[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

Hey guys,
Looking forward to testing out chain and fork in place of lmp. Also I have a handful of nice mid to high level daggers for sale on hc ill post them here when I get home later.
cheers
HCSSFBTW
0.9.13 Update

Hi everyone, and welcome to our latest major patch update!

Summary on how this patch affects this build:
Basically, the addition of the cluster of life nodes near the start of the Shadow skill tree has made this build much easier at the start both in Default and Hardcore.
Nothing else in terms of the late game strength has been affected.

The addition of the support gem Fork Projectiles has provided additional support for Lightning Strike, strengthening the AOE aspect of this build in mid-game. Will elaborate more below.

In short, this build is still as fun and strong as ever with a powerful boost at the beginning and a smaller boost in the middle!

Changes to this Guide:
Revamped the entire first half of the skill tree progression builds to take advantage of the new life cluster. Also added an alternative build for players who have not yet gotten decent ES gear in Ruthless and cannot yet respec into CI.

Elaborated more on the optimal support gems for LS, especially in view of the new support gems.

Best LS main support combinations, in descending order
1. High quality (>13%) Lightning Strike + LMP + Faster Attacks
2. Low Quality (<14%) Lightning Strike + LMP + Fork Projectiles
3. Low Quality (<14%) Lightning Strike + LMP + Pierce
4. Low Quality (<14%) Lightning Strike + Fork Projectiles
5. Low Quality (<14%) Lightning Strike + LMP

Remember: Projectiles only Fork if they do not Pierce

Chain is also not as useful as Fork because Chain has a 200% mana cost multiplier whereas Fork has only a 125% mana cost multiplier. Chain also has a larger projectile damage penalty as compared to Fork.

PvP Tips MIGHT follow once I experiment with this character.... or I might just keep it secret... ;)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Oct 31, 2012, 9:30:26 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:
0.9.13 Update

Hi everyone, and welcome to our latest major patch update!

Summary on how this patch affects this build:
Basically, the addition of the cluster of life nodes near the start of the Shadow skill tree has made this build much easier at the start both in Default and Hardcore.
Nothing else in terms of the late game strength has been affected.

The addition of the support gem Fork Projectiles has provided additional support for Lightning Strike, strengthening the AOE aspect of this build in mid-game. Will elaborate more below.

In short, this build is still as fun and strong as ever with a powerful boost at the beginning and a smaller boost in the middle!

Changes to this Guide:
Revamped the entire first half of the skill tree progression builds to take advantage of the new life cluster. Also added an alternative build for players who have not yet gotten decent ES gear in Ruthless and cannot yet respec into CI.

Elaborated more on the optimal support gems for LS, especially in view of the new support gems.

Best LS main support combinations, in descending order
1. High quality (>13%) Lightning Strike + LMP + Faster Attacks
2. Low Quality (<14%) Lightning Strike + LMP + Fork Projectiles
3. Low Quality (<14%) Lightning Strike + LMP + Pierce
4. Low Quality (<14%) Lightning Strike + Fork Projectiles
5. Low Quality (<14%) Lightning Strike + LMP

Remember: Projectiles only Fork if they do not Pierce

Chain is also not as useful as Fork because Chain has a 200% mana cost multiplier whereas Fork has only a 125% mana cost multiplier. Chain also has a larger projectile damage penalty as compared to Fork.

PvP Tips MIGHT follow once I experiment with this character.... or I might just keep it secret... ;)

Good post Inval and great guide, I wonder if you took into consideration the post I made on the "0 shadows in top 200" about how the most useful guides "should" include a progress passive build so that people know what HP/ES nodes to take before they can viably go into CI :) Gj though.
He has had the progression trees and tips/information for progressing for several months now. It really makes it easy to follow and is invaluable while leveling up.
"
Desbris wrote:

Good post Inval and great guide, I wonder if you took into consideration the post I made on the "0 shadows in top 200" about how the most useful guides "should" include a progress passive build so that people know what HP/ES nodes to take before they can viably go into CI :) Gj though.

Heya Desbris! :) yup, as spirit mentioned I have had a skilltree progression for quite a while now. was that what you were looking for? I did see your post however so I tried to explain more clearly the need to not spec to CI just for the sake of speccing to CI and added an alternative non-CI build at ruthless in case players couldnt get ES gear in ruthless :)

Was there anything else you wanted me to include to improve upon it? Do let me know! I'd like to improve the guide as well :)
Build of the Week 14
Tons of great tips. Godlike thread for all.
Salute.
MSG me in-game: sivecky

My GMT: +1 Central Europe (Poland)
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Desbris wrote:

Heya Desbris! :) yup, as spirit mentioned I have had a skilltree progression for quite a while now. was that what you were looking for? I did see your post however so I tried to explain more clearly the need to not spec to CI just for the sake of speccing to CI and added an alternative non-CI build at ruthless in case players couldnt get ES gear in ruthless :)

Was there anything else you wanted me to include to improve upon it? Do let me know! I'd like to improve the guide as well :)

Ah right I hadn't actually noticed you already had a progression outlined, my comment was actually in relation to what I said in the other thread "0 shadows in top 200" Where too many guides did not list a progression of passives, I did not realize you actually had already done that before so when I saw on your guide an update with that I thought "oh maybe he saw what I said" ofc not realizing it is something you had already done before hah.

All in all your guide is brilliant for newcomers (and even advanced players), I see too many players complaining about how they die so often and they are using various guides that have little to no HP/ES nodes or anything in relation to that and they wonder why they die so frequently. It is because too many forget to mention those small details about choosing many hp nodes early and refunding at a later date.

But overall great guide, very informative, and one of the best I have seen on the entire site, keep up the great work, I may just have to try a variation of your build in the future :P
Great guide, I started two days ago and have my shadow to 54 now (and it's been a little rough due to gear being outdated, but that'll pass in a few levels, hopefully). One question on the passive tree - what's your thoughts on Lightning element nodes? If I'm not doing any PVP and primarily using Lightning Strike, would Lightning Damage nodes in general, and the Shock node to the right of Mental Acuity in specific, be worth getting?
First PvP Video

PvP Compilation 1

Basically, at the moment there are 2 Tiers of PVP in Path of Exile. One is for Level 28 and below, and the other is unrestricted PVP for Merciless Characters. This is the latter.

Although it may seem the case here, not every PVP duel is a one-shot affair. It's just that this character's equipment is pretty good at the moment. But in the battles where granites are used, curses, other tactical skills etc the battle can be dragged out for longer.

In the process of levelling a L28 toon, oncee I get him up to scratch I'll try and record some lower-tier PVP.

Some interesting observations
- It seems like its worth sacrificing 3k ES for 47% spell block chance and 5% to all max resists against casters.
- If you look closely you can see the Adder's Touch effect on some of the opponents. The green degen-like thing.
- Acro/Evasion with High Block Chance, Blind support and Enfeeble curse is pretty strong. Looks like my build has met its counter.
- Triple Curse + Cold spells is pure evil!
- Bear Trap is useful, but whirling blades can still be used
- Frost wall doesn't seem that useful. It's possible to flicker/whirling blades through
Build of the Week 14
Last edited by Invalesco on Nov 1, 2012, 7:57:02 PM
Thanks guys! :)

"
Finnien wrote:
Great guide, I started two days ago and have my shadow to 54 now (and it's been a little rough due to gear being outdated, but that'll pass in a few levels, hopefully). One question on the passive tree - what's your thoughts on Lightning element nodes? If I'm not doing any PVP and primarily using Lightning Strike, would Lightning Damage nodes in general, and the Shock node to the right of Mental Acuity in specific, be worth getting?

Yes if you just want to focus on Lightning Strike, your priority would be:
1. The 3x8% Projectile Damage nodes
2. The Lightning Damage/shock nodes east of mental acuity and west of deep wisdowm
3. The elemental damage nodes

Hope that helped :)
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info