The Lightning Templar [Community Builds]

"
robproctor83 wrote:

Nice man! toying with builds is awesome in this game!

However, I would highly suggest getting life and more energy shield nodes, you will be killed before being able to hit the enemies :/
IGN Suojata
Last edited by CNKalmah on Oct 23, 2012, 11:16:11 PM
this looks like a fun build i cant wait to play! 96%!
Just curious, do you think that a stun support gem would work (equally?) well in your totem instead of knock-back?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
Just curious, do you think that a stun support gem would work (equally?) well in your totem instead of knock-back?

This is a good question,

I might be mistaken, but I think the duration of the stun is determined by the amount of damage that is applied to the enemy (needing at least 15%(?) of maximum health to stun).
^ I could be wrong but if this is the case, then I would go with Knockback since the totem doesn't actually do a substantial DPS and needs a few hits to take targets down. Since Knockback does what it does, it keeps targets from reaching Shock Nova's Deadzone - which is a few feet infront of the caster - Allowing for more hits to be landed by the totem
IGN Suojata
"
Brown wrote:
this looks like a fun build i cant wait to play! 96%!

Good luck! Have a blast tweaking a build in the skill forest!
IGN Suojata
My current build: here

Video of it on a random map (twitch)

I use Spark with spell totem, elemental weakness, projectile weakness, enduring cry, lightning strike, molten shell, and a bunch of random junk. I need to redo the build to be more focused, but it rips through the lower maps maps no problem. I haven't tried higher yet because I haven't run out of low ones.

Links on my spark totem & lightning strike at the moment:
Unavailable
Unavailable

As long as you aren't planning on using a totem this build lets you use literally anything. Even detonate dead/infernal blow pretty much one shot most mobs if you spec it properly because it three stacks lightning on the entire screen pretty much. I have ~94-96% pierce and could easily have 100 if I wanted to level projectile weakness/pierce.

It does have some trouble with certain things (lots of casters = totem one shotted, freezing casters = annoying also because totems have 0 or negative resists) I pretty much rely on lightning strike sometimes on maps if there is a particularly troublesome giant mob).

I thought of going molten shell/tempest shield/totem: tanky variant

I also thought of going more toward the caster, summoner, or melee side of things. The problem with my current build is resolute technique does not have particularly good synergy with molten shell/tempest shield/spark totem, and my points are spread all over because I wasn't sure what would work and what wouldn't.

I don't recommend anyone 100% copy my build, but the basic engine of "spark totems +double curse makes anything viable and does great dps on its own" worked well. I'm probably going to reset the second armor thing, and I might reset the block stuff. Not sure yet.

I probably also need to look in to auras.
Last edited by Watlok on Oct 25, 2012, 9:07:01 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Do you know if wrath affects shock/spark totems?
"
cmak wrote:
Do you know if wrath affects shock/spark totems?
Damage auras don't effect spells.
I'm using basically this build atm, just going through the difficult stage of mana fixing and survivability in mid difficulty (cruel-ruthless)

Good DPS though and it looks like it might work out well. Nice work!
I AM ERROR
"
Bloodlash wrote:
I'm using basically this build atm, just going through the difficult stage of mana fixing and survivability in mid difficulty (cruel-ruthless)

Good DPS though and it looks like it might work out well. Nice work!

Thanks man!
Yes I feel it's a well rounded build.

I would like to note that build of the week #14 is absolutely insane compared to this! Props to the person who made it!

Good luck!
IGN Suojata

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info