Unable to Map File error report search!

For those of you who have been getting the Unable to Map File error, we've increased the error reporting so you should be able to see more information about the problem when it occurs.

For anyone able to reproduce the crash, please do so and Ctrl-C the error window and paste the information from the error here! This will hopefully help us find the root of the problem.

If you're getting the Unable to Map File error, and no report, you should also let us know!
Balance & Design
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Jan 11, 2015, 5:14:24 AM
Thanks for the info, guys!

We should have a resolution to this problem pretty soon I hope.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
There is a new display option to reduce the texture size - This should greatly reduce the chance of getting this error.
Balance & Design
"
Sparzy wrote:
At least you can play, i cant even get past the launcher. It searches, then times out with couldnt get map file.

Can you copy and paste the exact error that you're getting?
Balance & Design
"
Sparzy wrote:
Theres no fix for this yet?

Other than turning your texture quality down, there isn't much that can be done yet, sorry!
Balance & Design
We've gathered all of the information we need from this error for now - We'll keep working on improvements to memory storage to help with this error!
Balance & Design
"
Sparzy wrote:
How can i turn the texture quality down when i cant get into the game. Theres no options button on the launcher.

If you go into My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile/production_Config.ini and open it in notepad, you can change the texture_quality setting under the DISPLAY section to look like this: texture_quality=1
Balance & Design
"
yomenta wrote:
Mine is in 1 and i can't make the game starts, the launcher does but it crash whit the error

---------------------------
Exception
---------------------------
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 87 Offset: 125763584 Size: 4294963041

Would you be able to post your system specs, Yomenta? To be clear, this happens after you click the "Launch" button?
Balance & Design
Try the Pack Check, you may be able to avoid downloading the game again that way!
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Oct 4, 2012, 11:39:34 PM
"
TakeshiCastle wrote:

i have errors like this in different areas some times.
i have same client on another PC`s i just reinstall windows some days ago, and now have this errors. so if i have ok playing with this client on old windows, problem is with my drivers or smth like that? but what i need to install or upgrade to fix this errors?

Hey there,

Can you please try the following:
This usually occurs when your game file runs out of ram, common on PCs with low ram or running 32bit versions of windows. Running the game with Texture Quality set to Medium usually fixes this, though having less than 4gb of ram will cause problems after changing areas a number of times. We will improve the memory recovery system in future.
You can also reduce the rate of these crashes slightly by adding -gc 2 to the end of your Path of Exile shortcut target, as shown here: http://i.imgur.com/UYl4uhB.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info