[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

First, great thanks for the post and the build.
It made me loving the Shadow classe much more than at first try ;)
I was playing a Witch and just needed to try something else.
It's not so different after all in the idea. I also use some tips & tricks you've gave us to help building my Witch.
ex: as a cold witch I'd bad times with immune elemental Boss or Elites, it was by far too long to kill them.
So as I used also a dagger I leveled with Whirling blades & Viper strike and it was really really better ^^.

But back to the Shadow Build of yours :)
Did you ever think about switching ambidextry at a certain moment of your leveling (aroud 45-50 maybe) ?
I think it could be done with no big or difficult changes ?
This way you could have a lot more crit chance and/or damage crit ?
or easier just switching weapons between 1 dagger & Shield / 2 daggers for WB & VS ?

I think I 'll try when I get enough time for .

Thanks again and 've a good time playing PoE ;=)
Last edited by Myrjala on Aug 12, 2012, 3:42:59 PM
"
Myrjala wrote:
First, great thanks for the post and the build.
It made me loving the Shadow classe much more than at first try ;)
I was playing a Witch and just needed to try something else.
It's not so different after all in the idea. I also use some tips & tricks you've gave us to help building my Witch.
ex: as a cold witch I'd bad times with immune elemental Boss or Elites, it was by far too long to kill them.
So as I used also a dagger I leveled with Whirling blades & Viper strike and it was really really better ^^.

But back to the Shadow Build of yours :)
Did you ever think about switching ambidextry at a certain moment of your leveling (aroud 45-50 maybe) ?
I think it could be done with no big or difficult changes ?
This way you could have a lot more crit chance and/or damage crit ?
or easier just switching weapons between 1 dagger & Shield / 2 daggers for WB & VS ?

I think I 'll try when I get enough time for .

Thanks again and 've a good time playing PoE ;=)

glad to know that it helped u! :) also, another option u might want to consider when facing up to elemental resis bosses is to spam summon skellys linked with minion damage gem. they do a heck load of damage as well.

in terms of ambidexterity, isn't that near the bottom of the tree towards the duelist side of the tree? or do u mean dual wielding? if so, yes that would yield extra dps. and ur welcome to do so! :) but i prefer my build to be more balanced so i don't die that often so i prefer 1h + shield :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
I'm currently in the process of trying this build from a witch's perspective (because I like the witch more than the shadow for some reason) and it's working fine so far.

Only thing I can say though, if you're new and want to try this build out, go with the Shadow. Witch works fine and at higher levels it's essentially the same build, but it does start a lot slower due to the lack of damage talents close to your starting point.

So far I'm having a ton of fun, and it seems this is likely to become my main build after the open beta wipe. Thanks for posting it here!
Last edited by Caimath on Aug 12, 2012, 4:41:41 PM
"
Caimath wrote:
I'm currently in the process of trying this build from a witch's perspective (because I like the witch more than the shadow for some reason) and it's working fine so far.

Only thing I can say though, if you're new and want to try this build out, go with the Shadow. Witch works fine and at higher levels it's essentially the same build, but it does start a lot slower due to the lack of damage talents close to your starting point.

So far I'm having a ton of fun, and it seems this is likely to become my main build after the open beta wipe. Thanks for posting it here!

darn ur the opposite of me. (i like the shadow more than the witch) and ya i can imagine the witch would have a pretty hard time at the start. more caster than dagger dps i would imagine. you're welcome! :)
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Aug 12, 2012, 7:56:07 PM
I'm really liking this build. It's been kind of hard to find good es equipment but I am having a lot of fun playing with this. I'm going to try it in hc soon, and see how far I get before I die.Thanks for posting this!
"
Insozz wrote:
I'm really liking this build. It's been kind of hard to find good es equipment but I am having a lot of fun playing with this. I'm going to try it in hc soon, and see how far I get before I die.Thanks for posting this!

glad to know ur having fun :) you're welcome!
Build of the Week 14
Just wanted to bump this and say that I am having a blast playing this as well. One quick question, what bandit reward do you usually take?
Personally i would always pick the skill point with this build. The only real reason to pick anything else, would be more survivability in hardcore, but you can't get any es and resist are easy to cap with gear.

"
Skrigg wrote:
Just wanted to bump this and say that I am having a blast playing this as well. One quick question, what bandit reward do you usually take?

"
Caimath wrote:
Personally i would always pick the skill point with this build. The only real reason to pick anything else, would be more survivability in hardcore, but you can't get any es and resist are easy to cap with gear.

yup what Caimath said. the only other thing worth taking is HP, but as we're CI users, HP is irrelevant and the extra skill points (total of 4) would help alot
Build of the Week 14
Have you ever tried using Dual Wielding with this build?

I've been doing a lot of skill tree building / researching lately, as a preparation for the open beta, as I am still undecided on my character / build post wipe.

This build has so far been the main focus of my skill building as I really love the concept. Unfortunately I don't really enjoy running around with a shield, unless I play a full tank character. Because of this, I've been trying to 'adapt' the build so to speak, to make it work with dual wielding.

Basically it's just removing the shield talents and replacing them with the Blinding Speed node, as well as a few more points in the Nullification circle to compensate a little with the survivability loss. I'm thinking the implicit attack speed boost from dual wielding as well as the blinding speed boost would up the damage enough to make it at least viable.

A counterpoint to the attack speed boosts would of course be the mana cost, that'd probably be the hardest challenge to overcome. Not quite sure how to counter this yet.

Keep in mind, I play in a group of 3 and in softcore 90% of the time, so I don't necessarily need massive survivability as damage is split.

Obviously I plan on keeping a backup shield in my stash to use whenever I want to play solo.

Thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info