Unable to Map File error report search!

Stuck in act 3. every time i even attempt to get further somewhere dow nthe line i get one of these. had 4 of them in the past hour. great game tho its unplayable.
bump.

devs please - I see this error approximately every hour - it's not possible to 40 minutes fight Piety's guards and finally when I want to kick her ass ... game crushes :/ grrrr
same here
just 3rd act and crashing when swiching areas
dont know what to do
maybe ill buy 4 gb ram and upgrade to win 7 64
im tired
I have same errors ;/
I can't go to this forest.
Enter 3x and same error '' unable to viewoffile bla bla ''
How to fix it ? ;O
Unable to MapViewOfFile in Mapchunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 4288479232 Size: 15091333

the technical doc's regarding this claim it is a ram problem, i disagree (i run every other game out there with no similar problems: rift, wow, aion, GW2, neverwinter, etc, etc); in addition it has only happened to me, on a frequent basis, in act3. More specifically, i simply cannot enter the marketplace, having attempted well over 20X. If it were a ram problem, i would be having errors and crashes every time i made a map transition, but it is not the case and the game did fine through act1, 2 (with only a crash here and there, usually after playing all day).

Same map chunk error as the game crashes out when trying to load map particularly in act 3, what a pity , really like the game, was about to buy some to stuff to support it, now looks like its kinda broken.

Unable to play it at this time as it crashes with the above bug constantly.

this was from one evening playing. i seem to get it a lot more in act III and especially when changing zones. not allways though.

if i knew it would help i would have kept better track of what error happens where.

btw, any news on what is causing this or when it might get fixed?

"
Foggydew wrote:
btw, any news on what is causing this or when it might get fixed?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73322

about half way down.

It is almost exclusively a out of memory error, the way the game works atm is that it pre loads area textures and area data, depending on OS and the amount of ram and what other programs may be running.
4 gig is cutting it fine on high textures with nothing else running in the background
you have a 32 bit OS, that's even less memory to use.

there is a list of possible fixes in that link, you can also set the textures to medium or lower via the production_config.ini.

@chimitang the reason you have it in act three is because act three is bigger in area size to most places in act 1 or 2, and that the area being relatively new isn't quite as optimized as acts 1 or 2, they have already optimized it a bit since it's launch.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Not wanting to sound like I am criticizing too much, but I run many 3D games at a decent resolution , massive game worlds high settings with no issues.

This game should be able to run on a cell phone....

Some real bad game coding going on here.
what makes you even think to make a comment like this game should be able to run on a cellphone? This game requires a lot more power from most GPUs way more than a lot of other games. Also the detail is super high requiring a lot of extra memory for the textures and shaders.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info