[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
Moke3 wrote:
Why is your chance to evade 30% when your evasion rating is over 4k? My evasion rating is under 500 on my shadow, and my chance to evade is 46%.

What am I missing here?

it's scaled by level even though my evasion rating is over 4k, I am level 67 here and they scale the evasion chance against monsters of my level. meaning that I have a 30% chance to evade level 67 monsters. you have a 46% chance to evade monsters of your level. you will realise that as you level up, even if your evasion rating remains the same, your chance to evade will decrease. hope that helps! :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Oh Shiz. Good to know, thank you.
I've noticed other builds that are doing similar things to what you've done here. One major difference is the other builds will go after added fire and cold damage on top of the lightning damage...

is this just to add damage to elemental hit? is it worth it to do this?

also, in another thread, the author said that flicker strike isn't viable anymore. with the new patches, did it make it less viable with this build?

*the other threads i'm talking about are the LS CI Crit builds... there's at least two other threads.

Oh, and early on with this build, how did you level up? I am around 11 now, but I've been using Viper Strike as my main damage attack with Fire Trap as my AOE.

Also, what stats do you look for on your gear early on? I've been looking for ES and Evasion, but should I be doing this or focus on something else?

Thanks!
Last edited by imthedan on Aug 10, 2012, 3:24:14 AM
Hello,I never played this game,But what u think about this Lightning Mage Build? Build
IGN DualGrind
"
imthedan wrote:
I've noticed other builds that are doing similar things to what you've done here. One major difference is the other builds will go after added fire and cold damage on top of the lightning damage...

is this just to add damage to elemental hit? is it worth it to do this?

also, in another thread, the author said that flicker strike isn't viable anymore. with the new patches, did it make it less viable with this build?

*the other threads i'm talking about are the LS CI Crit builds... there's at least two other threads.

Oh, and early on with this build, how did you level up? I am around 11 now, but I've been using Viper Strike as my main damage attack with Fire Trap as my AOE.

Also, what stats do you look for on your gear early on? I've been looking for ES and Evasion, but should I be doing this or focus on something else?

Thanks!

i'm not sure if the other builds beside mine are even using elemental hit at all. (i might be wrong) as for the putting points in fire and cold damage, opinions might differ but I would rather not focus all my points into elemental damage. There's a reason for it, namely being that I refuse to be a one-trick pony. I want this build to be able to be modded into different styles once it comes to PvP. Granted, it might not be as OP as the other builds in terms of PvE but that's the least of my concern. my main aim is versatility and my build is geared towards PvP and as long as I can clear mobs easily in PvE, taking maybe 4-5 hits instead of 2-3 hits. I'm still fine.

The nerf to flicker doesn't affect me as I've never really been a fan of flicker spamming anyway (gives me a headache :p) BUT it is still rather fun, and from the videos I posted you can see that when i do spam flicker it tends to last at least 6-7 times which is more than decent enough. Despite that, flicker in PvP will be useless as a main dps spell. It's gonna be more for movement across the arena so I use it as that basically.

I will be switching around my skills for different situations once it comes to PvP so my main dps skills might change as the situation demands. But one thing is for sure: i want my skill tree build to be able to accommodate all of them and all the different styles of fighting I will be using and atm, I think i'm pretty pleased with how it is, although I will probably be changing it to more critical chance based rather than critical damage multiplier based in the near future after a theorycrafting discussion with a friend where he raised up many pointers regarding increased survivability and so on so forth. I won't talk much about that atm as it was his idea and the credit is his but it is a very exciting concept!

as to levelling up, I actually used viper strike as my main boss dps and lightning strike very early on as an AOE spell. I just traded it from a templar or built a templar to level 10 to get the gem as a quest reward. (didn't like fire trap's cd time)

gear-wise, just go for armour or armour/es or armour/evasion in the early stages up to cruel with the most important thing being to stack HP at the start. get at least 600+ hp before going for act2 boss and u'll be fine. after that, start stacking ES. CI isn't a necessity till ruthless :) with that strat it'll be very possible to not have any deaths all the way till merciless unless desync/carelessness.
Build of the Week 14
"
EvMulyar wrote:
Hello,I never played this game,But what u think about this Lightning Mage Build? Build

heya! why not? hurry up and get a beta key! :)

i can tell that your build is oriented very much towards elemental damage and lightning damage. but it's a pretty high level build from the looks of it. (only 5 points left) so do try to make it more attainable if possible :)

also, at the moment it's not very viable to make a lightning mage as the lightning spells for now are pretty horrible so you might want to keep that in mind :/

Build of the Week 14
I tend to run with a little less ES regen speed, my theory is that there is always room to run and recharge.

In dropping a point from crit multiplier and one 8% mana node as well as the dual eva/es low nodes and 3x15% recovery i was able to give you a ton more offensive power and regain the 10% crit multi... heres the link. As always and if needed drop on the ES regen nodes.

My take on things.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
"
DarkNRG wrote:
I tend to run with a little less ES regen speed, my theory is that there is always room to run and recharge.

In dropping a point from crit multiplier and one 8% mana node as well as the dual eva/es low nodes and 3x15% recovery i was able to give you a ton more offensive power and regain the 10% crit multi... heres the link. As always and if needed drop on the ES regen nodes.

My take on things.

looks interesting. thanks!

Edit: dropping the 2 defensive nodes only leads to about 300 ES drop from my stats, with a significant increase in crit chance and offensive capabilities. seems like a more than decent compensation. gonna find a way to incorporate it into the build guide.
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Aug 10, 2012, 1:44:15 PM
Happy to comment, i love how you detail your builds. You can definitely tell a lot of thought and care goes into them.

I have an evasion/acro/arrow dodging version of this also, but i haven't completed my play through for a full assessment.

Also with that amount of crit, a little bit of lightning and fire goes a long way in conjunction with adders touch, making WB able to deal with large packs of monsters. (only downside is the horrible rubberbanding back to back WB use causes, it is however so far very effective at farming act 2 monkeys in that first area. A spot previously reserved for sweep/leech maras) Idea being to fill the screen and dive in, 5 or 6 levels in a very fast amount of time.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
Last edited by DarkNRG on Aug 10, 2012, 5:10:07 PM
Update: refined the build to pack in more punch while still balancing survivability. updated skill tree progression as well and added in a new section after the skill tree progression area on what next to do once you go past level 62
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info