The Lightning Templar [Community Builds]

Is there anyone who knew his original passive build ?:) Or can you pls Mr. CN update your build?

"
dmsephiroth wrote:
Is there anyone who knew his original passive build ?:) Or can you pls Mr. CN update your build?

Okay! I'm back!

I've been working too much :/, I'll update right now!
IGN Suojata
anyone think lighting strike is gonna be nerfed? hard? by a little? Cause i don't wanna make a character thats gonna be nerfed by alot in OB..
Hi there, can i assume the skill tree on the first page OP has been updated?

After looking at your tree, I have a few questions:

1. What is the reason for taking the accuracy nodes?
2. Why skip the elemental dmg and mana regen nodes right beside the templar starting point? I thought they would be very helpful since this is a lightning build, and also due to mana starvation early on.
3. Will this build be lacking in terms of critical chance/multiplier? I was wondering if they would help with shocks/dps...if you somehow managed to stretch over to Deep Wisdom/Throat Seeker/Doom cast. Definitely get Lightning Walker/Storm cast? There's also a very nice Deadly Precision cluster at the 8 o'clock position, somewhere below Resolute hit.
4. I'm a little concerned about the mana regen, and some posts have mentioned this build is squishy (I wonder how with all the life/block nodes taken). Any concerns in merciless, and with chaos damage? Able to take the damage as well as to deal it out?

Thanks.
Last edited by Hayrich on Jan 11, 2013, 5:32:44 AM
"
CNKalmah wrote:
"
dmsephiroth wrote:

Okay! I'm back!

I've been working too much :/, I'll update right now!

wuhu thx ;)) and wb
"
Hayrich wrote:
Hi there, can i assume the skill tree on the first page OP has been updated?

After looking at your tree, I have a few questions:

1. What is the reason for taking the accuracy nodes?
2. Why skip the elemental dmg and mana regen nodes right beside the templar starting point? I thought they would be very helpful since this is a lightning build, and also due to mana starvation early on.
3. Will this build be lacking in terms of critical chance/multiplier? I was wondering if they would help with shocks/dps...if you somehow managed to stretch over to Deep Wisdom/Throat Seeker/Doom cast. Definitely get Lightning Walker/Storm cast? There's also a very nice Deadly Precision cluster at the 8 o'clock position, somewhere below Resolute hit.
4. I'm a little concerned about the mana regen, and some posts have mentioned this build is squishy (I wonder how with all the life/block nodes taken). Any concerns in merciless, and with chaos damage? Able to take the damage as well as to deal it out?

Thanks.

1. Accuracy is important, especially if not taking Resolute Technique. My reasoning by not taking RT is because I wanted to have SOME critical chance to be present with Tempest Shield/Totem.

2. Elemental damage is not as important as the physical damage - Taking physical damage increases both the elemental aspect and physical aspect of lightning strike (as it converts 50% of your physical damage to lightning).

3. This build is lacking in critical chance, it would help a lot with shock & dps. Last I checked I was playing around with a high physical damage dagger and venturing into the shadow tree. - more on this to come.

4. This build is most definitely squishy when first entering merciless - up until then is no problem, the hardest part is finding the right gear.

IGN Suojata
Since this post has been alive for so long and has a ton of views and replies I want the community to post their Melee Lightning Templar builds with a short description of the build, the skills & supports and the weakness' & strengths of the builds.

IGN Suojata
"
CNKalmah wrote:
3. This build is lacking in critical chance, it would help a lot with shock & dps. Last I checked I was playing around with a high physical damage dagger and venturing into the shadow tree. - more on this to come.

First of all, thanks so much for this thread, and keeping it updated. I've had this thread bookmarked since last August :)

My main question is that with critical chance not very high, wouldn't it be better to go with Resolute Technique, since it's only two skills away from the current build, and save the points from all the Accuracy nodes?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson
Excuse my ignorance, but what totems are people talking about in this build? I am not very far into the game, but the only totem I have seen was a taunt one. Is there another specific one for this build?

Thanks
Atm i have big mana problems and thinking of make my way to Eldritch Battery or would that be really bad ide with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info