Unable to Map File error report search!

"

This has been happening to me since the beta, Quite frustrating when your trying to grind out on nem ladder.

If you're running a 32-bit build of Windows then see here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/108634/
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
---------------------------
Exception
"Art/Models/Terrain/Act3/slums/slum_ledge_largecliff_X_01_01_c1r1.tgt": Expected "TileMesh"
OK

I tried adding -gc 2 and it did not fix it

I can go to any map, except the slums in act 3
Last edited by nickpiteros0 on Nov 17, 2013, 5:58:02 PM
Hi there, today i tried to dl the latest patch. however after a very long session of client "checking resources", i get this error message

Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 4903600128 Size: 168149144
OK

Any thought on how to fix this?

thx in advance - Arthúr
"
arthuro wrote:
Hi there, today i tried to dl the latest patch. however after a very long session of client "checking resources", i get this error message

Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 4903600128 Size: 168149144
OK

Any thought on how to fix this?

thx in advance - Arthúr

How much RAM do you have? What about your pagefile size?
the RAM shouldnt be the problem. got a 3 month old cpu with 8 gb RAM. however my pagefile size was set at about 8000, i juiced it up to about 12000. and no, im not running a 32 bit windows. still no luck
Last edited by arthuro on Dec 3, 2013, 2:04:05 PM
Well.. that error is trying to allocate memory that it doesn't have.

Offset: 4903600128 is just over 4.5 GB into memory and Size: 168149144 means it's trying to allocate a chunk of space for a little over 160MB of data... and failing.

So something is up with your RAM. Are all background programs closed? Do you have a lot of free available memory? Check your Task Manager (resource monitor) and verify that you're not running out of RAM.

Edit: for 8GB of RAM, I would recommend a 16384 size pagefile (twice the ram)
Last edited by Drakier on Dec 3, 2013, 2:12:14 PM
i read its supposed to be 1.5 times the RAM
resource monitor says 5200 MB free physical memory
Does it work if you add -gc 2 (notice the single dash and the space) to the end of your shortcut target (or launch options if you're using Steam)?

Also, do you have Texture Quality set on High? what happens if you reduce it to Medium?
ok think i see whats happening

when my client starts checking resources, the physical memory drops slowly. in 15 min or so its down to the point that error appears. now im guessing the problem is why my client is checking resources for 15 min instead of downloading the patch...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info