Xbox servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

This guide is awesome and I'm trying it in these days.

Just a question, are the skill points of the skill tree progression correct?
Here's the part:

"
Invalesco wrote:

Skill Tree Progression
31 Points Approx Level 28, just before facing Normal Vaal Oversoul
45 Points Approx Level 38, just before facing Cruel Vaal Oversoul
59 Points Approx Level 48, just before facing Ruthless Vaal Oversoul [NON-CI]
59 Points Approx Level 48, just before facing Ruthless Vaal Oversoul [CI]
75 Points Approx Level 60, just before facing Merciless Vaal Oversoul
84 Points Approx Level 69, End-game build

95 Points Approx Level 80, End-End-game build v1
95 Points Approx Level 80, End-End-game build v2

Shouldn't the skill points be 30 at level 28? And 43 at level 38 and so on?

I did all the quests but I only gain 3 more passives points and not 4 per difficulty so 27 from the levels and 3 for the quests = 30.

In fact in the end game builds they can't be 95 at level 80 because if you level up another 20 times you should finish at 115 but the max is 111.

Or am I missing one point somewhere?
You get a passive skillpoint for killing all bandits.
"
Victo wrote:

Yeah but why would you not get the +8% all resists? :S
Well, this build doesnt necessarily need maxed out resistances except for cold because you wont get nuked by casters thanks to the huge ES-Pool.
I dont know if this build can pull it off with 6% Lifeleech, but with my ES-Clawshadow I've been regaining life faster than i could lose it, even post patch where my Fire & Lightning resistances have been somewhere in the 10-2% range.

But you have a point because it will take a long time to get sufficient gear and until then you will want to have resistances maxed.

E: And even without taking resistances it is possible to max out since you get 20% allresi from passives, which leaves you at a mere 40% malus.
Last edited by Victo on Nov 5, 2012, 5:54:25 PM
made a post regarding the resistance changes and how they would affect this build back in early October before they actually kicked in:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/42623/page/9#p667878

Was just a personal opinion. In short,

Long run --> extra skill point is better
Race situation --> resists is better

as explained in the above-linked post.

It's not that tough to get good resists on gear, albeit sacrificing a bit of dps along the way. It is tough however to get good resists AND good dps on gear, and that's the challenge. The equipment my char has is OP I admit in terms of the fact that they have both resists and DPS, but out of the 10 pieces of gear, only 7 of them actually have resists on them, with 1 (the chest) having only 9% resists, yet I managed to reach 75/57/59 on resists which are then subsequently maxed with my granite flasks of resistances.

In other words, if you have the patience to farm and build a powerful character, take the skill point. If you want to reach merci and maps asap, such as in a race for instance, take the resists option.

Of course, you guys are all welcome to disagree if you wish but this is just my opinion. hope that clears up why I chose the skill point! :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Victo wrote:

I know, so what are the 4 quests that reward a passive point?
I only had points for completing the dweller of the deep, fairgraves and the bandits, which one am I missing?

Edit: it's the way forward
Last edited by AlexBecks on Nov 6, 2012, 8:28:53 AM
"
Invalesco wrote:
made a post regarding the resistance changes and how they would affect this build back in early October before they actually kicked in:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/42623/page/9#p667878

Was just a personal opinion. In short,

Long run --> extra skill point is better
Race situation --> resists is better

as explained in the above-linked post.

It's not that tough to get good resists on gear, albeit sacrificing a bit of dps along the way. It is tough however to get good resists AND good dps on gear, and that's the challenge. The equipment my char has is OP I admit in terms of the fact that they have both resists and DPS, but out of the 10 pieces of gear, only 7 of them actually have resists on them, with 1 (the chest) having only 9% resists, yet I managed to reach 75/57/59 on resists which are then subsequently maxed with my granite flasks of resistances.

In other words, if you have the patience to farm and build a powerful character, take the skill point. If you want to reach merci and maps asap, such as in a race for instance, take the resists option.

Of course, you guys are all welcome to disagree if you wish but this is just my opinion. hope that clears up why I chose the skill point! :)

No, the real question is:
What do you prefer? 10% evasion node or 8% all resists? ( 10% evasion = 410% -> 420% = actually 2.5% increase )
Last edited by Struyk on Nov 6, 2012, 10:33:59 AM
"
Struyk wrote:

What do you prefer? 10% evasion node or 8% all resists? ( 10% evasion = 410% -> 420% = actually 2.5% increase )

What 10% evasion node? Do you mean the 10% Evasion + ES node? Also, what is the point of getting 4x8% resists if they're not going to help in preventing status ailments end-game?
Build of the Week 14
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Struyk wrote:

What 10% evasion node? Do you mean the 10% Evasion + ES node? Also, what is the point of getting 4x8% resists if they're not going to help in preventing status ailments end-game?

Another example, you could not take the 2x 4% physical damage / 8% accuracy with daggers and take the 8% resistance reward instead. The dagger node would increase ur dps by about 0.5% lol

To answer your other question:
Shock: 276ms per 1% max life dealt as lightning
Chill: 138ms per 1% max life dealt as cold
Freeze: 100ms per 1% max life dealt as cold
Burn: 1/3 of fire damage per second for 4 seconds

More life = shorter duration
More resists = shorter duration
More resists = less burn damage
life = energy shield
Last edited by Struyk on Nov 6, 2012, 12:39:43 PM
"
Struyk wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Struyk wrote:

Another example, you could not take the 2x 4% physical damage / 8% accuracy with daggers and take the 8% resistance reward instead. The dagger node would increase ur dps by about 0.5% lol

Maybe the dagger node wouldn't increase my dps that significantly, but it's still a DPS increase. And for an int-based character, accuracy is important to me, especially to ensure that my flickers can hit and I can get mana back by using mind drinker.

"
Struyk wrote:
To answer your other question:
Shock: 276ms per 1% max life dealt as lightning
Chill: 138ms per 1% max life dealt as cold
Freeze: 100ms per 1% max life dealt as cold
Burn: 1/3 of fire damage per second for 4 seconds

More life = shorter duration
More resists = shorter duration
More resists = less burn damage
life = energy shield

Now I understand why you keep thinking resists are more important. Your understanding of the game mechanics is flawed.

Allow me to explain this to you.

Take a look at this statement that you wrote:

For instance: Shock: 276ms per 1% max life dealt as lightning.

The bolded characters say it all. it's 1% of max life, not max ES. Life and ES are not the same. The max life of a CI character is based on the amount of life he would have if he removed the CI keystone. Considering most CI users at end-game have about 600-700 would-be max life, and take around 500 elemental damage minimum, which is around 71.4% of their max health, that already far exceeds the capped duration of the shocked status ailment.

Hope that helps in your understanding!
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info