Please remove all one time visit accounts from the beta clock

We all will get to play the game soon :). Once they release it we all win!! :)
time to play some POE :)
the timerz gave me cancerz
Chris's action obviously shows that GGG cares greatly about the community.

Creating a fair and just system of picking beta members is a huge challenge. Most everyone that wants to be in the closed beta has a different set of circumstances. Having a solution to cover all the circumstances for everyone is very difficult.

Having a moderator pick testers from active forum users is probably the easiest and most fair solution. The trick is selecting a moderator who is moral, just and unbiased. Implementing a fair and just system in software is too complicated. A human can easily decipher who is contributing in the community and who isn't.

For those that are lurking and want to participate in the closed beta then it encourages them to get active now. It goes without saying part of being a good closed beta tester is actively communicating with other beta testers and the PoE community as a whole.

There are fence sitters that want to see if PoE is worth it or just try it. These people really belong in the open beta IMHO. Closed beta is for fixing, shaping and polishing the game. It is possible some fence sitters could become active closed beta participants, but most probably not.

Everyone has different motivations for being here. Everyone should be respected. I hope everyone gets their wishes fulfilled. We all want PoE to fill our thirst for an awesome multiplayer ARPG. It will come in time. I wait my time with patience and humility. In the mean time I contribute where I can because I believe PoE is going to rock.

"
Filthy wrote:
"
italianmango1 wrote:
I've been waiting for a key longer than 99% of this forum.

Oww.. I genuinely feel sorry for you.

I suggest making one more recipient type in the timer system: along with the 'random' and 'veteran' there could be 'oldest', giving key to the unfortunate fellow, who has waited for the key the longest.

Then I am in the 1% that have waited longer than you. I feel special! So I support this suggestion! 3rd timer, go go go!
Yes, all of the people who joined before 2011 should get instant access. I can live with that...
Ya know you guys should be grateful that ggg is holding any kind of public beta. If they so chose they could do in house closed beta until release. Just be patient you'll either get lucky and get picked from the timer, win a contest ggg holds, get in when open beta rolls around.
M.M.O.R.P.G.=Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Goes great with

G.I.R.L.=Guy In Real Life
"
Chris wrote:
Multiple accounts don't improve your chances of getting into beta. Tens of thousands of signed up accounts haven't logged back in but do visit the site frequently from the same IP (hence making the account look inactive).

We're looking into ways we can improve the counter to keep it fair for everyone but still helping the active forum people get rewarded for their effort :)

I'm pretty interested in seeing how this would affect multiple users from the same IP adress and 2 - 3 users from the same PC. Everyone registering on different accounts or similar.

I've got a brother that we both registered on same PC + we got couple of friends in local network that registered here too.

I hope this won't really interfere with that much... :S .
Atleast I have a reason (+kinda proof) to whine a bit for not getting a key right now ;) .
Last edited by Hostile on Aug 25, 2011, 2:48:50 PM
lol no.
+1
But we want to play now! we dont want to wait :).
time to play some POE :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info