Unable to Map File error report search!

"
penguinpoe wrote:
Unable to MapviewOfFile in MapChunk Error Code: 8 Offset: 5464129536 Size: 14737163

"Metadata/Characters/StrDexInt/StrDexInt/ao":Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 5464129536 Size : 14737163

p.s. Windows 7 (32bit). 8192 RAM. GTX 760.

Please Help

Dude...read the fucking thread, there are fixes here, links to the fixes in the post before yours.

Also your 8 gig of ram is useless with a 32 bit os
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
penguinpoe wrote:
Unable to MapviewOfFile in MapChunk Error Code: 8 Offset: 5464129536 Size: 14737163

"Metadata/Characters/StrDexInt/StrDexInt/ao":Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 5464129536 Size : 14737163

p.s. Windows 7 (32bit). 8192 RAM. GTX 760.

Please Help

Dude...read the fucking thread, there are fixes here, links to the fixes in the post before yours.

Also your 8 gig of ram is useless with a 32 bit os

um.. i am try to let them know because Rory said "If you're getting the Unable to Map File error, and no report, you should also let us know!".

anyway thanks
They asked in 2012, they have since found the sources of the problem and have posted accordingly here and stickied threads on the matter.

A thread this old all you need to do is read it and try the linked fixes
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Before forsaken master i only had this problem in act3 to dominus ALWAYS but i mean all the time really. Since release it started to do the same in act2. anyone has found what's doin this yet?
"
coulombe123 wrote:
Before forsaken master i only had this problem in act3 to dominus ALWAYS but i mean all the time really. Since release it started to do the same in act2. anyone has found what's doin this yet?

yes... many people have found what's doing this.

You're posting in a HUGE 47 page thread. It's a ridiculously old thread, and you shouldn't post in theses. If you're having issues, you should do a little research on the error, then if you still need assistance, you create a new thread with your problem clearly described and any error messages also written. Please read the "Rules" sticky post for more information.

As for this error, it is because you're running out of RAM. You're likely on a 32-bit OS and/or you have less than 4GB of RAM.

In order to fix it, you really should upgrade to at least 4GB of RAM in addition to having a 64-bit OS. You cannot have more than 4GB of TOTAL addressable memory in 32-bit OS.. so having 4GB in a 32-bit OS is pretty useless as 1 GB generally is completely unaccessible.

There's a "work-around" to get PoE to mostly play in these situations however... and that is to use -gc 2 on the shortcut target (or launch options) and set the texture_quality in the production_Config.ini file to at least 2 or 3 (the higher the number the lower quality, but the easier it is on your RAM).

Next time, don't post in a 47 page thread and instead create your own thread where you clearly describe your problem and errors.
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 3401449472 Size :17375904
I'm getting this same error and there is no way I'm running out of ram. I am running 64 bit OS windows 7 machine with 8gb 1600 ram. I had resource monitor open when the crash happened I was at 4.14gb of ram used out of 8gb. Did mem test and the windows memory test,. my ram tested no errors. my PC is beast 17-4770 with

also for all you who are complaining about bumping old threads these logs may be able to help others later.
So I've added "-gc 2" at set launch options, and I've added the texture quality to medium.

Is there anything more I can do?

Im having the error code 8 thing, happens like everytime I change zone and since the loading screen is 5 fucking minutes it feels like a loading simulator more than a hack and slash.
---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 3317563392 Size: 13854016
Aceptar
i spend 400$ on supporter packs and i dont get a reply from the support to the thousands of threads i alredy made about this, is this the way you want to tell me i should have better spend the money on a 64 bit version and 16g ram?
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info