0.11.0e Patch Notes

ya and yet thay cant hold thier promise to release a perm CT league that was stated 4 months ago....

pathetic promise.
"
TheScientist wrote:
ya and yet thay cant hold thier promise to release a perm CT league that was stated 4 months ago....

pathetic promise.
Right, a permanent cut-throat league should be GGG's highest priority. Good call.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
WhiteBoy wrote:
Right, a permanent cut-throat league should be GGG's highest priority. Good call.

They managed to release 2 other leagues though cut-throat was desired by people and was not delivered this time
"
Chris wrote:
"
"
Chris wrote:
We're sorry for any inconvenience that the new trading restrictions cause, but they will have a dramatic impact on our mission to destroy RMT sites. It's not so much about forcing them to manually level up thousands of accounts to level 25 (though I'm sure that's going to be fun for them), but about slowing down how quickly they can move items between new accounts.

Note that existing accounts are unaffected. If you made a mule account, then it's still able to trade. If you want to make mule accounts in the future, you're welcome to, but should consider either levelling them up to 25 or just storing large items on them (not currency).

Edit: Because this keeps coming up, I should clarify that the same restriction applies to drop trading. The item becomes permanently allocated to you.

Another example of being completely out of touch. This change isn't going to remotely "destroy RMT sites". In fact, its not even going to slow them down. It will have zero impact.

This is a classic example of a developer making a change that only negatively effects the normal playerbase, and nothing else. The fact that you even have the idea of "destroying RMT sites" is disappointing.

I rarely get angry reading feedback, but your post achieved it. These changes will have the effects that we want because we are doing an awful lot of other stuff to go with it. You may claim it's impossible to destroy RMT, but we see clear improvements with each change we make. It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

haha, chris getting trolled successfully :) this guy really didn't bring up a single point why he thinks you're doing it wrong. classic trolling at it's best.

about the changes? nice move. should do the trick for now but on the long run i do think a 3% exp penalty will be neccessary in the first difficulty to stop automatic levelling by bots.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Antistes wrote:
"
WhiteBoy wrote:

They managed to release 2 other leagues though cut-throat was desired by people and was not delivered this time
That's because there are serious balance and abuse issues that need to be sorted out before cut-throat can go permanent. Being non-pvp-based, these two new leagues don't have these issues.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
"
geradon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

I rarely get angry reading feedback, but your post achieved it. These changes will have the effects that we want because we are doing an awful lot of other stuff to go with it. You may claim it's impossible to destroy RMT, but we see clear improvements with each change we make. It will not be worth their time to bother with our game. We are not going to give up this fight.

haha, chris getting trolled successfully :) this guy really didn't bring up a single point why he thinks you're doing it wrong. classic trolling at it's best.

And even then it was a painfully level-headed response. Had Chris not said 'you made me angry', you'd never have known.

Which begs the question -- is that his secret? Is he always angry?

Nah, he seems like a pretty happygolucky guy. I have never seen a dev in any game as "in touch" with the community as he is, and remain so levelheaded over some of the sewage people spew. For him being angry that was a pretty laidback response instead of the standard "GFY".

:)
"
Which begs the question -- is that his secret? Is he always angry?
Nah, he seems like a pretty happygolucky guy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 17, 2013, 6:18:39 AM
Second perfect patch in a row! ;D
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
I think RMT sites might start selling full items instead of currency, and while the problem will surely soften, it will just change its face.

So I think accounts before level 25 should only be able to receive big items and Scrolls, and be unable to give anything except Scrolls.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
Last edited by Nurvus on Jun 17, 2013, 7:51:46 AM
"
Nurvus wrote:
I think RMT sites might start selling full items instead of currency, and while the problem will surely soften, it will just change its face.

I don't think that will work fo the RMT suckers. Simply because with enough bots you can farm really big amounts of all kind of currency but not even with a billion exaltets you can buy big numbers of Koam's and 6l shavronne's or lionseye's just because there are not that many out there for sale. And making money out of not top-tier items? Good luck!!! ;D

The current patch is a good solution but only if they end multiboxing too. Otherwise it is no problem to level countless chars on different accounts to lvl 25 within two hours.

"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info