmSueuaXLqn-quKvFrs-vp7GztUi2QbcXvYG95r6nz_jTftUA3Q3f7-dU53Trju1B707veu_j8-r2o_lj_MU=

gonna go get the CLAW LIFESTEAL NODE SOON

i took a bit of crit and with 2 bloodseeker it work amazingly

I USE BLOOD MAGIC GEM A LOT !! since everything work fine !!! even in map 70+ !!!

SOrry for my bad english , i hope u enjoYED THIS BUILD !!!

HAVE A AMAZING DAY !!!!!!!!!!
Blind does not protect you against magic attacks(!). So the first form of Dominus is actually a very risky battle to fight, since the only protection we have is our HP and resistances. And those won't save us for long.

Check out the video I solo'd Dominus with(fight starts at 2 minutes). You can see how I run away from his lightning ghost attack. There is no way you can keep flicker striking. I tried that in the end, and almost died because of it. Same counts for Piety(Shrine/Temple). You need to know when she's about to fire one of the more devastating attacks, and just run away from them. Learning to kite will save you loads of times, especially if you want to stay alive for HC :)

@French: Happy you found your own way to do so :)
Even though, I would advice against the Carnage Heart, since you already get a huge amount of life steal from your weapons/blood rage. Losing 25% life is not worth the extra 7%! I think you will be better of getting a HP/Res amul, or maybe something with more attack speed/damage etc.

Thanks for sharing!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
I just tried on Dominus, much better ! The hardest part was to get started with the first wave of adds, then i could just flicker them all. During first phase i went all crazy on the flickering, and could keep up between mobs and totem with a little bit of kiting at some point. However he got some lucky shots and i died once when he was at 15% hp.

I think with better HP on gear and a few more levels he can be done easily. I simply rely on flicker to tp me all over the place between adds and totems, filling up my frenzy charges while he tries to catch up with his lightning. It works well unless the adds spawn in a bad way or he does the channeled lightning 3 times in a row. Pretty much like your video but instead of kiting the channeled lightning i keep flickering and heal up whatever hits me. I don't play HC anyway so, it's just fun like that xD

My current skill tree at lvl 69:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA4cEsQUtBbUM8hIgFSAa2xutIWAj9ipNLIUs6TGeNJM1kjY9OJY-zz8nQKBHfkp9SshMYE3jTipRR1PfVvpY21oaWkhbr16LYEth4mNwZU1noG5pbqpwcnTteu99dYLkhNmE74d2h9uKr42_kAqQEZVmmSubg565pcumV6Z_q8Wuz7GztUi18rZBtxe9gb3mvqe-vM_4037dDed0647tQe4O7-Pv8Plj_MX-j_66

By the way Carnage Heart is awesome for leveling, i used it until lvl 67, my damage was not enough to sustain Blood Rage + Blood Magic gem with only the Blood Rage life leech. And the 25% less hp is like 200-300hp during the leveling phase, it matters only for Piety or Dominus.
1-WHAT u GUYS THINK ABOUT CRIT BELT AND CRIT GLOVE ?

2-and btw IF SOMEONE HAS A NICE AMMY SO I CAN REPLACE MY CARNAGE i would be willing to pay ??

3-BTW i never used CURSE other than WARLORD MARKS !!! is it really worth it to get vulnerability ? or enfeeble ??

4-i have another question , is it hard to get RED RED RED RED in THOSE

5- for my potion is it better to get EVASION SUFFIX OR ARMOR SUFFIX ON GRANITE ? or keep them armor too

6-thx u guys !! HELP ME TO FINALIZE MY BUILD !!!! and check out my tree build if u see somehthing wrong PLZ tell me !!!!

7-( is it worth it to get the 3 CLAW NODE that give 4 lifesteal each ? )

8- WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THE SHIELD THAT GIVE LOTS OF SPELL BLOCK ?

9- COULD U GUYS CORRECT ME FOR MY GEM PLACEMENT ( so check my socket and gem in my last post where i posted my gear )

have a good day FLICKER CREW AND THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSER MY QUESTION !!

p.s.BTW i have 37 Lifesteal without blood rage ( 8 % ) and warlord ( 7 ) so i have 52 % lifesteal !!

so do u think it could be good that i switch those boots
and i get NICE BOOT WITH RES AND VAAL PACT NODE ????
Last edited by TheFrenchGuyz on Nov 6, 2013, 3:14:47 PM
Seems like you have a lot of questions to answer already Appels, but i'll add my own to the list, what about accuracy ? I noticed you don't have any accuracy on your gear (unless i missed it) and didn't talk about it, what's your hit chance ? Mine is 82 and while it seems awfully low (used to be 92% earlier in the leveling) i can't say for sure how it translates, i'm hitting too fast to notice anyway. Still, it seems like some potentiel wasted dps there, would it be worth it to focus a bit on accuracy through passives ?

It's the first time i'm making a build without resolute technique btw so, not used at all to the accuracy issues.

That said, thanks for the build already, it was frustrating in the 50s and i almost gave up, but it totally rocks with some gear at lvl 70+, having a lot of fun now !

Now time to chance every siege axe i find until i get a Soul Taker lol...
Last edited by Axylxys on Nov 7, 2013, 2:12:28 AM
good build
Last edited by freech on Nov 8, 2013, 12:48:22 AM
Hey i like your build but put a warning in OP for epileptics ><

Here is a 2 handed sword version i theory crafted for anyone who likes OP's build but cant afford a legacy soul taker

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecFLQW1Bu4M8hDwEuEUIBRxGlUa2yFgI_Yl3ymlLIUxnjGwMgk0NTWSNug64T7PQKBBqkd-Sn1KyE3jTipQR1FHVvpYr1oaWkhbr2BLYSFjF2SjZU1noGxGbmluqnJscql07XTxeA1673zZfPWE2YTvh2qHdojxiiKNfY2_kAqQbJdwmSueuZ_Lo-ely6ZXpzCpbqmUqn-quKvFrFmvorXytkG9gb3mvqfAD8CmwPPBB8v10k3UUtd-3Q3nD-dj6xTuDu_w9zL3vvjr-WP8xf6P

If you can get a 450+ dps 2 hander sword it would shred monsters apart with the added benefit of having bigger hits = more frenzy charges gained

If you want more defence you use a staff... 12 + 15 + 15 block = 42% staff block

duelist start or templar start
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecEfgUtBbUJlgzyEuEUIBRxFfAaVRrbIhsj9iXfJyAppTGeMgk1kjboOlg64T7PQapHfkouSn1KyE3jTipQR1FHVvpYr1oaWkhbr2BLYSFko2VNZ6Bqk2xGbmluqnJscql07XgNeu982Xz1hNmE74cZh2qHdojxiiKNfY2_kAqQbJkrn8uly6ZXpzCnpaluqZSqf6q4q8WsWayqtfK2QblDvYG95r6nwA_ApsDzxufSTdXt3Q3nY-sJ6xTtRO4O7_DyRfcy97746_lj_In8xf4K_o8=

And i bet it would still be as effective, you would need to use blood magic gem instead of added fire though, unless you had good mana leech and use purity + hatred, maybe it would work.

lmk what you think :)

edit: if your using blood rage, why not lose the blood dance boots and go life/tri res? or are you doing it solely for the regen to offset the degen from blood rage?
Last edited by DutchRudder on Nov 8, 2013, 5:21:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info