[2.0.4]PewPewPews Official Flicker Strike build!

Will try this build after i finish my ground slam marauder.
Bookmarked, looks fun :D
So if i didnt get the frenzy bandit boost am i fooked?
Thanks for the update :)

Whats your DPS with buffs? with and without 7 frenzy charges
Last edited by Stuuut on Oct 29, 2013, 5:43:38 AM
"
cwliias wrote:
So if i didnt get the frenzy bandit boost am i fooked?

Not really, but more frenzy charges means more damage. With 1 charge less, I lose approximate 1K DPS, which is neglectable since I have over 27K.

"
Stuuut wrote:
Thanks for the update :)

Whats your DPS with buffs? with and without 7 frenzy charges

27K with all charges up, down to 23K without any.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Tesselove on Feb 17, 2022, 9:00:44 AM
I'm about to make a new character based on flicker strike, I was wondering what are the pros and cons by going dual wield compared to going 2H? because I've seen many different variations for flicker strike builds
Torment IGN: ResThyWand
Shop Thread: 1143949
Just a couple questions...someone else mentioned it and I'm curious as well. Why dual wield instead of two hand?

Also, how did you level your character? There are a few branches to your passive tree and I don't know which ways should be prioritized and at what levels.
Why 2 1handers over a 2hander?
Why dual wield over 2handed?

Soul Taker.

Other then that..
- Higher attack speed, meaning thus higher movement. Most mobs can't touch me due to the high attack speed, before their attack even lands, I'm already 3 blocks away.
- Dual wield can block, which is particular helpful against hard hitters, the number one cause of deaths in most melee build. With the block, blind from the BoR, and the evasion, hard hitters, will have a hard time hitting you.
- You get both damage increase from one handed and dual wield nodes, keeping your dps high as well

A 2hander gets higher Damage on hit for sure, but will also be much, MUCH slower, which allows the mobs to hit you more often. Since you also miss the block chance from not having a shield, Heavy hitters, might be a problem here(same with vulnerability etc), even though you most likely get more health nodes from the tree if you're going with a 2-hander, evening the survivability out.

Basically this is another approach to flicker strike. Instead of trying to kill one mob with high damage, I weaken entire groups of mobs with each hit, eventually killing the entire group, granting me full stacks.
The high attack speed is just awesome, and very viable against single targets and groups :)

About leveling: I leveled this guy with cleave until I hit lvl 19. Then I got myself a melee splash gem, and went with FS + Melee Splash until the far 50's. I started using multistrike(and blood magic)on FS when I was doing merci ledge, since the mobs there were easy enough to do so, without having the risk of dying(wasn't wearing any good gear, so I lost quite the bit of HP when I started Flickering on HP).
I found two good weapons on my ledge runs, that brought me easily to 67, where I could equip my Bringer of Rain, on just a 4 link(Flicker strike + MultiStrike + Melee Splash + Blood Magic), though I suspect that if you get a blood dance as soon as you can, it will even be easier for you leveling up from 44 to 67 :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Oct 29, 2013, 8:49:01 PM
Thanks for the response! Makes sense, I'd gladly dual wield for those reasons. Mid 20s now, so glad the build already works! I hardly ever get hit and I'm using a wurms molt to get mana back.

Thankfully someone sold me a blood dance for a few fusings so that should help. Doubt I'll ever see a soul taker or a bringer of rain though... Oh well!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info