0.11.0e Patch Notes

Keep them patches going, loving where the game is going!
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
No at this time unfortunately :(

You can do a full clear on your ignore list, if it has a lot of bots I'd recommend doing this, as we ban quite a large number of them, so you may have a lot of bots ignored that no longer have access to the game etc.

I have a suggestion on that one:

consider making 'ignore list' elements have a lifespan of like 1 week. why?

- you ignore spammers (they are swiftly banned)
- you ignore 'one shot wonders' from trade chat that simply cannot shut up
- you ignore people that abuse you for whatever reason

group 1 is quickly removed so no reason to keep them on the list
group 2 consists of people that learn very quickly and dont do that again
group 3 will in most cases go troll somewhere else

so these ignores are in fact disposable, short term 'shut the .. up' commands, nothing more. i see no reason to keep this in DB for ages. this is not a friend list, but a 'go away' button.

it makes sense to keep this stuff for months in d3 (blizz does not ban so swiftly) but in poe? my entire software engineering career tells me that this is not needed in this case

This is a good idea.
If you play the games long enough, the permanent ignore list will just grow out of control, but in reality you will need less than a few % people on the list, for the reasons outlined above.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Good work GGG. The RMT people need to be kicked in the butt. I realize that in reality RMT trading is next to impossible to eliminate but with your "Level 25" rule it'll blunt some of their efforts. Is it possible that a software routine could be created to scan in real time to weed these players out, without infringing on their rights to play and collect massive amounts of loot??
"
Chris wrote:
We're sorry for any inconvenience that the new trading restrictions cause, but they will have a dramatic impact on our mission to destroy RMT sites. It's not so much about forcing them to manually level up thousands of accounts to level 25 (though I'm sure that's going to be fun for them), but about slowing down how quickly they can move items between new accounts.

Note that existing accounts are unaffected. If you made a mule account, then it's still able to trade. If you want to make mule accounts in the future, you're welcome to, but should consider either levelling them up to 25 or just storing large items on them (not currency).

Edit: Because this keeps coming up, I should clarify that the same restriction applies to drop trading. The item becomes permanently allocated to you.
chhhhhhhhhhhhh
nice =)
chhhhhhhhhhhhh
"This patch will not include a nerf to Rhoas"
LEGENDARY.
u could just make it so noone can trade currency, and ppl can only trade items :)
or make it so u have to be level 86-100 to trade currency... that should eliminate all rmt, cus noone would risk losing a char lvl 86-100 and if they were that dumb... theyd get banned... and well it would be a long time before they lvl one back up to that lvl lmao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info