[1.1.1] Evantis's Permastun Build and Stun Compedium

Hey snakorek.

Evantis addresses your question in the original post.

Ground slam will work, wouldn't need to change the build at all. But ground slam gives 80% damage effectiveness compared to 150% from heavy strike (minus penalty from melee splash if you use that for mobs). So you will gain more aoe and be able to attack from further away, but you will lose some increased up close damage and won't be able to permastun some enemies/mobs that you could with heavy strike.

Basically same build, different playstyle and not really a high level map boss permastunner. The good thing is you can try it out without changing the build or gear one bit, just put ground slam in for heavy strike and see which one suits you better, or switch em as you see fit.
"
Snakorek wrote:
anyone tried to do similar build with ground slam instead of heavy strike? any results/conclusions?

I didn't get very far, but as a non-wealthy player with 1-handed I stuck to heavy strike. The dmg. it gave was needed to effect rares and bosses enough and the knockback was a surprisingly good thing. I have a Daressos salute ~ + 2 weapon range and the dualist + 2 to range. Often monsters would get knocked out of their melee range and still stay within my range and in enclosed areas it seemed to ad to the recoverytime when monsters were with their backs against the wall.

Also, any stun build I'll make will include endurance charges on stun and a lvl 1 on take dmg. + qual immortal call + duration + (when I can afford it) enhance and the 3 duration nodes above the mace-circle.
Hype is real. Make stun mara (close to this) - go to maps in 3 days. Now im farming 69 maps from lvl60 when i kill merc Piety. On lvl 66 5-linked Heavy strike 16k dmg (pure phys no added fire or shit), ground slam around 8k. 3400 hp atm, 8000 armor + 5 endurance charges (80 dmg reduction atm). Feels unstopable, only problem is mana. Have 2% mana leech, running 2 auras now-Tempest shield and Hatred, zero points in aura reduction (planned later to see if 1 more 40% possible)
ign - FancySneakyDevil
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
I want to run something very similar to this in a party in 1.2. What do you think of this for a tree?

I will try something similar on the SC league: https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/gophren-mara-1h-mace-stunner
Maybe a little less defensive and more offensive
I'm very interested on this build, anyone knows if this will work fine on 1.2 or it won't be that good?
1.2 changes quite a lot of things in stun builds.

The tree has changed a lot, and offers less survivability (goodbye +max resists and there are much less good HP opportunities), and there'll be some armor gone too), but there is quite a profit in damage from the changes on bonebreaker, baptism by light and skull cracking nodes.

Overall, I don't think the changes are too bad, my main regret being the disappearance of the link from the baptism by light node to the +str node next to baptism by light, which makes the templar HP nodes a bit less accessible.

"
gophren wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:
I want to run something very similar to this in a party in 1.2. What do you think of this for a tree?

I will try something similar on the SC league: https://www.poebuilder.com/builds/gophren-mara-1h-mace-stunner
Maybe a little less defensive and more offensive

For the fairly obvious improvements :

-You can trade a 12% mace+staves damage for a 10str node for your connexion to the duelist area.
-You can trade the 2% block node next to Vigor for Testudo.
-You can trade 4*10% melee damage from your starting area for the 1% block connexion between warrior's blood and aegis and 3 open points (there are two open 10% melee + 10% armor nodes on the baptism by light area).
-You can spare one point by connecting the life cycle from the barbarism node.

Other things :

Your dash for constitution+path of the warrior area is very costly in my opinion.
Yes, these two nodes are nice, but with 5 connexion nodes to get there, it gets fairly expensive imo. You'd gain almost as much %HP per node from getting 2 nodes in the purity of flesh area, which opens access to the sanctuary node (and the two HP remaining nodes are above your %HP yield per node), or from getting the templar HP area, which opens the 3rd end charge node and Crusader. It's up to you of course, but I don't feel that path of the warrior is worth that much.

Personally I think I'll run this, if I don't find improvements.

"
Sat331 wrote:
I'm very interested on this build, anyone knows if this will work fine on 1.2 or it won't be that good?

Many changes, but aside from some things nerfing most characters (goodbye +max res%), the build is left unharmed overall. Personally I'm left with slightly more damage, slightly less magic resists (may have to find better resistance stuff) and roughly equivalent HPs. One thing that annoys me is that I had many node opportunities to scale my build HP-wise as I progressed in the late game, which are gone now.

About gems, the warlord's mark improvement looks very cool, we will have to see the numbers I'm not sure it'll replace vulnerability though. I don't really care about mana adjustments as I've always done great with a 2% mana leech ring.

"
Snakorek wrote:
anyone tried to do similar build with ground slam instead of heavy strike? any results/conclusions?

I use ground slam to clear most of the content ever since they changed the skin, and I switch skills to kill hard bosses. Ground slam is *much* more comfortable to use than melee splash : AoE is larger/longer, kite is made easier, you can snipe most ranged together with their pack, etc.

Heavy blow is only legitimate to use on dangerous things which can't be stunned with ground slam imo.
Last edited by orime on Aug 20, 2014, 5:11:19 PM
1.2 ruined the build :O! I see a lot of min maxing will be required

EDIT:

bump

I ended up with this baby
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_8wbBBOOfoLR5aGvZJy_7qgthFPbvDuRReA2GO7yf565Yr6lupKyQdDbohylGabXy8i-LT2SjOlJuqjWSVEnM2xpVaf4OPErI2L1XDWEhOzvelp_Liq-RzoTvEuF3U-JDkBG77XTtm4ODsbakguT3MnrvU99gkZgKgStyqWBLWNusr9-yrKp82QUthNmUh1HmWfNlTVg9tC_AGhRSQT9gxJBVGelmnkd-ITSnhMtD-tK9gZ7FGjgOFH7iNunsON7BgFYkquNqOthPfRZvfLst0lFgxYrwHwSzogC0-RRNAnE=

Took 2 nodes for enough dex and int to use with Rainbowstride and BoR
BoR = endurance charge on stun + heavy strike/groundslam + melee splash/stun/damage + blood magic
HP Regen comes from Endurance charges. (stunning builds up charges REALLY fast)
Low armor mitigated by Immortal call + CWDT

important things:
182% HP
41% stun threshold
21% block(Max block with BoR + perandus or similar)
65% resistances (overcapped with crappy gear, charges up and/or auras)
18% attack speed (plus fast attacks from BoR if used)
120% stun duration

and...most important:

500% physical damage with maces
*COUGH COUGH*!
Last edited by Garompa on Aug 29, 2014, 1:51:48 PM
First of all, thank you very much for enlightening us with this amazing build.

I am playing a duelist stunner. The main "problem" for me was that heavy strike heavily desyncs me, due to the knock back effect. The hits have to connect. Combine that with knock back and u have a magnificent desync. Heavy strike now has the same reduced stun threshold as groundslam.
The solution is to use each skill for each intended purpose. GS aoe and HS single target for bosses.

The build is working amazing for me so far, up to lvl 69 maps (overgrown shrine, no regen + nemesis mods). I can dive almost anywhere and survive. Stun gem + heavy strike for boss perma stunning is unbelievable. I am playing self found and i am only using four links. No uniques used, Bringer of Rain included.

1.2 changes that i noticed and are happily using:
The new warlord's mark is a great addition. Endurance charges, chance to stun and double leech. "Bloody bludgeon" cluster : Ias, damage and increased aoe. "Baptism by light" : Life and armor.

1.2.1 Ultra viable build for melee. Only three builds work in melee range that can ignore in the most part desync. Cyclone, leap slam and ground slam. As always,with attacks, the main con is the gear. You need a good weapon to progress late game.

Edit 1: AMAZING! I could permastun dominus first form, so he could not cast his lightning souls. This is damage prevention taken to a whole new level !!
Last edited by aplostra on Sep 3, 2014, 3:35:11 AM
"
aplostra wrote:
First of all, thank you very much for enlightening us with this amazing build.

I am playing a duelist stunner. The main "problem" for me was that heavy strike heavily desyncs me, due to the knock back effect. The hits have to connect. Combine that with knock back and u have a magnificent desync. Heavy strike now has the same reduced stun threshold as groundslam.
The solution is to use each skill for each intended purpose. GS aoe and HS single target for bosses.

The build is working amazing for me so far, up to lvl 69 maps (overgrown shrine, no regen + nemesis mods). I can dive almost anywhere and survive. Stun gem + heavy strike for boss perma stunning is unbelievable. I am playing self found and i am only using four links. No uniques used, Bringer of Rain included.

1.2 changes that i noticed and are happily using:
The new warlord's mark is a great addition. Endurance charges, chance to stun and double leech. "Bloody bludgeon" cluster : Ias, damage and increased aoe. "Baptism by light" : Life and armor.

1.2.1 Ultra viable build for melee. Only three builds work in melee range that can ignore in the most part desync. Cyclone, leap slam and ground slam. As always,with attacks, the main con is the gear. You need a good weapon to progress late game.

Edit 1: AMAZING! I could permastun dominus first form, so he could not cast his lightning souls. This is damage prevention taken to a whole new level !!

I confirm, I'm lvl 80 atm, and I can stunlock most map bosses (havent tried above 72 for now).
HS for target, GS for AOE
Lots of stun duration, even on gear, get all the reduce stun threashold you can get.

My current tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ48EuEUIBRSFPYYkRo4GlUhNCSqJy8n7TSONug26TpSOzs9_EE_Qo5HflBHUeZT31RJVw1YPVhjWNtZ818_YEtgkWDEYSFko2VNZp5p_mvZbBZyqXTtd1N673uMfNmBK4OxhNmE74Y7hxmLT4zPkFWQdJHOlIeYCpkrm4OexZ_LoLSkrKcwp4SsqqyvtC-2pLvtvJ-9gcAawQTG2Mzb3pbfsuJD42rjn-RR567vDvIv8wb2SPcy-tL7qvxL_9M=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info