[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
Ezciel wrote:
I think this build is pretty dependent on gear, am i right Invalesco? Actually in general i feel shadows are pretty hard to gear up

This is the chara i've prolly spent the most orbs on trying to roll the right gear, especially trying to get nice ES/Eva rolls. My shadow has finally turned out to be quite decent although if i take a barrage from spells i do end up dying.

Would you recommend a slow dagger like
Unavailable

or
Unavailable

The slow dagger has very high phys dmg and the 1.5 dagger has nice ele dmg

heya! yup shadows in general are pretty tough to gear up, and this build can be quite tough early on and will require alot of sensible gearing/hp stacking early on and not ES-stacking from the start.

i'd say just go for the one that gives u the higher DPS on ur tooltip. tbh though i would prefer the faster dagger unless u have faster attack gems to link to your main attacks then the slower one will do :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Invalesco, your the man. I stumbled across your build a few weeks ago and its given me a lot of guidance and insight to constructing my own CI shadow.

I do have a question though, in the early version of this guide you were rocking Tempest Shield. Granted, Tempest Shield was never a crucial component of the build, but you mentioned that you really appreciated its benefits. I was curious what factos lead you to jettison the skill. Was it the mana burden it imposed, or was their a more strategic reason to not utilize it? I myself always seem to be making duel wielding characters, don't know why, I just like them I suppose, so I have no ARPG experience with shields. But I am trying to weigh the benefits and disadvantages of using a shield.

In your opinion, in a PvP situation, do you think that the additional time bought by shield blocks (and thus allowing ES regeneration) is significant enough to outweigh the attack speed increase (thus triggering additional ES leaching). Granted there are a lot of variables at play (block chance, DPS, attack speed, ES regen, etc.) but all things being equal whats your thoughts on this? There must be some brightline that determines when shields are superior to duel wielding, do you have any sense where that might be?

----
also, once again, thanks for the excellent guide, yours is the highest quality I'v yet seen on the forums. Also, you should totally submit your character into the build of the week!
----
Too much of anything is bad, but too much Path of Exile is barely enough.
"
MulDoom wrote:
Invalesco, your the man. I stumbled across your build a few weeks ago and its given me a lot of guidance and insight to constructing my own CI shadow.

I do have a question though, in the early version of this guide you were rocking Tempest Shield. Granted, Tempest Shield was never a crucial component of the build, but you mentioned that you really appreciated its benefits. I was curious what factos lead you to jettison the skill. Was it the mana burden it imposed, or was their a more strategic reason to not utilize it? I myself always seem to be making duel wielding characters, don't know why, I just like them I suppose, so I have no ARPG experience with shields. But I am trying to weigh the benefits and disadvantages of using a shield.

In your opinion, in a PvP situation, do you think that the additional time bought by shield blocks (and thus allowing ES regeneration) is significant enough to outweigh the attack speed increase (thus triggering additional ES leaching). Granted there are a lot of variables at play (block chance, DPS, attack speed, ES regen, etc.) but all things being equal whats your thoughts on this? There must be some brightline that determines when shields are superior to duel wielding, do you have any sense where that might be?

----
also, once again, thanks for the excellent guide, yours is the highest quality I'v yet seen on the forums. Also, you should totally submit your character into the build of the week!
----

basically if you are playing HC, unless you have a build entirely devoted to defense, like a life node focused mara, or maybe a few other builds... you just use a shield, always, there's nothing to think about whatsoever, the shield slightly reduces your dps, and vastly improves survival chances...

however in non-HC, well... really who cares? would you rather die once a day or once a week or once a month? does it really matter? not that much, so if you want to boost your dps go ahead.
"
MulDoom wrote:

----
----

heya thanks! i might consider submitting it, who knows ;)

as for in a PvP situation, yes, shield blocks will come in very handy especially when facing maras with resolute technique. they will not miss their attacks, hence the only thing stopping them from hitting you is your block chance. As CI users, we are very prone to getting stunned, and if you let maras get their hit in, especially if they use skills like heavy strike linked with another stun support gem, you might just find yourself getting stunned till you die without being able to hit back/escape to es regen.

edit: also, i'm currently not using tempest shield because i'm currently favouring hatred over it, and i can't run both hatred and tempest shield or else I won't have enough mana :)
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Sep 14, 2012, 7:07:00 PM
Hi Invalesco,

I dont know if someone allready brought it, but:
Wouldn't it be better to go for Mental Acuity (20 int, 30% crit node) from the bottom (2 projectile and 2 ele nodes) instead? as the 2 int nodes it takes to get there from the top are not rly required.
For Lightning strike, both projectile and ele dmg should be a nice upgrade, considering you get 12% more projectile and 10% more ele dmg for 2 more skill points spent than in your current skillplan.
IGN:

Kilowattski
"
turiski wrote:
Hi Invalesco,

I dont know if someone allready brought it, but:
Wouldn't it be better to go for Mental Acuity (20 int, 30% crit node) from the bottom (2 projectile and 2 ele nodes) instead? as the 2 int nodes it takes to get there from the top are not rly required.
For Lightning strike, both projectile and ele dmg should be a nice upgrade, considering you get 12% more projectile and 10% more ele dmg for 2 more skill points spent than in your current skillplan.

heya! sorry for the late reply, was involved in the 1 week hc race and it was a pretty intense finish! followed this build, will post gear and a video on gameplay later on to prove once and for all that dagger shadows = op! ;)

as to your suggestion, that is a good thing you brought up! and yes, i did consider going for mental acuity from below but decided against it in the end because:

1. it will cost 2 extra points and i don't feel it's worth it as 12% more projectile dmg and 10% more ele dmg isn't that great when considering that you have to spend 4 points to get those, and also because they will only help lightning strike and not many of my other skills.

2. 20 Int isn't that bad, because it gives +10 base mana and increases maximum ES by 4%
Build of the Week 14
just finished the 1 week HC race as no. 1 shadow and 9th best character. Proving that this build is viable in HC!

for those interested in my build/gear/gameplay during the 1 week race:

Skill Tree Build
Level 77

Gameplay Video
Coves Run

Gear and Gems
Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Flasks
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Aura Staff
Unavailable

Current gem links: Post-weapon swap aura removal patch
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

edit: posted flasks
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Oct 1, 2012, 7:54:25 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The hardest thing in HC is killing Vaal Oversoul at Merciless/Ruthless. Is it difficult to finish this act 2 boss with this type of Shadow ? I have never played in HC with melee heroes on higher levels... I'm too afraid about this fight.
Last edited by miciek335 on Sep 19, 2012, 10:13:30 AM
"
miciek335 wrote:
The hardest thing in HC is killing Vaal Oversoul at Merciless/Ruthless. Is it difficult to finish this act 2 boss with this type of Shadow ? I have never played in HC with melee heroes on higher levels... I'm too afraid about this fight.

it is intimidating that's for sure, but as long as u max fire and lightning resists and get >4.5K es with the right skills, it can be much easier than u think. i never got below 4.2k es fighting merci oversoul at level 58.

mainly used viper strike on him and LS on minions then dodging his laser and stuff
Build of the Week 14
That 1 Week gear is better than my shadows gear and i played him for like 2 months now :-/ How did you get such awesome gear in that short time? Was trading/partying enabled during the race?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info