[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

I know every single mechanic of the game, and yes you are right because this is what mark said once:

"The duration/effect of elemental status ailments on CI users is based on what their life would be if they didn't have CI, not on 1."

But that doesn't mean you get frozen for 3.33 seconds every single time you take just a little cold damage crit... You get as much resists as possible, to lower to damage below the cap. You can go run around with 20% all resists, but I prefer to run around with 75% all resists and not get every status ailment for max duration every time I get critted lol.

And there is really no single valid reason to pick up the 4% physical damage 8% accuracy node over 8% all resists. It's still ATLEAST -8% damage from any elemental source and reduces burn damage ( ATLEAST because 67% -> 75% = +-25% less damage ) And you should already be hit-capped with those other accuracy nodes ( that i didn't take either because i get accuracy from my helmet and weapon which is more then enough ).

Here is what I would do compared to your build:
Remake

Differences:
+32% all resists - Must have
+15% Elemental Damage AND +20% Lightning Damage
+5% Shock Chance
+24% Projectile Damage which comes in really handy for Lightning Strike
+16% Evasion Rating
+28% Energy Shield

-60% Crit Damage
-8% Physical Damage
-16% Accuracy Rating
-1 Frenzy Charge
-A bunch of useless attributes -50 int, -60 str, -60 dex

+15% Elemental damage +20% Lightning Damage +5% shock chance > +60% Crit damage ( you should already have like +300% Crit damage so its only 20% more crit damage, and thats about 8% dps increase with your crit chance )

Really don't need more accuracy or physical damage as it won't matter more then 1%

Attributes are totally useless, they really dont give anything you need ( mana, health and little evasion ) you just need enough for your gear which will only be dex + int which you both get more then enough. Strenght you dont need at all as you have no strenght gems other then lightning strike which you should keep at level 1?

My 2 cents.
Last edited by Struyk on Nov 6, 2012, 3:20:22 PM
Firstly, I'd like to thank you Struyk for taking an interest in my guide. I am indeed honoured to be graced by thee presence oh great one. Thank you also for attempting to remake it. It is with great regret however that I must reject your recommendations. Not because they are inferior! Hardly! It's just that they are far too superior such that one such as I cannot help but be ashamed to admit that they are better than whatever I have come up with. However, I do hope that you will give me a chance to set up my feeble defences against thy overwhelming might.

I will now attempt to address the issues you raised one by one. Please try and keep calm while reading, lest your heart burst with anger over the audaciousness of what I am about to say. I do hereby apologise in advance for whatever distress that I may be about to cause you.

"
Struyk wrote:

Remake

Differences:
+5% Shock Chance
+16% Evasion Rating
+28% Energy Shield

-60% Crit Damage
-8% Physical Damage
-16% Accuracy Rating
-1 Frenzy Charge

+15% Elemental damage +20% Lightning Damage +5% shock chance > +60% Crit damage ( you should already have like +300% Crit damage so its only 20% more crit damage, and thats about 8% dps increase with your crit chance )

Really don't need more accuracy or physical damage as it won't matter more then 1%

Attributes are totally useless, they really dont give anything you need ( mana, health and little evasion ) you just need enough for your gear which will only be dex + int which you both get more then enough. Strenght you dont need at all as you have no strenght gems other then lightning strike which you should keep at level 1?

Unfortunately it appears that you have not at all read what this guide is about, which I do not blame you of course, as one such as you probably did not read everything that I have so painstakingly typed, as it is probably not worthy of your time. I will also presume that what you have calculated is accurate and will not double check for it as to do so would be to doubt your honesty, which is inconceivable!

Since you did not read my character's stats, let me hereby repost them here and show then to you.

Stats
Spoiler
Flicker Strike

Lightning Strike

Double Strike

If you read the title of this thread, it is Crit Dagger Shadow not Lightning Strike Dagger Shadow. I have 3 primary attack skills. As you can see, other than for Lightning Strike, the majority of my damage is PHYSICAL rather than Lightning. What you are proposing MIGHT improve my Lightning Strike's projectile DPS but at the consequence of sacrificing the DPS from the other 2 which is not desirable for my playstyle.

Also, BLOOD RAGE is %leech from PHYSICAL DAMAGE not All damage. What you are proposing will end up decreasing my overall Physical Damage due to crits and what not, thereby causing my character to leech less ES and consequently be weaker even though you increased its %ES/%EV by a little bit.

Speaking of which,

A bunch of useless attributes -50 int, -60 str, -60 dex translates to -10% ES, -100 mana points, -12% melee physical Damage, -12% evasion and -120 accuracy.

Which means that i'll have to correct your calculated differences. (even though I said I would not! Sigh... poor old dishonest me)

In other words, these should be the differences between your build and mine:
Spoiler
Yours
+5% Shock Chance
+4% Evasion Rating
+18% Energy Shield
Mine
-60% Crit Damage
-120 Accuracy rating
-8% Physical Damage + 12% Melee Physical Damage
-16% Accuracy Rating
-1 Frenzy Charge
-100 Mana

"
Struyk wrote:
I know every single mechanic of the game, and yes you are right because this is what mark said once:

"The duration/effect of elemental status ailments on CI users is based on what their life would be if they didn't have CI, not on 1."

But that doesn't mean you get frozen for 3.33 seconds every single time you take just a little cold damage crit... You get as much resists as possible, to lower to damage below the cap. You can go run around with 20% all resists, but I prefer to run around with 75% all resists and not get every status ailment for max duration every time I get critted lol.

And there is really no single valid reason to pick up the 4% physical damage 8% accuracy node over 8% all resists. It's still ATLEAST -8% damage from any elemental source and reduces burn damage ( ATLEAST because 67% -> 75% = +-25% less damage ) And you should already be hit-capped with those other accuracy nodes ( that i didn't take either because i get accuracy from my helmet and weapon which is more then enough ).

It gladdens my heart that you said that I am right. You don't know how much that means to me! My heart is literally melting with joy at the point of typing this post. However, I have bolded the areas where I must regrettably inform you that you are WRONG :/

The points you have mentioned that are inaccurate are:
1. You can go run around with 20% all resists
2. there is really no single valid reason to pick up the 4% physical damage 8% accuracy node over 8% all resists
3. that doesn't mean you get frozen for 3.33 seconds every single time you take just a little cold damage crit
4. not get every status ailment for max duration every time I get critted lol

To disprove points 1 and 2. Let me show you my gear:
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Calculating the total amount of resists including the 20% to all from the 2 x nullification nodes = 138% Fire Resists, 117% cold resists, 119% lightning resists.
In merciless, that translates to 78% fire resists, 57 cold resists and 59% light resists. With a granite flask of resistance, I can cap all of them. How am I running around with 20% to all resists and why would I want to get 4x8% resists when I can improve my DPS? Especially Accuracy, which is very very important for a Crit Character, which I will not go on to elaborate as you know every single mechanic of the game and hence must know why accuracy is important for a crit character.

To disprove points 3 and 4, let me show you a little video:
Level 69 Necropolis Rare Map Run

Go ahead and dislike it! I'm sure you're itching to dislike something right now ;)

But before you do, fast forward to 6:48 there, with my paltry 57% cold resists I got frozen and chilled for max duration! Damn, must have been due to my poor resists.

Now, keep watching I head back to replace my Ruby ring with my Dream Fragments, which put me at 86% cold resists. Now I head back to fight the Merveill Boss again. According to your theory I should have my chill duration reduced this time. But no, it's still maximum chill duration, even at 75% cold resists.

In light of what you have said Struyk, I am beginning to believe that you probably have not played any CI character at an end-game level recently. Perhaps you should now take the time to start building a character to merciless rather than spend time poring over forum posts created by poor mortals such as I.

Oh by the way, I do not have accuracy on my helmet unlike you, hence I appreciate every accuracy node I can find.

Yours sincerely,
Inva
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Sorry bro but you really have to explain me why you would prefer your build over mine?

Differences:
+5% Shock Chance
+16% Evasion Rating
+28% Energy Shield

-60% Crit Damage
-8% Physical Damage
-16% Accuracy Rating
-1 Frenzy Charge

1. More survivability which is more important then more dps as you oneshot mobs anyway?
2. More dps ( 99% sure that 15% elemental, 20% lightning damage, 5% shock and 24% projectile damage is more then the 60% crit damage and 8% physical.

and 4-5 points to get 12% melee damage or 4-5 points to get 12% evasion is good?

I got a level 81 shadow still in hardcore, and a 78 witch using CI in normal.
Played over 600 hours, farmed 692 gcp worth in orbs, Erki and a mirror. I know how to play.

Anyone with normal gear ( yours is pretty much best u could get ) would need elemental resists.

Also, not interested in your dps stats, post ur defensive stats. Why would you want 12k dps? What enemy needs 12k dps to be killed? As long as you oneshot blue mobs whats the problem?

I honestly took your build serious, untill i saw you took 4 points to get to Mental Aquity ( or whatever its called, the 30% crit chance and +20 int node ) and didn't get the resist rewards from bandits hahahahah
Last edited by Struyk on Nov 6, 2012, 6:18:49 PM
Not trying to stir the pot, but I am curious...what other account(s) do you play on, Struyk? No such characters exist on any of the ladders for your account. Invalesco has done well during races and building up his softcore shadow. You guys might have differing opinions, but he seems to know the mechanics very well.

I have also seen some of your Marauder builds, Struyk, where you took an accuracy only node after getting Resolute Technique. This may have been a mistake, but for someone who is proud to have played this game for over 600 hours, it seems like a colossal oversight. There are a few other things (inefficient passives) that a neophyte such as myself found in some of your other builds, but maybe they were just mistakes while you were being creative.

Getting the resist nodes might be fine if you never plan on going to the end-end-game like Invalesco, but I think taking the passive point for maximum DPS and getting resists via gear is the right call in the long run.
"
spiritplx wrote:
Not trying to stir the pot, but I am curious...what other account(s) do you play on, Struyk? No such characters exist on any of the ladders for your account. Invalesco has done well during races and building up his softcore shadow. You guys might have differing opinions, but he seems to know the mechanics very well.

I have also seen some of your Marauder builds, Struyk, where you took an accuracy only node after getting Resolute Technique. This may have been a mistake, but for someone who is proud to have played this game for over 600 hours, it seems like a colossal oversight. There are a few other things (inefficient passives) that a neophyte such as myself found in some of your other builds, but maybe they were just mistakes while you were being creative.

Getting the resist nodes might be fine if you never plan on going to the end-end-game like Invalesco, but I think taking the passive point for maximum DPS and getting resists via gear is the right call in the long run.

Haha I updated passive tree and forgot about the node, sorry!
My main account will be kept secret because this one has bad reputation for months now haha
I, for one, will not spend exalteds to get resists on my gear. The +32% all resists over 4 skill points is a huge difference, because the 4 skill points are like +2% dps or a few stat points.
Thanks spiritplx :) appreciate your standing up for me, but I think we're going to have to stop feeding the troll.

You know what Struyk, you're right. you're the boss. OK? let the players choose for themselves whose guide they want to follow. I've already said my piece and I'm gonna leave it at that. Not going to respond to you any further. I refuse to let this thread degrade into a garbage fest for you to satisfy your own personal ego. If you want to continue, go back to your thread and continue it, or better yet, post your build and mine under General Discussion and see what all the other players think.

You won't get any more responses from me here.
Build of the Week 14
Edit: Double Post
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Nov 6, 2012, 6:27:23 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:
Thanks spiritplx :) appreciate your standing up for me, but I think we're going to have to stop feeding the troll.

You know what Struyk, you're right. you're the boss. OK? let the players choose for themselves whose guide they want to follow. I've already said my piece and I'm gonna leave it at that. Not going to respond to you any further. I refuse to let this thread degrade into a garbage fest for you to satisfy your own personal ego. If you want to continue, go back to your thread and continue it, or better yet, post your build and mine under General Discussion and see what all the other players think.

You won't get any more responses from me here.

HAHA I make a valid point and u won't reply anymore, typical :D
"
Struyk wrote:
I got a level 81 shadow still in hardcore

The only 81+ shadow in hardcore (standard or legacy) is mine (KoTaoEvent).

Perhaps youve forgotten your class?
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
"
Struyk wrote:
I got a level 81 shadow still in hardcore

The only 81+ shadow in hardcore (standard or legacy) is mine (KoTaoEvent).

Perhaps youve forgotten your class?

Removed all chars on my other account, but to be fair he wasnt 81 but 75 lol. Couldn't bother playing more with open beta close, was just waste of time running maps. He COULDNT die even if I was desynced for like 20 seconds haha
Last edited by Struyk on Nov 6, 2012, 8:22:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info