The Lightning Templar [Community Builds]

Currently level 48 on my build of this atm, going really well, except finding myself slightly squishy, and mana starved (as expected) but really strong on DPS atm, over 1k on Lightning Strike with moderate gear.

Just a few little things, if you're gonna go an Armour/ES chest, 4-6L, it isn't easy to get the colours required on the slots. Since it will automatically want to throw in blue. I used quite a few chromes (over 70) to get my 5L Armour/Es just to hit 4 red 1 green, and I'm keeping it there for now, trying for 3 red 2 green, or 3 green 2 red would be nuts.

My suggestion? Go full Armour on the chest, and go Full ES on the boots or helm, this will even out the ease of slotting, since full Armour seems to have a better chance of rolling green.

Also, a nice weapon for this build here:

Unavailable

The extra 5% exp helps with mid level grinding, the attack speed is a nice plus, and the all up 40% elemental damage is fantastic too.

I'm also running Discipline to help with the ES upkeep as my shield is kind of low. Here's my skill setup atm:

Lightning Strike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Faster Attacks
After I hit 51 and have my 5L it will be..
Lightning Strike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Melee Physical + Mana Leech + Added Fire Damage
(Like I said.. only rolled 1 green in all those chromes so I can't put FA on yet, will upgrade to a 6L full armour later on to do that)

Tempest Shield + Elemental Proliferation + Reduced Mana + Iron Will

Wrath + Discipline + Reduced Mana

Elemental Weakness + Increased Duration + Increased AoE

Was running Shock Nova + Totem etc, but after all the aura's are on I had no mana to even cast it. Maybe late game when my mana gets sorted out.
I AM ERROR
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Bloodlash wrote:
Currently level 48 on my build of this atm, going really well, except finding myself slightly squishy, and mana starved (as expected) but really strong on DPS atm, over 1k on Lightning Strike with moderate gear.

Just a few little things, if you're gonna go an Armour/ES chest, 4-6L, it isn't easy to get the colours required on the slots. Since it will automatically want to throw in blue. I used quite a few chromes (over 70) to get my 5L Armour/Es just to hit 4 red 1 green, and I'm keeping it there for now, trying for 3 red 2 green, or 3 green 2 red would be nuts.

My suggestion? Go full Armour on the chest, and go Full ES on the boots or helm, this will even out the ease of slotting, since full Armour seems to have a better chance of rolling green.

Also, a nice weapon for this build here:

Unavailable

The extra 5% exp helps with mid level grinding, the attack speed is a nice plus, and the all up 40% elemental damage is fantastic too.

I'm also running Discipline to help with the ES upkeep as my shield is kind of low. Here's my skill setup atm:

Lightning Strike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Faster Attacks
After I hit 51 and have my 5L it will be..
Lightning Strike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Melee Physical + Mana Leech + Added Fire Damage
(Like I said.. only rolled 1 green in all those chromes so I can't put FA on yet, will upgrade to a 6L full armour later on to do that)

Tempest Shield + Elemental Proliferation + Reduced Mana + Iron Will

Wrath + Discipline + Reduced Mana

Elemental Weakness + Increased Duration + Increased AoE

Was running Shock Nova + Totem etc, but after all the aura's are on I had no mana to even cast it. Maybe late game when my mana gets sorted out.

Nice weapon, I haven't made this build since reset, I've been working on a pvp smiter duelist. I'm gonna have to roll another templar and try it out with that sceptre!

Also, I agree aswell, I didn't get my mana/aura situation sorted out till near endgame - lv. 55 or so.
IGN Suojata
Where should i go first to in the passive tree ? To the Marauder's side or to the top ?
Whichever works for you really, I wouldn't particularly suggest anything but if you need more life go for life. If you need more damage go for damage, If you need more block etc. etc.
IGN Suojata
I'm currently up to Vaal on Merciless and finding my life is not up to scratch, I'd recommend venturing into the Mara area for the life nodes. If you get the right gear you won't struggle with DPS much, so you don't NEED the damage nodes (maybe the 18% mace one is all you really should need).

But then I've customized my build towards pure armour as well. Level 61, only 2k HP, 2.3k DPS on Lightning Strike, and 7k armour. Running Tempest Shield, Wrath, Anger and Determination. Finally got my mana issues sorted :D
I AM ERROR
Dong something similar myself at the moment with my lvl70 Templar who unfortunately met an early death in the 1week HC race.

Currently 3.2K HP and 2K DPS with a 1H dagger and also holding an ES shield with spell damage, resists and mana in the off hand.
Unavailable
Unavailable

Not too fussed about the relatively low DPS of LS as most of the killing is done via 2 x Spork Totems. Lightning Strike is there for the most part only to finish off lightning resist rares and bosses.

Unavailable

Currently leveling up an Arc gem to see how that goes and also considering replacing Fork with Lightning Penetration to see how that goes but it's just as a test for myself before OB.

Only solo'ed maps up to lvl64 so far but it's first time I've had a char that can actually run Temp Chains maps to enjoying it a lot at the moment.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
Last edited by BazzV5 on Nov 23, 2012, 5:35:12 PM
I've levelled an Arc gem and am using it on Totem + Iron Will and will also link LMP or Fork to it maybe, currently it's very good at distributing shock charges. Better than Ice Nova imo. And is dealing at the high end around 360 damage. Quite pleased with it. Only suffering with mana still, which leads me to my next build..
I AM ERROR
can someone post the build again ? its not working
Thx for the Beta-Key !!!!!!!! =)
You may wanna PM CNKalmah about that, since it is his thread :)
I AM ERROR
"
Bloodlash wrote:
I've levelled an Arc gem and am using it on Totem + Iron Will and will also link LMP or Fork to it maybe, currently it's very good at distributing shock charges. Better than Ice Nova imo. And is dealing at the high end around 360 damage. Quite pleased with it. Only suffering with mana still, which leads me to my next build..

I was under the impression that Fork and LMP wont work with arc because arc does not have an projectiles?

However you should be able to add a chain and get another jump or two from Arc.

I've been thinking of doing this build with Arc instead for awhile, Leveling up using LS but getting all the elemental dmg nodes and ignoring the phy side of things until i can get arc. Was going to run totem with ICE Spear and then pick up EB. The idea being ice spear totem will slow, freeze, and apply EB while i Arc everything i see.

But i have been waiting for open beta to start to really try it out high level.

hob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info