The inevitable has happened...

When channels are going to be moderated it will indeed beome much better.
I moderated quiete some chats so here are some things that are kind of important:

1) Make the moderators being able to mute people fast

2) Rules for the moderators what is acceptable and what is not. They should work together on this.

3) Mods must be able to decide on their own in special cases even if that doesnt matches the rules. Sometimes it is necessary to mute someone to cool the whole chat down when in rage or sth. We need those "cowboy" actions sometimes. Trust the moderators. If one screwsup ypu still are able to take his status.

4) Private messages with other moderators need to be "tabbed" or sth. so they have an easy way of coordinating whats going on.
Having a bigger / better global list with reasons so other moderators can keep up to date about what is going on.

5) Being able to ban. 1 Hour, 2 hours, 4 hours and so on up to several days. A complete ban should be decided by a "main mod" only. With a reason. That complete ban also should affect the forum and so on.

Feel free to steal whatever you need to make this work

Im looking forward to it ;)
D.
Crazy. German. Storyteller. Writer. Poet.
Last edited by Daijanus on Aug 11, 2012, 12:24:02 PM
Honestly, though... in any gaming community... you're gonna need thicker skin than that... it's annoying but it's going to happen in a competitive ARPG.
players given mod status?

NO.

just because OP is sensitive doesn't mean we need to give these people power trips.
"5) Being able to ban. 1 Hour, 2 hours, 4 hours and so on up to several days. A complete ban should be decided by a "main mod" only. With a reason. That complete ban also should affect the forum and so on. "

this is such a bad idea. am i the only one who can see this?

Put in an optional chat filter and that will be the end of it.

anything else like this is just such a bad idea. and i will be very disappointed in GGG if they give players the ability to ban other players.
Hey there just to clarify i never stated it should be regular players :) Just what MODERATORS should be able to do :).
Crazy. German. Storyteller. Writer. Poet.
hell...i'd hire on to be able to channel iggy some meaningless flamer for 12 to 24 hours... lol
"
orbitxx wrote:
players given mod status?

NO.

just because OP is sensitive doesn't mean we need to give these people power trips.

You read this...

"Ok, so I'm a "mature" gamer (42 years old, been gaming since the VCS2600 and tried pretty much everything open to the home user) and I'm pretty thick skinned. Nothing shocks me, I'm almost impossible to offend and I have an evil sense of humour."

...and arrived at the conclusion I'm sensitive?

Wow!

Thats just incredible!

Note: I'm ex-Army, 22 years service, the very epitome of insensitivity and crudeness made flesh. Trust me, you simply cannot offend or effectively insult me. It cannot be done!

Re-read my opening post, have a little think about what the words actually mean then feel free to respond.

What fresh hell is this?
I don't understand why you need a hierarchy to protect your feelings...
As I've said in the past, it's not about the thickness of one's skin, it's about the thinness of someone else's, someone who has just as much right to play and enjoy this game as you, me or anyone else. Possibly a supporter who is entitled (not in the recent 'internet' sense of the word) to some sort of baseline standard of enjoyable experience, one as devoid of trolls and negative social elements as is viable. And when I say viable, I mean the retention of freedom of speech, 'adult' language and a flexibility to talk about a range of topics without the chat turning into an inferno of insults and spam.

I don't see why anyone who is here to enjoy the game and make it better would disagree with a system that helps make that a reality.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 11, 2012, 3:35:30 PM
"
Charan wrote:
As I've said in the past, it's not about the thickness of one's skin, it's about the thinness of someone else's, someone who has just as much right to play and enjoy this game as you, me or anyone else. Possibly a supporter who is entitled (not in the recent 'internet' sense of the word) to some sort of baseline standard of enjoyable experience, one as devoid of trolls and negative social elements as is viable. And when I say viable, I mean the retention of freedom of speech, 'adult' language and a flexibility to talk about a range of topics without the chat turning into an inferno of insults and spam.

I don't see why anyone who is here to enjoy the game and make it better would disagree with a system that helps make that a reality.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.

I'm here to play a game and enjoy myself. I don't log-in to read a constant stream of utter garbage that hinders the ability to spot potential trades, group runs or general information related to the game.

Additionally, if chat becomes a sewer, its hardly going to encourage new players to ask questions, seek invites to runs or "fit in" with the rest of the community.

Global chat is a reflection of the wider community. Sure, it might not define everyone who plays but it certainly hints at the general tone.

Whats wrong with wanting a civil and friendly atmosphere?

What fresh hell is this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info