[1.1.1] Evantis's Permastun Build and Stun Compedium

Updated the build for 1.1.1 in the first post.

"
jtrand wrote:
Also, keep in mind, I'm using an axe, and I'm going crit. My dps fluctuates between 50-60k self buffed. I have about 80% reduced stun threshold.

Crit is fake DPS, you will surely have nice informations in character details, but I'm not sure if it could still be called permastunning, as there is a possibility for missing 2-3 hits in a row, and/or dealing non-crit hits which could not stun.

IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Mar 11, 2014, 7:29:27 AM
Is Saffell's frame worth it after the nerf? And should I be worried about starting this build before aquiring one? It doesn't seem all that necessary for the most part. Just good for some difficult spell dmg bosses it seems.

EDIT: Also what auras do you use in 1.1 now that purity doesn't seem that worth it? With a 4L should I be using Heavy Strike-Melee Splash-Added Fire-Blood Magic? or a different combo?
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
Last edited by mustafa2812 on Mar 11, 2014, 7:56:26 AM
Yes, for most gameplay high armour + life shield will be better. Rare one with resists, or Lioneye's Remorse if you manage to get resists somewhere else.

I would still use Saffell vs casting bosses, so you'd be able to get to them until you start permastunning.

About auras, I think Purity of Light+Cold and Hatred will be a good choice, but would require some reduced mana reservation.

I'm gonna use HS+MeleeSplash+AdedFireDamage+ECoMS with some mana leech items.
But GS+ConcEff+MeleePhysDmg+ECoMS seems to be not bad idea too.
IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Mar 11, 2014, 10:08:27 AM
"
Ground Slam + ECoS + Stun + Blood mana, and stun everything until 60+.

Can anyone tell me what is ECoS?
Hi,

I want to repec my Marauder into your build (lvl 76). I'm going with a 2 hand mace

Pretty pumped.

HOWEVER, when attempting to allocate my points, I realized I don't have nearly enough Dexterity in the tree to cover Faster Attacks or Blind. I also wanted to get Blood Rage and Alpha's Howl, but I guess this isn't going to happen.

When I look at your gear, I see no points in Dex at all. The only time you get Dex points in your tree is with Waterdancing (which I don't grab).

So with a base Dexterity of 14, How do you get the Dexterity to run BoR and Faster Attacks? I just don't understand. Help!

And I also don't understand how you're running 3 auras and still having 100 some to spare. This is why I originally wanted to include Alpha's Howl in the build.
Just a little question.
How can you run 4 auras?
Determination, Hatred, Purity, Tempest Shield?
60+60+40+25 = 185%
in order to reduce it to lets say 95% you need 50% Reduced mana reservation
level 20 reduced mana support gem:

185 * 0.71 = 131.35
131.35 * 0,76 = 99,826

-> you need about 24% reduced from passives or items, for example 8% from alpha's howl + the reduced mana reserved wheel in the tenmplar area (8+4+4)
"
jtrand wrote:
Here's my build: Gonna go for life nodes the rest of the way

Passive skill tree build

Also, keep in mind, I'm using an axe, and I'm going crit. My dps fluctuates between 50-60k self buffed. I have about 80% reduced stun threshold.

96% Max Life doesn't cut it in my eyes. Too much DPS focus
Casual AF
Well, I built my character.

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

Here's my tree:
I had to change a lot of things around in order to get enough Dexterity and Intelligence. Unfortunately, this made it so my Cold Resistance isn't capped (it's bitten me in the ass a couple times). I also had to change a few things in my tree to get more Dex.

Without any offensive auras, I'm still doing slightly more damage than with the 1-handed version. I also have a bit more armour from not using BoR. The only thing I skip out on is block, really. I've also been using Blood Rage for extra attack speed (so more dps), and it's been working out well. It's like running another aura that taxes your life regen rather than your mana.

I'm going to include a Cast When Damage Taken setup with Immortal Call and Increased Duration so that I can live through situations like Flicker mobs. This should help a ton. using up 7 endurance charges should give me over 6 seconds of immunity, which is more than enough to take control of a situation.

I'm not sure if I want to include a third aura (Anger, most likely), because the passive point investment it would cause would be so great. I'm wondering if the 94-156 damage increase will be better than me going to the Butchery node and eventually to Born to Fight. Will require some calculation. It would also force me to use Alpha's Howl, which would reduce my armour but max out my Cold res. Choices, choices...

Any advice?
Last edited by Obermeir on Mar 23, 2014, 3:08:52 PM
In the Ambush build at the beginning of your posting you could replace the +10 str node left of the (15% fire resistance) with (1% additional shield block + 40% increased block recovery) south of Aegis.

Not in the beginning since you want to reach RT fast, but later on using a respec point.

Thx for the nice guide, btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info