The Lightning Templar [Community Builds]

You can also branch from the cluster of health / armor / mana regen nodes in between the mara and templar and go to the center.

With a 3 point path - giving you +50 str along the way which contributes to your Physical damage & Tempest Shield damage.

Here lies 22% Physical damage & 30% elemental damage - You're losing 22% physical and strength for the same bonus that only applies to your lightning damage?

IMO it would be a smarter decision to take the shorter path for the greater bonuses - But that's entirely up to the player.

IGN Suojata
i enjoy this build so far although I'm a bit unsure where to put my points, i can either go to the top or start heading to the bottom, can you tell me whats better?
Last edited by kurtj on Aug 20, 2012, 1:37:23 AM
TLDR : Get your stat nodes first and leave all of your life/damage/armor nodes blank - Once you have done this, work on what you need at that specific point in time.

Actually I was in the same position as you when I started, I decided that I should get all the highway nodes that reach towards the marauder during my early levels.

This is what my build looked like up until level 30, I kinda of stayed away from all of my % nodes. After I attained all my stat nodes I went out and tried to solo the current mission I was on. As I would die/destroy/have troubles getting through mobs I would then allocate points to where I feel I needed them. This also makes it feel more rewarding at the later levels instead of having to get a +10 STR node at level 50 which feels like you've accomplished nothing over the past level.

This way you can kinda judge what you need as you level up - without having to find gear to replace the nodes you need at that point so to speak.

Basically :
"Ah damn looks like my armor is really low, guess I'm going to have to sit in town looking for armor"
This is an easy way to prevent that ^

IGN Suojata
Last edited by Tureynul on Aug 22, 2012, 11:59:21 AM
That's a good question, for me it's a judgement call - Right now as it stands, I have 72% block on my Templar - This coupled with my armor mitigates a large amount of damage - So I personally don't need any life regen - But I did pick up the regen nodes that lead to bigger health nodes.

It really depends if you're trying to maximize your blocking capability - If you're not going for a max block style, don't cut out life%/regen, or you'll be finding yourself hitting the Ress button alot.

I would suggest cutting something out and going for the nodes on the int side of the Templar.
Here you get a couple of important stats for your Character :
60% mana regen
18% Elemental Damage
10% Resistances
16% Mana

All essential, for the build.
IGN Suojata
gear wise should i look for armor or armor+es gear?
I would personally look for armor as it adds alot to your DR%. This is vital in mitigating damage and survivability.
IGN Suojata
Looking at the passives you picked I have a question?

Why do you not choose to enable "enemies cannot leech mana from you" when you are depending on mana so much?
I didn't pick the Purity of Essence notable node because the heavy cost - 5 points which could be used elsewhere for block/life/armor/damage etc.
IGN Suojata
For some reason i can't see all the nodes you picked, can you post me a new link please ? I would like to try this build out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info