[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

finally levelled my L28 pvp character! :)

Information on him can be found below:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55050/page/1/#p694706

Video of him in action in his virgin PvP battle is here: Invalesco_PvP in action!

I probably will not write a guide on him, idk it depends. I believe his build will probably get balanced anyway so I'll withhold on spending too much time explaining how his gameplay is. The above link and video should give you a pretty good idea anyway!

Meanwhile, in other news: i'm planning to start another project: this time to try and create a pure evasion + acrobatics dagger shadow. will let you guys know what it's like once i draft up a build for him.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Nov 2, 2012, 10:21:21 AM
"
Invalesco wrote:
finally levelled my L28 pvp character! :)

Information on him can be found below:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55050/page/1/#p694706

Video of him in action in his virgin PvP battle is here: Invalesco_PvP in action!

I probably will not write a guide on him, idk it depends. I believe his build will probably get balanced anyway so I'll withhold on spending too much time explaining how his gameplay is. The above link and video should give you a pretty good idea anyway!

Meanwhile, in other news: i'm planning to start another project: this time to try and create a pure evasion + acrobatics dagger shadow. will let you guys know what it's like once i draft up a build for him.

Lol, I hope PvP will be a bit different at merciless, that just looks weird.
On another note: I am doing a pure Eva shadow right now, but guess which weapon I chose...

And I wanted to keep it a secret :-(
Last edited by Victo on Nov 2, 2012, 11:36:13 AM
"
Invalesco wrote:

Im curious how this turns out for you. I just specd out of Acrobatics & Phase. My experience wasn't completely awful. I didn't have full evasion as I'm assuming you are. Was at only 22% evade but 2.4k hp.

Given the nature of dodge, its difficult to gauge how effective it is. I do think it can be viable with evasion cranked.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
Last edited by Tyranthal on Nov 2, 2012, 11:37:43 AM
"
Victo wrote:

Lol, I hope PvP will be a bit different at merciless, that just looks weird.
On another note: I am doing a pure Eva shadow right now, but guess which weapon I chose...

And I wanted to keep it a secret :-(

haha i've got some footage of what pvp is like in merci vict, and to be honest i much prefer level 28 pvp! much more fun and tactical.

oh.. :( you can have that project then! i'll probably do something else other than a dagger :) do let us know what your findings are! Especially since you're starting it off in HC. Respect!

"
Tyranthal wrote:

Im curious how this turns out for you. I just specd out of Acrobatics & Phase. My experience wasn't completely awful. I didn't have full evasion as I'm assuming you are. Was at only 22% evade but 2.4k hp.

Given the nature of dodge, its difficult to gauge how effective it is. I do think it can be viable with evasion cranked.

Ya, i was planning to do high evasion + high block. I might do something different now that vict's doing it in hardcore :)
Build of the Week 14
Oh I think my post was unclear, I am going for Claws not daggers.
Also I am going Dualwield again so that I have played DW-Claws with ES, Armor and Eva and can give my opinion on which worked the best.

I did play an eva+block ranger prewipe though, but didn't like it (it was a halfhearted project without much preparation to be fair).
Ok I'll stick to daggers then :)

also, here's the thread of all my L28 PvP character's gameplay videos if anyone is interested.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55419

:D
Build of the Week 14
"
Victo wrote:
Also I am going Dualwield again so that I have played DW-Claws with ES, Armor and Eva and can give my opinion on which worked the best.

I did play an eva+block ranger prewipe though, but didn't like it (it was a halfhearted project without much preparation to be fair).

A quick update: Shadow is level 56 at the moment and ready to go for vaal. Unfortunately I've run out of time for now so it will take a couple of days until I will have a chance to do my first maps with the character :-(.

Last edited by Victo on Nov 5, 2012, 11:48:46 AM
"
Victo wrote:
"
Victo wrote:

A quick update: Shadow is level 56 at the moment and ready to go for vaal. Unfortunately I've run out of time for now so it will take a couple of days until I will have a chance to do my first maps with the character :-(.

oh ah well :/ also, it looks like boomjoose is doing the same project as you haha. but he's level 40. he's looking to catch up though! :p
Build of the Week 14
Have you tried going dual wield with dual strike for first x levels?
I still use Dual Strike since I am dualwielding claws.
Actually I always go dualstrike from level 1 when I play a meleeshadow :-)
Last edited by Victo on Nov 5, 2012, 2:32:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info