[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

Kell, I'm getting a huge pickup in LS DPS when I combine added fire damage and weapon elemental damage supports. I suppose because the added fire gem converts such a large portion of my phys dps into elemental, which WED then boosts up hugely too. Do you not find that combo of gems outperforms your crit damage + one other supports for LS?

Petrov.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Kell, I'm getting a huge pickup in LS DPS when I combine added fire damage and weapon elemental damage supports. I suppose because the added fire gem converts such a large portion of my phys dps into elemental, which WED then boosts up hugely too. Do you not find that combo of gems outperforms your crit damage + one other supports for LS?

Petrov.

aye it probably would pet! the problem is the mana cost would be insanely high and I would never be able to get an ES chestpiece with 3R, 2G (Lmp and Mana Leech to try sustain the mana) and one blue
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Petrov.

aye it probably would pet! the problem is the mana cost would be insanely high and I would never be able to get an ES chestpiece with 3R, 2G (Lmp and Mana Leech to try sustain the mana) and one blue

Still, I'd be super curious to see how high you could get your LS DPS if you had a 5L or 6L with 3 red's, just to see...!

Also: + qual Culling Strike - have you tried it instead of, say, Faster Attacks? I hazard it'll give you more dps, be more mana efficient and give you insta kill when <10% hp on mobs. Although far less IAS naturally, so your attacks with crit less frequently?

P.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Petrov.

Still, I'd be super curious to see how high you could get your LS DPS if you had a 5L or 6L with 3 red's, just to see...!

Also: + qual Culling Strike - have you tried it instead of, say, Faster Attacks? I hazard it'll give you more dps, be more mana efficient and give you insta kill when <10% hp on mobs. Although far less IAS naturally, so your attacks with crit less frequently?

P.

haha ok i'll see what I can do and try to get a 4L to see what my DPS can reach without LMP and Mana Leech :)

Right now with faster attacks it gives me 53% increased attack speed.

With 20% Level 18 Culling strike I would get 22% increased damage and 5% increased attack speed.

The DPS increase if any would be fairly minimal, and the Culling Strike effect probably won't be that useful in the long run once your crit chance and crit multiplier start rising with the right gear and the build getting completed.

The faster attacks support I feel is more beneficial because it just adds so much more to the fun factor. This character has quite a fast AS which is pretty fun!

Also, with 60% chance to pierce and 45% crit chance, more attacks in 1 second = more piercing attacks and more crit-ing attacks. If i can get hold of a quality culling strike though i'll be sure to link it to the set-up in place of faster attacks to see what the dps change would be :)
Build of the Week 14
Congratulations Invalesco for being build of the week, this was well earned.
I really enjoy your well-conceived build and the this great guide.

Thank you for your work.
Last edited by medaeus on Oct 28, 2012, 9:34:32 AM
"
medaeus wrote:

Thank you for your work.

I'd echo this - I particularly enjoyed how often Chris uses the words "ridiculous" and "insane" for example.:)

Nice stuff Kell.

Petrov.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
medaeus wrote:

Thank you for your work.

I'd echo this - I particularly enjoyed how often Chris uses the words "ridiculous" and "insane" for example.:)

Nice stuff Kell.

Petrov.

Thanks medaeus and pet! :) Just doing my part to try and promote the shadow! More shadow players = more feedback = more ideas to improve the build and overall hybrid skilltree.

Also, I've tried LS with Added Fire, WED and Faster attacks Pet. Resulting DPS screen is here:
Spoiler

Gems linked:
Unavailable

Looks like a 50% DPS increase! It however cost 30 mana per cast, with LMP linked it'll prob go up to 45.

I could try and edit it into the build by colouring my mask to the appropriate colours and replace faster attacks by LMP, and put flicker on a 6L instead. But i'll probably have to get high mana regen equipment as well to help the mana regen from the Mind Drinker node's phys dmg mana leech
Build of the Week 14
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Just a quick note: Never thought of using your 6Link as 2*5Link? So both Flicker+LS into it and 4 support gems.
"
C4ph wrote:
Just a quick note: Never thought of using your 6Link as 2*5Link? So both Flicker+LS into it and 4 support gems.

Heya C4ph :)

yup! I've considered that, but after experimenting with a number of supports, I've concluded that Flicker's DPS was considerably enhanced by Melee Physical and Melee Damage on Full life, and those would not synergyse well with Lightning Strike because Lightning Strike Projectile Damage would not be affected by melee modifiers such as Melee Physical and Melee Damage on Full life.

Hence, if I linked the 2 together in a 2*5link, I would effectively be compromising on the DPS of either one and that's something I wanted to avoid because I quite like having 3 high DPS skills. :D

Hope that answers your question! :)
Build of the Week 14
Got a question regarding your lightning strike setup.

Added fire damage only boosts the hit on the initial target, right? Meaning, none of the fire damage will be converted to lightning and then hitt other enemies as lightning projectiles.

Also, shouldn't Melee damage and melee damage on full life be converted into lightning with lightning strike? I haven't tested this, but that's how I always understood that gems description.

Last question. Weapon elemental damage support does affect the lightning part of lightning strike? So more dps for the projectiles?

edit: just read your answer here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18361/page/15/#p689679

So to sum it up:
All elemental damage dealt with the weapon will also hit other mobs with the projectiles.
+melee support doesn't work for the projectiles
increased physical with xy from passives work for the initial hit and are thus converted to the projectiles?
Projectiles consist of lightning and phsical damage? (aswell as any other elements present in the inital hit?)
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Last edited by Alros on Oct 29, 2012, 10:07:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info