[1.1.1] Evantis's Permastun Build and Stun Compedium

I thought that weapon would be very suitable for a Glacial Hammer build, maybe even with the onehanded crit nodes, like:
click
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
hy!

nice build love this but ... how you take determination / HAste and Purity of ice on same time ?
my reduced mana is 18/20 and the aura are 18 but i can't put the three on !
Hey people iam currently playing a ground slam marauder (lvl 51) and my original plan was on going for willy wonkas 1 hand mace tank marauder. I have an 6 Linked Lightning Coil in my stash tab and i was wondering whether Bringer of Raind is more suited for the stun build or the 6 L Lightning Coil ? Would'nt it be better in my situation to use the 6 l ground slam wise with stun gem ? Greetz
IGN:ChuChuBunny
Been playing a perma stun marauder for a large portion of ambush and it's insanely good. The one major difference between my build and his is that I use a 2h. Currently I'm able to keep palace dominus on 95% lockdown in a 3-4 man party, he does get some attacks off every once in awhile but unless I miss click he never gets away. Double reflect maps are fine, just have to be cautious. Can do blood magic, just means I don't get to use hatred.

Currently level 89. Groundslam dps: 15,989, Heavy Strike: 22,759 (dps is with lv19 hatred)

Some notes about gear: Vitality is in there mainly for half regen maps, I also have a mana leach gem that replaces faster attacks on ground slam for them. I know the boots are pretty terrible but I just wanted chaos res close to zero, eventually they will be replaced when I get a ming's heart. Endurance charge on stun is probably one of the most vital gems, it provides so much mitigation and having immortal call on cwdt means I'm effectively immune to phys damage, all I die to is burst elemental or my own stupidity.

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQmWDjwS4RQgGJEZ6Ro4GlUhAiFVJd8nICcvLPsxnjIJNI41kjboOQ46Uj38QT9Cjkd-TeNQR1HmVw1YPVhjWK9Z818_YEthIWSjZU1nWGoebEZuaXJscql07XgNeu97jHzZgSuE2YTvhjuHKYdqiPGMz5BVkGyRzpSHmAqZK57Fns2fy6SsplenMKeEqBipbqlzqZSrxayqtC-18raku-28n72BvqfAD8AaxtjSIdJN2WHelt7B37LiQ-Of5FHkresJ7w7yL_ZI9zL3vvyJ_o8=

If you have any questions or want to help optimize my tree I'll be checking this thread every once in awhile or you can message me in game @ WhamBam_thankyaMam
Got some weird stun build idea. Will this work?

1. The build will be life+ES (I think I'll get to ~4000/2000 at least).
This should be quite tanky, even without the stun component.
I will use life leech for life, Zealot's Oath for ES (several life regen passives + 0.4 regen from up to 7 Endurance Charges).
I kind of simulate what Aegis Aurora does, but instead of using a lame overpowered unique, I try it with a skilltree-based approach.

2. The idea why I do this is to use the "Melee damage on full life gem" in the 6-Link.
I know Chaos damage will ruin this, but Chaos damage is a) rare and b) I think I don't care if I don't get this gem's benefits once in a while.

3. The Melee full gem should counteract the fact that I don't go for all stun treshold nodes.
I do ~50% more damage, this should help with stuns too, I guess...

Some of the Items I collected for this:
Spoiler

gotta 6-Link

Gems:

Heavy Strike + Melee phys + Melee full + faster attacks + stun + melee splash
Discipline + Determination + Reduced Mana + Vulnerability
CWDT + Enduring Cry + iAoE + ...
Leap Slam + faster attacks + ...

Build:
Click me (105 points)
I know I will have some trouble getting Int for Discipline and Dex for Faster Attacks, but I think I got that handled via gear.
I know I skip a lot of nice nodes. Especially shield block stuff. Oh well... ;)

Good thing: I can always swap "Stun" for a 20/20 multistrike gem if it doesn't work as intended... ;)

Would like some opinions on this.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Got some weird stun build idea. Will this work?

1. The build will be life+ES (I think I'll get to ~4000/2000 at least).
This should be quite tanky, even without the stun component.
I will use life leech for life, Zealot's Oath for ES (several life regen passives + 0.4 regen from up to 7 Endurance Charges).
I kind of simulate what Aegis Aurora does, but instead of using a lame overpowered unique, I try it with a skilltree-based approach.

2. The idea why I do this is to use the "Melee damage on full life gem" in the 6-Link.
I know Chaos damage will ruin this, but Chaos damage is a) rare and b) I think I don't care if I don't get this gem's benefits once in a while.

3. The Melee full gem should counteract the fact that I don't go for all stun treshold nodes.
I do ~50% more damage, this should help with stuns too, I guess...

Some of the Items I collected for this:
Spoiler

gotta 6-Link

Gems:

Heavy Strike + Melee phys + Melee full + faster attacks + stun + melee splash
Discipline + Determination + Reduced Mana + Vulnerability
CWDT + Enduring Cry + iAoE + ...
Leap Slam + faster attacks + ...

Build:
Click me (105 points)
I know I will have some trouble getting Int for Discipline and Dex for Faster Attacks, but I think I got that handled via gear.
I know I skip a lot of nice nodes. Especially shield block stuff. Oh well... ;)

Good thing: I can always swap "Stun" for a 20/20 multistrike gem if it doesn't work as intended... ;)

Would like some opinions on this.

as you said chaos dmg would be a problem.

and will the ES regen be enough? :/

i think you just cannot replace the aegis with this ...
Chaos Damage:
I lose a gem. That's about it.
If it's a map mod, swap for added fire, if it's some single monster: who cares.

I'm currently lvl69 with 3500 life, 10000 armor and 1700 ES and have all regen passives taken.
In Lunaris (which should be a level appropriate zone) I don't lose my ES, it's full most of time, if not, it regens pretty nice.
I know this is not Aegis Aurora, it is nowhere near, but I felt tempted to try a Life/ES build with Zealots Oath.

And btw, I can already stun Kole and Piety into oblivion.

I got the feeling that the stun passives would be wasted skillpoints, do I really need them?

Heavy Strike, the Stun Gem and the Mace Passives already provide like 100% reduction.
According to wiki, this is 87.5% effective stun treshold reduction, I need to hit for 1.25% of monsters HP to have an chance to stun, 6.25% to have a garantued stun.
I will take these 5 ugly mace nodes to get a bit more 100% stuns, but I really don't think it is a good idea to go to the "stun wheel" next to US.
add reduced mana for gem quality so you can run 60% (hatred) + 60% (determination) + 40% (purity) = 160% x 0.61 = 97.6% mana reserved with lv20 +20% reduced mana gem.
"
KazNaka wrote:
add reduced mana for gem quality so you can run 60% (hatred) + 60% (determination) + 40% (purity) = 160% x 0.61 = 97.6% mana reserved with lv20 +20% reduced mana gem.

Quality on Reduced Mana gives reduced Mana Cost (affects skills), not reduced Mana Reserved (affects Auras). So the quality will not affect auras. It's a small detail that I did not realize until after I bought a q20% gem and tried to do that myself.
Is the passive Master of the arena (which gives +2 weapon and unarmed range) really necessary?
I mean, is it good? because using heavy strike has a knockback and I don't know how this range affects the mechanic...
*COUGH COUGH*!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info