Unable to Map File error report search!

i tried the -gc 2 but that didnt work either, and i cant enter the game to change the texture quality
Reboot your PC and make sure nothing else is running. It's a RAM issue. Not much else I can suggest if it can't patch because it's running out of RAM.
i got this error:

first error was this:

error path of exile unable to mapviewoffile for chunk header..error code: 1450 offset 3535863808 size: 15476

and the second this (at same time)

error path of exile unable to mapviewoffile for chunk header..error code: 1450 offset 214892544 size: 48388

and got this error constantly when i'm playing at act 3 in the marketplace and see a straight of statues (one is normally a boss)and kick me out of the game saying when i close this errors and picked ok:

microsoft visual c++ are forced to close it, i will found a mode to do not this part when i play (y gotted a help of a player to go at the wp of the marketplace, but if i cannot see this zone, i got this error constantly.... for this, i begin us to help me at the solution of this problem, because i need play it without errors, and this is important, thx for all, and for make this great game... but need a solution the most quickly are posible.
Last edited by galaguer on Dec 9, 2013, 5:12:38 PM
Well.. first of all sorry for my poor english.

What can i say that others didn't before? The game is awesome but i'm tired of constant crashes on act 3, i lowered all graphics and still crashing. Having a x32bit OS it's the only way to play "merciless" (on normal) in act 3.

I remember that i left the game a year ago and now i give a new chance to see new content and hoping the problem to be fixed but it isn't yet! Incredible.

This is not about us, your assistance to this problem its just pathetic, this post was created on 24/08/12! That's a LOT of time and the help coming from GGG seems just a few botched jobs for me cause it's not "we're on it, in the next pacth we gonna solve this but meanwhile, try this and maybe you can play good now" its "we're not gonna assign resources to solve this, buy a new pc with 64bit OS or install it in your current pc if it can support it, or just LEAVE".

And that's what most people with this issue is doing, leave.

Cause it's really annoying that you can play games with more graphics and u have to play this masterpiece in "diablo II" quality graphics and still crashing! Even worse when acts 1&2 work almost perfect and when you reach act 3 an staff of ggg tells you "it's cause you don't have enough ram or something" oh really? why the older players said that they haven't any problems before the changes at the begining of '13? Could you make an exercise of honesty and say "we didn't care about this but we will (or not)" meh...

Anyway, i hope this problem to be fixed asap, till then bye bye (wish not to wait another year!).

1) Don't bump old threads. If you have an issue you'd like help with, post a new thread with your problem and a clear description and what you've done to attempt to resolve the problem.

2) This isn't the place for "feedback". There is another forum for that. If you're giving feedback, go there.

3) This is a very resource demanding game. If your PC can't handle it, then you have only have a few options. You can Upgrade your PC to something that will work better (64-bit OS with 4GB+ RAM), you can suffer through with what you have and all the crashes, or you can choose not to play. No one is forcing you to play, and it is a F2P game.

There are plenty of people who can play on 32-bit OS with less than 4GB of RAM, but they have tuned their systems properly, and they have experience in the area. While 2GB is the minimum RAM listed, I think that is a false number personally for anyone who ISN'T an experienced PC tech. Act 3 requires a lot of RAM and for most people with a 32-bit OS, they just can't handle it.

GGG isn't likely to make the game work well for 32-bit PCs as every CPU made in the last 10 years pretty much is 64-bit compatible.. all you need to do is install a new OS. I'd be surprised honestly if your CPU WASN'T 64-bit capable. Post your CPU and we can look for you (or you can look yourself on Google). Chances are though that if your PC is less than 10 to 15 years old, it probably supports 64-bit and all you'd need to do is install Win7 64-bit version (or something else 64-bit other than XP).

The developers don't make the game to work on your PC. This isn't Console gaming. They make the game they want to make, and they push the envelope. That's what drives PC hardware innovation. If your PC can't run the game, then you either don't play it, or you upgrade.. depending on how much you want to play it. That's how PC gaming has ALWAYS been.
"
Drakier wrote:
1) Don't bump old threads. If you have an issue you'd like help with, post a new thread with your problem and a clear description and what you've done to attempt to resolve the problem.

2) This isn't the place for "feedback". There is another forum for that. If you're giving feedback, go there.

What a sad player, ty for your explanation but isnt nedeed dat sentences.
Ing: xfreakingfreezingpulsex // @karbunculo
---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 1725497344 Size: 1435903
OK
What can I do to fix this
read the thread.
one friend of mine have the same problem between act 2-3 normal Exception unable to mapviewoffile in mapchunk. Error Code:8 Offset: 3401449472 Size 17375904
Yesterday i was playing fine, but today, after the update, i couldn't launch the game.

Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 0 Size: 0
IGN(Standard): Bheyn
GMT (0:00)
Last edited by Bley11 on Mar 11, 2014, 8:26:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info