Unable to Map File error report search!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times now. Ran the pack checker about 6 times, and I keep getting the map error, please fix. Its getting to the point where it happens every half hour.
Last edited by Zurs on Aug 14, 2013, 9:52:46 AM
"
Zurs wrote:
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times now. Ran the pack checker about 6 times, and I keep getting the map error, please fix. Its getting to the point where it happens every half hour.

other than CannibalCorpse who gets it on launching the game, the rest is 32 bit os or ram under 4 gig read the common tech problems thread as there are workarounds for it there and there is a rather large patch that has a whole lot of optimization that will help those with low ram...some people will still have problem though like those running 2 gig of ram or less.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Zurs wrote:

other than CannibalCorpse who gets it on launching the game, the rest is 32 bit os or ram under 4 gig read the common tech problems thread as there are workarounds for it there and there is a rather large patch that has a whole lot of optimization that will help those with low ram...some people will still have problem though like those running 2 gig of ram or less.

I have done the - gc 2 and still crashed every half hour. I have changed to medium textures and still crashes.
"
Zurs wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Zurs wrote:

I have done the - gc 2 and still crashed every half hour. I have changed to medium textures and still crashes.

Just to make sure, did you add - gc 2 or -gc 2? The extra space will cause the command to be ignored so make absolutely sure the command looks like the following:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" -gc 2
Sorry I meant -gc 2 its just a force of habit for me lol
Last edited by Zurs on Aug 14, 2013, 10:36:49 AM
Error Code: 8 Offset: 1162280960 Size: 13318329
so i been suffering from the error code 8 problem since i started! i removed and reinstalled 3 times and still no success! i then hit the forums and found no definitive answer other than, we are aware of the issue and plan to resolve at a future date. =/ this was about a week ago. today i was getting frustrated and so i decided to hit the forums again. i found a reply that stated to drop the texture filtering down as a possible reduction in the frequency of the error. i noticed i was set to 2x and the only other lower option was the trilinear, and so i chose it. and for 7 hours after till this moment i have not errored one time. prior to this i could almost call the exact time of my error occurring. usually about 3 load screens, or after being idle for 30 mins. now then this may be premature to say this fixed the problem for me, but i would have easily have errored around 10 times in the same 7 hours under the 2x setting. hope this helps and TY SO MUCH for that tip!!

update-- the error has come up again, tho considerably less frequency; i seem to get a soundeffect/ambient [whatever]:decoded no data, as well "bad allcocation" error, tho still less frequently. =[
Last edited by Luvhateluv on Aug 25, 2013, 12:45:20 PM
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 0 Size: 84269

Erro , no me funciona
---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 3317563392 Size: 13854016
Aceptar
This has been happening to me since the beta, Quite frustrating when your trying to grind out on nem ladder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info