[1.1.1] Evantis's Permastun Build and Stun Compedium

"
Kirielis wrote:
Talk to me after the merger of anarchy with standard if you still need more map videos, and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you. I had a break but I'm back to polish and optimize this build even more. It's extremely fun to play.

"
Alientank wrote:
Is this a noob friendly build? I have barely played the game despite money put into it (time restrictions) and it looks a lot of fun, but just wondering still.

Yes I'd call it noob friendly. It does not require godly items, and instead of kiting (and taking damage) for getting endurance charges and praying that some badass mob/mobs will not oneshot you, you just... permastun him. The best part is AOE with melee splash, so you can permastun many mobs at the same time. Some experience is required of course, but you'd learn fast because this builds makes you able to make mistakes. It rather does not require "skill", well you just need to tell yourself sometimes that you're not immortal even if it looks like. About 80% of my little number of deaths are because getting too much self-confident.

"
VRShiva wrote:
Nice post, lets hope GGG doesn't see it :) haha

Stun was nerfed once and I don't think it will be nerfed again. It is not that hard to permastun magic/champions, but it requires a very good damage (especially minimum weapon damage) to some map bosses. I'm still working on permastunning some 74+ map bosses, it is not that obvious with some map affixes as it would look like. And of course, on maps "Enemies cannot be stunned" you're just a standard Heavy strike AOE Marauder (well, still good because of high damage and high block). Blood magic maps sux too, because you loose all auras which decreases your armour and damage (hatred aura) and can make not able to permastun some extremely healthy high lvl map bosses. So it is not that gamebreaking build, I think.

IGN @Ostropalca
Just finished watching you perma-stun Kole.

I am convinced that your Marauder does indeed, without a shadow of doubt, lift, bro.
This looks awesome. I can't wait to try it out. Will report back once I have something worth reporting.

Thanks for the write up and videos.
Happy Gaming!
Very nice build. Have you tried using Shield Charge?
No, but thank you for pointing it.
I'll try it soon and add some comments to the guide.
IGN @Ostropalca
Given the whole perma stun thing, why a 1h/shield and not a 2h?
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:
Given the whole perma stun thing, why a 1h/shield and not a 2h?

Build diversity.
IGN: Smegacore
1H for those moments you can't stun and a shield will save you. Really digging this build, breezed my way to act merc on onslaught. Loved perma stunning cruel kole.
Do you think it's possible to make a stun build using Ethereal Knives? (strongest per-hit spell)
This build is so out of the box, it's terrifying!

Thanks for the write up.. I'm enjoying the build so far. I haven't started to actually stun yet since I'm only 50 but I'm hoping to get started soon :)

For the maps that you've run so far, have you had any real difficulty with any type of map? I'm thinking about investing and making this toon into my primary farmer...

Thank you once again! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info