[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
Kirarik wrote:
"
hi

i have 3 auras active atm
discciplin,grace,hatred all linked to reduced mana

overall i have 730 mana, with the 3 auras active i have 284 mana left.

i want to use Haste aswell (i can run it, but then i only have 70 mana left)

i already have 2 rings with mana regen but i only regen 25 mana/sec

how much mana do i need to have enough left to use the other skills?
(Cost of LS = 31, Flicker= 35)

I saw a few people streaming, having like 50 mana and they never ran out,
How does this work, how much mana regen can you have?

hope some one can help me with my little mana problem.

I personally (after running Disc+Hated+Wrath,) have about 180 mana left and I spam my 4L Lightning Strike without running out of mana just fine.

You're going about it the wrong way; mana regen gear is useless unless you have a retarded large mana pool (like an Eldritch Battery build,) because your base mana regen is a % of your max mana, and then that rate is what's increased. And when you have 700-800 mana like you or I do, it's a barely noticeable increase.

Don't bother with mana regen rate gear, since we're a physical crit build we focus on mana leech. In my personal case I only have 2% mana leech from the Mind Drinker passive and that is usually enough to sustain my LS. On the off chance it doesn't, say on a smothering map or something, I just cast Warlord's Mark for an extra 3% mana leech and problem solved!

If you have the Mind Drinker passive already, then I would recommend trying to get at least one ring with 2% mana leech. Also use Warlord's Mark if you aren't already.

tl;dr Mana Regen gear sucks for us; focus on Mana Leech if you have mana problems.

I have Discp + Grace + Hatred as well with about 150ish mana left.

730 mana is a ton. What does your tree look like?

Even then, what do you give up to run 4 auras? I'd still prefer to have LS, Blood Rage, Flicker, Double Strike, and Warlord's on my other slots.
Last edited by Raptor2k_ on Apr 21, 2013, 3:21:37 PM
"
xTattered wrote:
Should I get a power charge or frenzy charge from the bandits?

Power charges seem to give more DPS, but harder to rack up.
So, trying to make a more "tanky" build for Shadow, and i made this build for end game:
"

the idea, is run purity, hatred, grace, wrath & discipline with reduced mana as auras, since i've like 20% maximum mana, and the same skills u using just replacing warlords mark for cricital weakness or/and enfeeble.

what do u think invalesco? any comment would be appreciate it
Last edited by kaleeem on Apr 21, 2013, 3:58:12 PM
I just wanted to thank Invalesco on the awesome build.

I got into this game a few months ago and loved the idea of high DPS ninja/assassin Shadow. I tried my own build and went with Acrobatics - the dodge chance was fun early on but I ran into a wall by the time I got to Merciless. No matter how much Evasion and Life I had...there was nothing I could do against mobs. I made an LA Bowrauder afterwards which clears like nothing and is excellent for farming, but it was not at all challenging to make, and after a few weeks the fun factor was just gone.

I revisited the Shadow and looked into this build. I was ready for something that was going to be challenging to make - and very expensive. I also wanted something that could decimate single targets, especially for PVP situations. I expect the full game to have more focus on PVP as well.

I just hit Level 71 and it's great. Very satisfied. The time put into the toon has paid off. Levels 45-65 could get pretty brutal when it came to survivability, but once I had enough ES to pick up CI and run Blood Rage, things are going much smoother now.

White minions dont take much to kill other than a click. Yellow dudes take no more than a few seconds - usually just a few hits. I still have to make sure I don't get trapped by too many monsters. Granite Flasks help when those situations arise.

I'm not doing 'insane' damage just yet, but I feel like I'm already doing pretty good:

Base without auras/charges running:
Double Strike - 7865
Flicker Strike - 6709
LS with Multistrike - 3395

With Hatred/4 Power Charges/4 Frenzy Charges:
Double Strike - 13266
Flicker Strike - 13202
LS with Multistrike - 5661

I'm looking to improve and eventually get my single target skills up to 20k.

Here's my gear, if anyone can tell me what I should look to upgrade or tweak (aside from a 5L Chest with higher ES):

Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0OSBB7ES8RUBGWFdcWvxnXHNwd2R4aJ6koKisKLL8s4TBUOBs74UNURwZPv1ZjVupW9V9qY0NtGXBScFZ1in3jfll_xoauh9uIQohri3qOipAbl9CZV5mamhOdo6Kjpn-nK6c0rGaxs7TFtUi297k-uXy71r46wFHAVMEAwcXB88Lsw23UBdeG2HbbGttu29Ti9-OE5oHp_utj7BjssO1B8uHz6vVL_Kv_kw==

Notes:
1). I don't see how I could have afforded to do all this without having enough savings in orbs beforehand. This all costed me multiple exalts in total. Even then, I don't have 'godly' gear by any means. This is not much of a farming build.

2). After spending like 40 chromatics on my chest and not getting the right color combo, I decided to just get some armor/ES boots so I can keep running Multistrike with LS (needed two red sockets). Despite the recent nerf, it's still great for leech purposes and gaining Power Charges. I'm debating using Faster Attacks instead. Anyone try both?

3). Power charges seem to give a bigger DPS buff than Frenzy charges. I'm semi-regretting getting the extra Frenzy off the bandits instead of a Power. Then again, it can be argued that you need more AS to build those Power charges anyway. I'd like to get the extra Power Charge and Frenzy Charge on the tree as I level, so I'll eventually have 5 of each.

4). Considering going for Conduit, since I rack up all three charges with ease.

5). I'd like to run Wrath with Discipline/Grace/Hatred, but what skill am I willing to give up for it?

Suggestions for people getting started:

1). Use large parties to level. Less chance of dying, easier time getting XP. And more fun anyway.

2). Gem quality makes quite a difference. The quality on my DS and Increased Crit Damage probably give me a DPS boost in the thousands. Also, quality on Warlord's Mark and Power Charge on Crit are HUGE. Nearly +20% chance of getting an Endurance Charge and +8% of a Power have been bonuses that have been well worth the cost to get them.

3). For early levels, I'd highly recommend getting these two uniques:

The gloves go for cheap, and increased my DPS almost as much as Maligaro's.

4). Give priority to gear which has 'Crit Multiplier' stats over 'Crit Chance'. Also, make sure you pick out the Granite Flasks that say 'recharge when you DEAL a critical', not 'take' a critical, I didnt notice this early on.

I'd appreciate any feedback on my gear!

Last edited by Raptor2k_ on Apr 21, 2013, 4:21:56 PM
"

More DPS version? Why wouldn't I get that? What's the difference between the two?
IGN: xTattered (Please pm me to reply to an offer)
From what I can see the extra DPS version's only difference looks to be giving up Vaal Pact for an extra Power Charge instead. Although you could probably still reach Vaal Pact it would just take slightly longer.
@__Alyptic ► [Lvl77 Low-Life Triple Spork Totem Witch] (Anarchy)
@Stringendo ► [Lvl85 CI Crit Dagger Shadow] (Standard)
Standard Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/386020
Anarchy Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/483003
Oh btw was also wondering has anyone played around with the Vulnerability curse? Would Vulnerability ever be a better DPS curse than Critical Weakness?
@__Alyptic ► [Lvl77 Low-Life Triple Spork Totem Witch] (Anarchy)
@Stringendo ► [Lvl85 CI Crit Dagger Shadow] (Standard)
Standard Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/386020
Anarchy Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/483003
What should I look for: Shield/Evasion or Shield/Armour?

What am I supposed to do with these boots? Op has them but the links don't match up to the ones he suggested
IGN: xTattered (Please pm me to reply to an offer)
Last edited by xTattered on Apr 22, 2013, 9:49:30 PM
"
exile1985 wrote:
Guys I'm trying to decide on a few rings and belts, and keep considering weapon elemental damage....
I am not sure its 100% better than more str, esp for a phys dmg spec.

"
Kerkeyon wrote:
You're forgetting Wrath + Hatred, also Lightning Strike gets buffed by it

Still, has anyone tried 30 str vs 30 elemental weap dmg? I'd really like to know if someone tested so I know what to buy.
IGN: Zorkon/Nabiha/Nabia
Btw, how do you guys feel of slow vs fast if same dps?

Well basicly I have this:

315 dps / 278 phyiscal dps - 7,75 crit chance

Would it be worth upgrading to (gonna cost quite a few extra exalts)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346248

364 dps / 295 physical dps - 6,2 crit chance

IGN: Zorkon/Nabiha/Nabia
Last edited by exile1985 on Apr 23, 2013, 3:30:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info