Please remove all one time visit accounts from the beta clock

I really don't agree with some of these arguments. First off, people saying keys should go to active & productive forum members doesn't make sense. Most of these forums are just spam. There's even a whole board dedicated to it! (the beta invite board - what purpose does it serve other than complaining and spamming?) Any info you need or are wondering about can be found on this site or youtube. It's hard to be productive and active when there's nothing to do but spam. Unless, of course, you are in the beta.
However, ideas like releasing the names/invites in waves instead of once every 35 minutes, and limiting the timer to only people who have logged in in the past few days, are excellent ideas. It's true I visit the site frequently but rarely log in or post (I have no interest in posting 'I want a key!' spam), however if occasional log-ins were required it certainly wouldn't be a problem. As someone said previously, if simply logging in every few days isn't possible, then you shouldn't be a tester anyway. I do agree keys shouldn't be going to people that haven't logged in in a long time. Well....that's enough rambling for now.
If you don't even post on forums, then it's not likely you will post feedback to the devs.

Devs don't need people who play the beta without giving anything back.

Posting feedback to the beta has no relation whatsoever to what you've posted prior to entry. I don't know where you're getting the connection between these two.
I NEED A KEY
ugh! Someone just got invite whos first and
last visit was a year ago. Wish they would fix that.
I signed up 5 months ago, and didn't post anything until after the beta started. Why? There wasn't anything for me to say. I didn't even log in; I can read the news and forums without doing that. So, I was a one-time visitor (logger) before the beta. Now that it's started, I'm logged in every day and posting on the forums.

It's completely unfair to remove a group of accounts simply because they didn't stay logged in or post something. The system is imbalanced towards the people who did post, anyway.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I signed up 5 months ago, and didn't post anything until after the beta started. Why? There wasn't anything for me to say. I didn't even log in; I can read the news and forums without doing that. So, I was a one-time visitor (logger) before the beta. Now that it's started, I'm logged in every day and posting on the forums.

It's completely unfair to remove a group of accounts simply because they didn't stay logged in or post something. The system is imbalanced towards the people who did post, anyway.

This is indeed something I hear very frequently from the silent majority of signed up people. They may not post it on the forum like this gentleman, but they do want to play.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
There is no way to distinguish one time visit accounts from legit accounts. I think the timer is cool, but it should be cranked up about 20X the speed that it's going :P Thank you for your activity in the forums Chris, it means a lot to us all.
The other day I made an offhand remark about 0 posters getting keys and my one flatmate made a comment that the forums are mostly spam anyway, so why bother? As time goes on, I'm realizing this myself. A year ago the forums were a lot more interesting to read. Now its just full of "omg key plz" and bitching about the timer.

I've tried being active on the forums, asking questions about gameplay (or directing questions to the devs), thanking people for genuinely useful posts, discussing various topics in the OT section. But its become quite a drag and I slowly find myself sinking back to lurker status (which I had attained long before I registered mind you). I'm tired of asking a legitimate question only to get your topic flooded with nonsense just so that people can grow their post count. In the process a lot of legitimate questions get lost (especially ones directed to the devs it seems) and it makes it difficult to distinguish people who are genuinely curious about something, thanking someone for information, etc. from the trolls and spammers. So, even if the devs had to give it to 'productive forum members', 90% of us still wouldn't get a key. And then you'd have to deal with people whining about how devs and forum mods are biased and mean because their posts are clearly superior to user X's posts and he got a key but they didn't... blah blah blah.
+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info