The Lightning Templar [Community Builds]

"
Azrash wrote:
For some reason i can't see all the nodes you picked, can you post me a new link please ? I would like to try this build out.

Yes done - thanks for notifying me! -they must have patched the skill tree again - Tired of re updating it :P..

Good luck!
IGN Suojata
@CNKalmah, I have a slightly different variation of your Lightning Templar build which focuses more on DPS than Defense. (I still think there's enough defense for it to remain tanky.)

Have a look: Build at lvl 70 with 85 passive points

I also have a slightly different skillset planned than yours:

1. Lightning Strike 4L - Melee Physical Damage, Added Lightning Damage, LMP (RRBG)

2. Shock Nova 4L - Added Lightning Damage, Concentrated Area of Effect, Iron Will (BBBR)

3. Heavy Strike 4L - Melee Physical Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage, Added Lightning Damage (RRBR)

4. Tempest Shield 4L - Added Lightning Damage, Iron Will, Reduced Mana (BBRR)

5. Wrath + 6. Elemental Weakness 3L - Reduced Mana (BBR)

7. Shield Charge 3L - Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks (RRG)

The "Thor" build I've made is for the upcoming new default league, and I've based it all on 3Ls and 4Ls as I don't plan on 5Ls or 6Ls due to their rarity and/or long grind. I planned on using Lightning Warp, but Shield Charge provides a better escape skill and Shock Nova is decent for up close AoE. (note that I use Concentrated Area of Effect instead of Increased Area of Effect.)
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Oct 8, 2012, 2:33:03 PM
Wow, this thread appeared out of thin air :P Granted it has 5000 views, I didn't notice it before I made my update today, as well; I called mine The Electric Tank and it's similar, but different:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53045

The main difference is the totem idea, and that I stray from the standard lightning deviation, rather I take the defensive route, grabbing shield block nodes in different areas. Also you avoided a lot of great elemental resis. nodes and went to a heavy intelligence path up north. Check it out, gl to you as well.
Yes since it is fairly int based on a couple skills I aswell as the block nodes I figured It would be beneficial to go for the INT.

I gave up the resists since they are easily attainable through gear and such.
IGN Suojata
"
Islidox wrote:
@CNKalmah, I have a slightly different variation of your Lightning Templar build which focuses more on DPS than Defense. (I still think there's enough defense for it to remain tanky.)

Have a look: Build at lvl 70 with 85 passive points

I also have a slightly different skillset planned than yours:

1. Lightning Strike 4L - Melee Physical Damage, Added Lightning Damage, LMP (RRBG)

2. Shock Nova 4L - Added Lightning Damage, Concentrated Area of Effect, Iron Will (BBBR)

3. Heavy Strike 4L - Melee Physical Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage, Added Lightning Damage (RRBR)

4. Tempest Shield 4L - Added Lightning Damage, Iron Will, Reduced Mana (BBRR)

5. Wrath + 6. Elemental Weakness 3L - Reduced Mana (BBR)

7. Shield Charge 3L - Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks (RRG)

The "Thor" build I've made is for the upcoming new default league, and I've based it all on 3Ls and 4Ls as I don't plan on 5Ls or 6Ls due to their rarity and/or long grind. I planned on using Lightning Warp, but Shield Charge provides a better escape skill and Shock Nova is decent for up close AoE. (note that I use Concentrated Area of Effect instead of Increased Area of Effect.)

Ah jealous! I was going to work Shield Charge into the build but haven't been able to play as my computer is pooched. Laptop doesn't meet the specs :(.

I think it would be neat if they added a mechanic where shield strikes while using tempest shield grant lightning damage.

Also a nice choice on Nova. Now since it has a dead zone right next to the player does the Concentrated effect reduce that deadzone aswell? Or does it just reduce the the ring's area?
I was looking into using that setup a while back but figured it would be a bother trying to actually hit anything after they introduced the deadzone into it. So I just switched to the totem to distract and deliver shock stacks :D
IGN Suojata
Lol, this is a theorycraft build, so I haven't actually made it yet. Currently at lvl 11 and missing the Lightning Strike and Shock Nova skills.

They've made some changes in the Templar skill tree, and I readjusted to accomodate it. I decided to take out the cluster of shield passives with the 50% block recovery and grabbed it from the Witch cluster of shield passives on top of the Lightning Walker cluster. Also respecced and grabbed the second Body and Soul notable since that improves the armor and ES of ALL armor items, including shield, so it's much more worth it.

Revised build at lvl 73 with 88 passive points
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox wrote:
Lol, this is a theorycraft build, so I haven't actually made it yet. Currently at lvl 11 and missing the Lightning Strike and Shock Nova skills.

They've made some changes in the Templar skill tree, and I readjusted to accomodate it. I decided to take out the cluster of shield passives with the 50% block recovery and grabbed it from the Witch cluster of shield passives on top of the Lightning Walker cluster. Also respecced and grabbed the second Body and Soul notable since that improves the armor and ES of ALL armor items, including shield, so it's much more worth it.

Revised build at lvl 73 with 88 passive points

Have you considered running Discipline and Determination? Since determination is multiplicative now it would add a good amount of DR and discipline would be a respectable buffer.
Especially if you plan on going both armor and ES.

Your shield charge incorporation gave me an interesting build idea, more on it soon!!!
IGN Suojata
For this kind of build, is it better to take the skill point or life from the bandit rewards?

Thanks
"
Kendroxide wrote:
For this kind of build, is it better to take the skill point or life from the bandit rewards?

Thanks

I would say the skill point, as you can easily achieve lots of +life gear and the skill point would benefit you more
IGN Suojata
$bestGameEver = new Game(POA);
$everyThingElse = new Array( D2, D3, TL2, DS3, GD, TQ );

for($time=0; $time<infinity+1, $time++){
░░░░$bestGameEver.own($everyThingElse);
}

$everyThingElse.lose();
Last edited by robproctor83 on Oct 21, 2012, 11:36:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info