Please remove all one time visit accounts from the beta clock

So many people realy want to take part of this amazing looking game and support the process of its perfection but most who get the chance to do so are just accounts which are created as multiple accounts or just created and long forgotton. Just consider this purposal which is i think the oppinon of the most people here who are waiting for a beta key!
+1
+1
Multiple accounts don't improve your chances of getting into beta. Tens of thousands of signed up accounts haven't logged back in but do visit the site frequently from the same IP (hence making the account look inactive).

We're looking into ways we can improve the counter to keep it fair for everyone but still helping the active forum people get rewarded for their effort :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Multiple accounts don't improve your chances of getting into beta. Tens of thousands of signed up accounts haven't logged back in but do visit the site frequently from the same IP (hence making the account look inactive).

We're looking into ways we can improve the counter to keep it fair for everyone but still helping the active forum people get rewarded for their effort :)

While that's obviously good news since people try to abuse the system, it makes me wonder how it works. I'm assuming that, lets say 2 accounts in the same network would imply that each account has 50% of the regular chance of getting picked by the timer? Wouldn't that slightly screw those of us in shared networks though? Or am I missing something?
"
Chris wrote:

My suggestion, just like the one that I pm'd to you Chris about a weapon type for the game, will go unheeded or unanswered I am sure BUT I will give it another shot anyhow.

1st...REMOVE THE TIMER.
2nd...hire more moderators AND give them keys to distribute to forum members that are PRODUCTIVE to the community.
3rd...send out keys via email in waves like all other games.

That will END all this "timer drama".

I have noticed a shift in focus, even my own, from discussing the game to discussing the frigging timer. To be honest, and I think most of the vocal majority here will agree, our pleas have gone UNNOTICED.

Sure, we have been told "it's fine the way it is" and been to told to STFU by beta members, who have not only developed a sense of "in-group snobbery" but also developed quite the sadistic use of the old "stick and carrot" by holding "contests"
asking people to degrade themselves for keys in various ways. See:
http://pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/4798
But we have been told little else. Is it no wonder why the community has turned so negative? Is it?

I for one came here looking for the opportunity to experience something that would cure not only nearly ever-present boredom with the current state of online ARPGs but also to seek something that may rival Blizzard's latest juggernaut: D3.

That experience turned quite sour when not only did the timer drama begin, after people started to actually take notice of all the "inactive" accounts that were getting into beta but also the near total lack of control on the forums demonstrated by the web-masters.

So now, people are actually being encouraged to make multiple accounts, spam the boards with useless posts and once they get into beta...to prey on one another.

This situation sucks! All which can be remedied by the 3 step fix I outlined above.

I don't expect to be heard, I don't expect my concerns to even be addressed. Hell, what I expect for this "rant"...is to be banned or at least "placed on probation" (wtfe that means...maybe I will get into the beta faster that way...seems that bad behavior is rewarded here)

-FD
Last edited by FerinusDominus on Aug 25, 2011, 3:37:37 AM
"
Sure, we have been told "it's fine the way it is" and been to told to STFU by beta members, who have not only have developed a sense of "in-group snobbery" but also developed quite the sadistic use of the old "stick and carrot" by holding "contests"
asking people to degrade themselves for keys in various ways. See:
http://pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/4798
But we have been told little else. Is it no wonder why the community has turned so negative? Is it?

I for one came here looking for the opportunity to experience something that would cure not only nearly ever-present boredom with the current state of online ARPGs but also to seek something that may rival Blizzard's latest juggernaut: D3.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

^ What that guy said about the obvious problem this forum has been experiencing. I am a moderator on a very small forum myself, and oh how I would have been glad to swing the mighty ol' banhammer over here.

But to the point, I myself have been fallen to make 2 separate accounts because I thought that this would increase my chances. I made my new one yesterday (this one), and as soon as I did, I wanted to delete it. And I came in here to ask from you to put in an account deletion button so that it can be removed from your system.

And I would really recommend you rethink your beta timer system to something more logical and not so random so that some people that deserve the beta can get invited.
Last edited by Baaja90 on Aug 25, 2011, 3:27:51 AM
I was one of the people who stared at the clock, and stared, and stared. and then i started making constructive posts and doing what I could within the community and got a key.
The purpose of argument should not be victory, but progress.
"
wickedhood wrote:
I was one of the people who stared at the clock, and stared, and stared. and then i started making constructive posts and doing what I could within the community and got a key.

Question...did you "get a key" from the timer or did you get it from a dev or beta member?

Your answer will be very telling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info