[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
Caimath wrote:
Have you ever tried using Dual Wielding with this build?

I've been doing a lot of skill tree building / researching lately, as a preparation for the open beta, as I am still undecided on my character / build post wipe.

This build has so far been the main focus of my skill building as I really love the concept. Unfortunately I don't really enjoy running around with a shield, unless I play a full tank character. Because of this, I've been trying to 'adapt' the build so to speak, to make it work with dual wielding.

Basically it's just removing the shield talents and replacing them with the Blinding Speed node, as well as a few more points in the Nullification circle to compensate a little with the survivability loss. I'm thinking the implicit attack speed boost from dual wielding as well as the blinding speed boost would up the damage enough to make it at least viable.

A counterpoint to the attack speed boosts would of course be the mana cost, that'd probably be the hardest challenge to overcome. Not quite sure how to counter this yet.

Keep in mind, I play in a group of 3 and in softcore 90% of the time, so I don't necessarily need massive survivability as damage is split.

Obviously I plan on keeping a backup shield in my stash to use whenever I want to play solo.

Thoughts?

I used to be in your camp, disdaining shields on non-tank characters. However, I tried out tempest shield on a whim and now I don't know if I will ever level a melee character that doesn't have tempest shield. It is, by far, my favorite skill in the game. Tempest Shield + Elemental Proliferation with a decent block chance is just all kinds of awesome. Plus it looks badass and has the coolest lightsaber sound effects ever. Ev-er.

Edited for spellink
Last edited by Kianto on Aug 20, 2012, 1:04:25 AM
"
Kianto wrote:
"
Caimath wrote:
Have you ever tried using Dual Wielding with this build?

I've been doing a lot of skill tree building / researching lately, as a preparation for the open beta, as I am still undecided on my character / build post wipe.

This build has so far been the main focus of my skill building as I really love the concept. Unfortunately I don't really enjoy running around with a shield, unless I play a full tank character. Because of this, I've been trying to 'adapt' the build so to speak, to make it work with dual wielding.

Basically it's just removing the shield talents and replacing them with the Blinding Speed node, as well as a few more points in the Nullification circle to compensate a little with the survivability loss. I'm thinking the implicit attack speed boost from dual wielding as well as the blinding speed boost would up the damage enough to make it at least viable.

A counterpoint to the attack speed boosts would of course be the mana cost, that'd probably be the hardest challenge to overcome. Not quite sure how to counter this yet.

Keep in mind, I play in a group of 3 and in softcore 90% of the time, so I don't necessarily need massive survivability as damage is split.

Obviously I plan on keeping a backup shield in my stash to use whenever I want to play solo.

Thoughts?

I used to be in your camp, disdaining shields on non-tank characters. However, I tried out tempest shield on a whim and now I don't know if I will ever level a melee character that doesn't have tempest shield. It is, by far, my favorite skill in the game. Tempest Shield + Elemental Proliferation with a decent block chance is just all kinds of awesome. Plus it looks badass and has the coolest lightsaber sound effects ever. Ev-er.

Edited for spellink

heya yup you can edit the build all you want to suit your playstyle :) for me personally I prefer a dagger + shield style as this build is suited for HC mode where survivability > everything else. in softcore, survivability isn't that important and dual wield will give more dps and as which will be pretty fun as well.

I also designed this build in view of PvP as well actually as I wanted a shield for the extra block chance and ES so that I can tank heavy strike marauders long enough to viper/kite them as marauders are just too OP atm to 1v1 them and win, especially if they have resolute technique, which means your evasion is worth nothing. the shield however can negate that as the extra block chance can negate resolute technique somewhat
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Oh I can certainly understand where you are coming from, and I have been running with a shield so far. I was just wondering if any of you had ever tried it.

It's looking more and more likely that this'll be my build of choice. High mobility, good damage and ranged capabilities as well as decent survivability. What more can you ask for? It's just too much fun to pass up. :P
"
Caimath wrote:
Oh I can certainly understand where you are coming from, and I have been running with a shield so far. I was just wondering if any of you had ever tried it.

It's looking more and more likely that this'll be my build of choice. High mobility, good damage and ranged capabilities as well as decent survivability. What more can you ask for? It's just too much fun to pass up. :P

glad to know ur enjoying it! :)
Build of the Week 14
will be updating the build for 0.9.12 once that comes out.

there will be a new es leech keystone coming out in that patch. i'm not convinced however that it'll be better than normal es regen. i'll see where it's located in the new tree before deciding whether to go for it
Build of the Week 14
updated guide to reflect new build, adding in game screenshots soon
Build of the Week 14
in game screen shots added
Build of the Week 14
I love the build Invalesco but i'm in ruthless and struggling hard with rare Necros especially in a room with up to at least 20 skeletons.

Even without necros i still lack survivability as a whole. I am not wearing a shield atm because i was planning on going dual wield but i get the feeling i might really need the shield.

I'm at lvl 46 with around 1.1k dps but when i shift+attack i often find my projectile not reaching or hitting my targets. I know i've been having a lot of desync lately but even with an 88% hit rate i seem to miss a lot. Have you experienced anything like this before? It seems i've lost an entire level in xp lolz.

Edit 1: I have 466 hp and 772 es (running discipline). It might be a bit on the low side but i don't really know for sure.

Edit 2: Sometimes in big crowds i try to whirling blades back and forth but most times i find it does not connect at all or has some delayed on-hit detection.
Last edited by Ezciel on Sep 10, 2012, 1:41:59 PM
"
Ezciel wrote:
I love the build Invalesco but i'm in ruthless and struggling hard with rare Necros especially in a room with up to at least 20 skeletons.

Even without necros i still lack survivability as a whole. I am not wearing a shield atm because i was planning on going dual wield but i get the feeling i might really need the shield.

I'm at lvl 46 with around 1.1k dps but when i shift+attack i often find my projectile not reaching or hitting my targets. I know i've been having a lot of desync lately but even with an 88% hit rate i seem to miss a lot. Have you experienced anything like this before? It seems i've lost an entire level in xp lolz.

Edit 1: I have 466 hp and 772 es (running discipline). It might be a bit on the low side but i don't really know for sure.

Edit 2: Sometimes in big crowds i try to whirling blades back and forth but most times i find it does not connect at all or has some delayed on-hit detection.

heya, yup 466 hp and 772 es is definitely on the low side. your dps is decent though, but i tend to prefer focusing more on survivability. I presume ur still in act1? try to stack some hp items such as leather belts, they'll get ur hp up. by the time u reach ruthless act2 though, even 900 hp will not suffice. it'll be better to stack up es and go for CI in act2 or the chaos mobs will melt you.

In terms of fighting necros or any other mobs for now, there are a few tactics. see which one suits you best.

1. get the detonate dead skill gem, and detonate each skelly after you kill it.
2. if your resists are strong, go straight to the necro, viper him till he gets 4 viper charges, run back out of the room, and then only kill the undead mobs when the necro is dead.
3. get a summon skelly totem, place it strategically where it can cast summon skellys and distract the mobs, then use option 2. (by far my favourite)

Build of the Week 14
hey i have been following this build and im now lvl 45 and im in ruthless act 2..

i got 1200 es with dicipline..
but my dps is just horrible..

i cant kill anything..

know what i could do to make me more awesome :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info