The inevitable has happened...

I believe in communities policing themselves at the individual level -- moderating their own behaviour for the good of the community. I am definitely not a fan of self-policing at a group level. This produces an almost feudal system as groups form to down-vote each other and go to 'war'. Ugh.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Lots of channels in game and the opportunity to buy your own channel for points, where you can mod. Give players options to choose where to be, that is the best way to fix this problem. If some random idiots begins to spam, ban them, anything else - mute him. Chances are, that most people will be nice, as it will be a common channel you go to with people you prefer.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Aug 12, 2012, 7:12:03 PM
"
ongZ wrote:
Lot's of channels in game. And the opportunity to buy your own channel for points, where you can mod. Give players options to choose where to be, that is the best way to fix this problem. If some random idiots begins to spam, ban them, anything else - mute him. Chances are, that most people will be nice, as it will be a common channel you go to with people you prefer.

I also hope for that, and think post Open the chat will get a very nice overhaul. I'd pay a pretty sum of GGGold for a private channel tab to which I can invite people from my friends' list and from the GC at large. Very cool idea.

And then there's the fact that custom/private leagues will have completely separate chats...

I'm thinking more short-term right now.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Interesting thread. On day one, 5 minutes in I turned chat off instead of dealing with it. In fairness it was open weekend and right at the start.

Would be nice to turn chat on in a game again. Can't remember the last one I left on when I didn't need it for X minutes to do something.

I'm like OP, it's annoying as hell, so I'd rather not see any chat than normal chat.

To the OP,

Seriously i'm in the same boat as you and i wish for a moderated chat.

EVE Online did this and every single moderated room was a pure pleasure to read and talk to "clever" people.

in 2012 moderated chat should be a standard, and there is many trustworthy peoples in the community to accept the job for free.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info