Unable to Map File error report search!

Drak , I could try to explain how everything you said is totally wrong, but the very fact you made those comments shows you would have zero chance of understanding.

ATTN EVERYONE HAVING THIS ERROR, THIS ACTUALLY WORKS:

"
skesoul wrote:
ok so I noticed I had to turn off 3gboot option for Tera, when i launched PoE it suddenly started to crash at market place like a lot of people claiming here so I turn back on 3gb boot option loaded market place no crash (unable to map file).

Enable the 3GB switch on Windows XP

Right-click My Computer. Click Properties.
In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
In the Startup and Recovery dialog box, under System startup, click Edit. The Windows boot.ini file will be opened in Microsoft® Notepad.
Create a backup copy of the boot.ini file. Note: Boot.ini files may vary from computer to computer.
Select the following line in the boot.ini file:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Press Ctrl+C to copy the line and then press Ctrl+V to paste it immediately below the original line.
Note: Your text string may be different from the text string in this solution, so be sure to copy the text string from your boot.ini file, and not the text string included here.
Modify the copied line to include “ /3GB”, as shown in the following example:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB" /3GB /fastdetect

Note: Do not overwrite any existing lines.

Save and close the boot.ini file.
Click OK to close each dialog box.
Restart your computer.
During startup, select the 3GB option. If you do not select the 3GB option, the system will default to the 2GB total memory setting.

Note: If problems occur during startup, you may need to update some of your drivers.

Enable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista

Right-click Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072"
Restart the computer.

Disable the 3GB switch on Windows Vista

Right-click on Command Prompt in the Accessories program group of the Start menu. Click Run as Administrator.
At the command prompt, enter "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa"
Restart the computer.
"
ATTN EVERYONE HAVING THIS ERROR, THIS ACTUALLY WORKS:

Regarding this fix, any idea whether something of this sort would work for Windows 7. Will get some copypasta of the when and wheres of the error when I can but essentially looks to be the same deal as the rest of y'all in this thread. Running Windows 7, tried upping the Virtual Memory a bit, Texture quality was on medium anyway and did the whole -gc2 thing. I think the gc2 fix worked for a while or at least I had noticeably less map chunk crashes but seems to be happening more again now.

Exception
---------------------------
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 1001717760 Size: 7281773
OK

I get to the piety are in a3 and boom i freeze and get this

Update:

I researched on the forums here and found your common issues post. I tried to use your suggestion to fix this issue. I was able to successfully kill Piety but I am still getting it. Its just not as common
Last edited by BuzzLightYear on Jul 2, 2013, 1:18:13 AM

i have errors like this in different areas some times.
i have same client on another PC`s i just reinstall windows some days ago, and now have this errors. so if i have ok playing with this client on old windows, problem is with my drivers or smth like that? but what i need to install or upgrade to fix this errors?
"
TakeshiCastle wrote:

i have errors like this in different areas some times.
i have same client on another PC`s i just reinstall windows some days ago, and now have this errors. so if i have ok playing with this client on old windows, problem is with my drivers or smth like that? but what i need to install or upgrade to fix this errors?

Hey there,

Can you please try the following:
This usually occurs when your game file runs out of ram, common on PCs with low ram or running 32bit versions of windows. Running the game with Texture Quality set to Medium usually fixes this, though having less than 4gb of ram will cause problems after changing areas a number of times. We will improve the memory recovery system in future.
You can also reduce the rate of these crashes slightly by adding -gc 2 to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut target, as shown here: http://i.imgur.com/UYl4uhB.png
"

Hey there,

Can you please try the following:
This usually occurs when your game file runs out of ram, common on PCs with low ram or running 32bit versions of windows. Running the game with Texture Quality set to Medium usually fixes this, though having less than 4gb of ram will cause problems after changing areas a number of times. We will improve the memory recovery system in future.
You can also reduce the rate of these crashes slightly by adding -gc 2 to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut target, as shown here: http://i.imgur.com/UYl4uhB.png

ill fix this by getting my old PC whene 32 win gives me 3.25 gb, until i get x64 CD from friend)
thanks
Last edited by TakeshiCastle on Jul 16, 2013, 4:49:23 AM
Game has awesome system, but I QUIT. My computer can hold much more graphically advanced games than this, but I cannot go through Warehouses, Marketplace and Battlefronts without that error.

I see that its still beta but developers should FIRST fix such memory processing bugs than worrying about something like Twitch sh*t..

Game seems to run on some old engine and has very bad memory processing. Until someone at GGG make fixing this their priority - bye bye..
Im try to play this game every day but is hard i have crash'es ever 15min

MapChuck .... . .. ...
or
BadAlocation
or
Faild Load ... . .. . .

MY current Path of Exile shortcut --softwareaudio --garbage-generations 2 -gc 2

--softwareaudio <- because my audio cart Crash game // lol
--garbage-generations 2 <- Low memory 3GB // lol2
and now -gc 2 // ;D

and still crashing ever 15min

I cant change grafic qualit only MEDIUM and this dont help me

BTW. game is lagging my HDD and i died many times because i got spikes
I was Played on this PC game like Far cry 3 without any problems ;/

When u can Help me plis PM ME
Last edited by Shedlly on Aug 1, 2013, 4:59:26 PM
Well, it happened again. Killed Piety but literally the second before she drops the key and loot, I get booted from the game, map chunk error. When I logged back in, my portal was gone, so I couldn't get back to Piety without running the whole damn thing again, from Barracks. I got credit for killing Piety, but what good is that, when I don't have the key she dropped??? Stopped playing for a couple of months and have come back to the same old problems, even if they're happening less frequently. Unbelievably frustrating, and, again, makes me question why I came back to the game at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info